The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Waive Ballard or Straight Trade For Komisarek?

Pasific Coluseum

Anyone who thinks Keith Ballard has a future with Canucks organization is living in denial. His future with this team looks bleak. Like Shane O Brien I think Ballard will be on the move either by waiver wire or a trade. Coach AV really has no love for Ballard and Keith has underwhelmed himself as a Canuck.

Ballard is miles ahead of Komisarek. You can get a better player with 4 times less salary for a 4th round pick. Go for someone like Steve Eminger or Jay Harrison. Or sign Pavel Kubina in free agency for all I care. If you really want to trade Ballard, maybe throw in a pick and try to pry Roman Polak from St. Louis

Being a Montreal native when i used to watch Komisarek put on the bleu blanc et rouge I enjoyed watching him play and I thought he is one of the best d men in the nhl he was physical like bieksa and extremly solid,but after the playoff series where him and lucic started beefing. Beating up lucic became the main focus of his career and he has never been the same but he has the tools to be amazing and i personally think it would be an awesome pickup for the Canucks knowing that he has a strong relationship with Higgins.

If Eddy walks there is a big hole to fill.

The only question with Ballard here is salary.

He is a top 4 on most teams in the NHL so his salary is still fair to middling.

As one poster said ,put Keith with Dan and he is as capable as Kevin.

Ballard is a better D'man then Bieksa...who i remember was being beat down by CDC just like how Ballard is just a season or two ago.

i would take Ballard over Bieksa any day of the week. not that i don't like bieksa i do, but Ballard is a way better player.

he has just never really had a chance.. but if Hammer never signed here we would all be singing his praises. because that would have been his role .

Archived