9 replies to this topic

#1 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Has anyone in Canada ordered off of GameStop.com and paid more than the shipping to get it over the border? I've heard some companies get it to you but you end up paying more to receive the package when it gets to you.
Posted Image

#2 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Has anyone in Canada ordered off of GameStop.com and paid more than the shipping to get it over the border? I've heard some companies get it to you but you end up paying more to receive the package when it gets to you.

Nope, I got it for the same the Americans pay

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#3 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

WWE Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Nope, I got it for the same the Americans pay

I think he means he is ordering from the American site, because most likely if you are ordering from US to Canada, shipping would be more.

Edited by formyhunny77, 20 December 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

#4 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I think he means he is ordering from the American site, because most likely if you are ordering from US to Canada, shipping would be more.

I know what he meant

Shipping is the same for me

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#5 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

I know what he meant

Shipping is the same for me

You are basically saying then that what you paid initially is what you paid period?
Posted Image

#6 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

You are basically saying then that what you paid initially is what you paid period?

Yes, when I ordered NHL 13 from Gamestop.com, when I selected Canada from the drop down menu after it defaultes to the US, the shipping fee didn't change

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#7 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Yes, when I ordered NHL 13 from Gamestop.com, when I selected Canada from the drop down menu after it defaultes to the US, the shipping fee didn't change

Thanks for the info. I was worried that I would have to pay more when the guy brings my parcel to the door.
Posted Image

#8 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the info. I was worried that I would have to pay more when the guy brings my parcel to the door.

Just a heads-up, you might have to pay for the customs if your order is shipped from the US. Or at least that was my experience from a few years back.

#9 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Just a heads-up, you might have to pay for the customs if your order is shipped from the US. Or at least that was my experience from a few years back.

It's not even customs I'm worried about. From what I read (posts were from 2008) GameStop uses ups. I am afraid of the bill ups will give for brokerage fees. I've heard of things a little as hot wheels cars or action figures costing folks an extra 30-50$ from ups.
Posted Image

#10 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

It's not even customs I'm worried about. From what I read (posts were from 2008) GameStop uses ups. I am afraid of the bill ups will give for brokerage fees. I've heard of things a little as hot wheels cars or action figures costing folks an extra 30-50$ from ups.

I work for FedEx. Extra fees are customs / taxes.
Are you sure it's brokerage fees? I've never in 5 years seen brokerage fees paid for at the door.
If you arrange to pay the customs / hst prior you'll save UPS' surcharge, which is $20-30

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.