The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's Write A Story II [50 Shades of Orange]

BananaMash

As the trio of friends set out towards the open sea, leaving the dull, motionless view of Murdertown in the distance, the storm was beginning to pick up. Mash and Tiggies were starting to worry about Gumball, as uncontrollable sobbing could be heard from his room underneath them.

“You think we should go check on Gumball?” Mash asked Tiggies.

“We? Absolutely not,” proclaimed Tiggies, suddenly dropping the pirate jargon. “I’m the one driving the boat right now; you do it.”

Mash grunted in disapproval but eventually caved in. He approached the rotting chunk of wood Gumball was using to block the door and gave it a soft tap. The wood crumbled to pieces at his feet as Mash let himself in. The sobbing had stopped, but Gumball was curled up in the corner of the room mumbling to himself.

“Hey Gumball, you gonna be alright?” asked Mash.

Gumball looked up at Mash and shook his head. Mash advanced towards the corner as Gumball slowly got to his feet.

“Look man, we’re going to need your help if we’re going to make it out of this storm alive,” announced a frustrated Mash, holding his hand out towards Gumball.

Gumball shot him a look of disapproval and swatted his hand away.

“Whatever,” said Mash, leaving the room in disgust.

Mash returned to the bridge of the ship to find that Tiggies had left the wheel. Taking over control of the ship, he yelled for his friend. No response. Mash quickly turned his attention towards the vast nothingness of the sea.

“Where the hell are we?” Mash muttered to himself under his breath.

“Hey! Sorry, had to take a leak,” yelled Tiggies while entering from the starboard end of the boat. “I’ll just take over again if you don’t mind.”

“You idiot!” screamed Mash. “We could have crashed! Hell, for all we know we could be way off cour -- whoa wait why are your pants soaking wet?”

Tiggies looked down and saw that he had, in fact, wet himself before making it outside to do his business. Tiggies, only slightly embarassed, shrugged it off and took a seat beside Mash. The two of them looked out at the large body of water in front of them, consumed by the beauty and elegance of the sea despite the storm that encompassed them. Feeling relaxed, Tiggies began to daydream until he was awoken by the deafening growl of his stomach.

“You think Gumball brought any food on the ship?” asked Tiggies.

“Doubt it, you know how cheap he is,” Mash replied. “Go check though. I’m getting hungry too.”

Tiggies began navigating the boat looking for something to eat. He searched the entire boat until he came across a mini-fridge buried under piles of garbage. Tiggies noticed that the fridge was unplugged, but opened it anyway and found a sandwich laying inside. Upon grabbing the sandwich, he noticed that the bread had gone moldy and whatever was inside had started turning green. Fighting through the horrid smell coming from the sandwich, he decided that his hunger was too unbearable not to consume it. While attempting to finish the sandwich through multiple gagging fits, he heard Mash yelling from the wheel house.

“Land! I see land!” Mash cried in excitement.

Mash pulled the boat up to the beach which conveniently had an empty dock for them to latch on to. Tiggies, who was suddenly full of energy, bolted towards the front of the boat to catch a glimpse of the island.

“Mash, it’s...it’s beautiful,” Tiggies stammered in amazement.

“Yeah, you said it,” replied Mash. “Hey, did you find any food down there?”

“Nope, nothing at all down there,” lied Tiggies. “Just a bunch of garbage and -- *THUD*”

Tiggies was interrupted by a loud crash from the stern of the boat.

“What was that?” Mash screamed.

“I don’t know. I think it came from Gumball’s room,” Tiggies replied.

The two of them ran towards Gumball’s room and burst through the doorway. They were met with an empty room that stank of smoke and possibly fecal matter. Gumball was gone.

• 1 month later...

Archived