The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NRA calls for an armed police officer at every US school

-Vintage Canuck-

Here's a thought - put a cop in every school - take the number of NRA memberships and divide them by the total cost - Presto the yearly membership fees to belong the the NRA can cover the cost of policing. I think its a wonderful idea - unfortunatley I don't think many NRA members could afford the cost

Can not think of one single legitimate reason for any citizen to own or posses an assault rifle that would be morally acceptable. You can't hunt with it - you can't compete with it in recognized shooting sports - and for self defence its the first shot only that counts. Not a fan of goverment regulation but the time is long over due for the US to ban assualt weapons and the NRA should be forthcoming on how they suggest the US comes up with the Billions it would take to have a cop in every school in the US.

Translation: Eliminate all rights, government can ensure our safety by banning all objects.

Where is the character assassination? Oh wait, there it is. :lol:

Oh, there's also the first amendment, which allows him to express his religious beliefs. Surely another silly disposable part of the constitution to you.

Sickening how Lefties use the death of all those children and teachers to push their liberal agendas.

And here was Obama exaggerating his eye flicks as if we can actually see his crocadile tears. But blubbers like a baby at HQ when he won the election.

How about the thousands of murdered innocent little souls that will never see Kindergarten because the Left voted them out with abortion? It's OK with them. Out of sight out of mind right? The media will never show gladbags full of baby parts being tied up and disposed of.

They disrespect the dead Sandy Hook children with their fake tears. Adam Lanza is a Saint compared to the left.

Sickening how Lefties use the death of all those children and teachers to push their liberal agendas.

And here was Obama exaggerating his eye flicks as if we can actually see his crocadile tears. But blubbers like a baby at HQ when he won the election.

How about the thousands of murdered innocent little souls that will never see Kindergarten because the Left voted them out with abortion? It's OK with them. Out of sight out of mind right? The media will never show gladbags full of baby parts being tied up and disposed of.

They disrespect the dead Sandy Hook children with their fake tears. Adam Lanza is a Saint compared to the left.

Your translator needs repairing.

I'm only calling for an elimination of a specific part of one specific "right": The one that allows common citizens to own weapons that have no practical use other than for the killing of multiple people in a very short period of time.

But hey, keep drinking the old "if we let them take away our M-16s, they'll take away all of our rights and we'll be like Communist China!" Kool-Aid. It's actually ironic. You pro-gun types like to talk about your "freedom" even though your comments show how brainwashed you all are, thanks to the NRA and it's ilk.

"Pretty soon all our rights will be gone!".... "We have to be able to rise up against the government!".... "Someone's going to kick my door down and rape my family!".... "I need a semi-auto in case there are multiple bad guys attacking me!" "How can I possibly hunt, or protect my family with a gun that does not automatically reload and come with a 15 shot magazine!"....Etc, etc....

Pure comedy.

???? What are you blathering on about?

Apparently you see something that is not there.

Note the US First Amendment in respect of free speech only applies to government action and only US government action at that. BTW The same sort of restriction applies in Canada as well as the Charter applies only to government actions.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

A person can say what they wish (assuming that it is not otherwise unlawful) and by the same token others can poke fun at what is said.

To the extent that Paul seems to be calling upon government to promote religion, that would be certainly be contrary to the First Amendment.

As the US Supreme Court has clearly stated any number of times including in Board of Education of Kiryas Joel Village School District v. Grumet, 512 U.S. 687 (1994) where Justice David Souter, writing for the majority, concluded that "government should not prefer one religion to another, or religion to irreligion."

Before you attempt to instruct others upon the ins and outs of constitutional law, you should first ensure that you have a grasp of the fundamentals and basic principles, eh?

You are not very bright whatsoever. Ron Paul was stating an opinion on what people can do on a personal level to better protect against this type of thing happening. Personal opinion =/= calling on government to promote religion. He spent most of that time stating there needs to be less government interference, not more. For someone who likes to state so often about his supposed constitutional law achievements, you have an awful ability dealing with both US constitutional law and understanding what an opinion is.

You justified removing at bare minimum a chunk of basic US right yet you talk about comedy gold and being "paranoid" about removing rights.

Well goddamn, I wonder why.. I guess it doesn't click in your head does it?

The rest of your post is just an awful rant straw manning whatever it is you're trying to argue against that's highly unrelated to my posts.

Archived