The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2013

coleman26

So, I went to buy Tame Impala tickets today (they had some left a couple days ago, so I figured it was safe to wait) and apparently they're sold out now.

Does Commodore/Ticketmaster have reserved tickets that will be available at a later date, usually? Or should I just expect to pay scalper prices?

oh, what

lotus flower is track 5?

it's listed as track 2 on my downloaded copy.

well, that's embarrassing

yeah okay, first half sucks

I was going to draw you a picture, but you figured it out. :P

I haven't listened to ANYTHING 2013 yet...gotta DL Nick Cave tonight.

So, I went to buy Tame Impala tickets today (they had some left a couple days ago, so I figured it was safe to wait) and apparently they're sold out now.

Does Commodore/Ticketmaster have reserved tickets that will be available at a later date, usually? Or should I just expect to pay scalper prices?

Commodore often releases some, but you gotta get there early and wait in line. And even then, no guarantee.

Who is sponsoring it? Sometimes local record stores will have their own stash for sale.

i don't have a credit card, so my ticket buying strategy is just waiting until the day before or day of the show and finding someone on craigslist who is desperate to sell and offering them face value, or if they're asking for face value, offering them less.

it's only failed once, nobody was selling Ty Segall tickets online, but i managed to pick some up outside the venue.

all the good shows coming up soon sold out SO FAST.

The second half of TKOL is up there with some of their best

Mad Season has some unreleased tracks which they finished up with Mark Lanegan that they're going to release. Streaming on Rolling Stone's website- sounds more like unreleased Screaming Trees than it does Mad Season.

I love Mad Season! Have to check these tunes out. Screaming trees are awesome, too. I love "Last Words", but it's not as good as Sweet Oblivion or Dust, IMO.

Looking forward to new AIC, too. Loved "Black...". "Hollow" is sweet, as well.

Huge Lanegan fan here as well. Bubblegum is on my top-10 all time (finally found a vinyl copy after years of searching, last month in Montreal). Mark has a new album coming out in May, with a British blues musician named Duke Garwood.

http://www.ipecac.co...an_duke_garwood

http://www.myspace.com/dukegarwood

I'm not a HUGE Lanegan fan, but enjoy most of his work.

That said, Bubblegum is pure awesomeness. Mark sure caught fire in a bottle there.

Archived