The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NRA calls for an armed police officer at every US school

-Vintage Canuck-

The type of weapon is irrelevant really, but the point is addressing a threat.

How equipped are schools to deal with this type of thing, when a criminal does come onto school and kills people, whether it be with guns, or bombs, or incendiary devices? Things already used in school attacks in the US.

Do you really think restrictions alone are going to stop a crazy person who has the motivation do commit such an act from finding ways to do so? :lol:

As for acting upon the situation, I think arming anyone in school as it stands should be an option should school attacks become far more commonplace than now. There is a cost associated with every little thing that is added to schools (guns + training included), and as mentioned, since schools are just about always amongst the first to get cut by state budgets, any cost that diverts directly from education should not be considered unless it's such a problem that schools cannot function normally.

The horrendously insulting thing I did was calling the thought process mundane that considers taxing guns as a preventative measure to criminals using them. Boy, that just ruined the thread didn't it?

You need thicker skin, dude.

I wouldn't go into those nations and suggest they're doing it wrong because evidently it works for them. I'm not doing those things which is why you needed to make this up completely out of thin air. It's you who is suggesting the US need to employ their style of gun restrictions/bans despite it not working. Your error is that you believe the US is like all of the other countries in thought process.

So, instead of getting rid of the real problem (ie. guns), the gun people are suggesting putting a trained guy with a gun in front of each school? The people would rather pay to have a guard like this than to just do away with guns altogether?

001393_35.jpg

It's all fear. Everyone is so scared of everyone else. Scared you might get shot, or robbed or raped at any corner. Scared the government is plotting to steal your freedoms. Scared of everything. It's sick, the states is a diseased nation. These are all just symptoms.

Are you for real dude? No really are you? Sorry to interfere JR, but is this guy for real?

If there is any kind of suggestion in his post it is that REGULATIONS THAT WORK IN OTHER COUNTRIES WOULD WORK IN AMERICA. How do you get "Americans are horrible serial killers" from someone suggesting they can be regulated like the rest of the civilized world? Are you just a troll or are your posts meant to be taken seriously?

:lol:

Settle down.

How I got "Americans are horrible serial killers" is that the post I was quoting was not something to take seriously ("So your response is that Americans are unique and beautiful snow flakes?" <-- can't take that seriously), therefore I make an equally obtuse statement at the other end of the spectrum. If what you're suggesting is that I give a serious response to that, well.. no.

Regulations that work in other countries are best in other countries because they do not have the same laws and customs that the US has.

It's funny that Americans are criticised (rightfully) for this "spread Democracy" garbage yet Americans are the ones who need to do things like everyone else, disregarding the way things are done there as if complete upheaval of laws and customs is a light switch you can turn on and off. :lol:

You crack me up.

Not a practical solution. Disregarding the constitution is not do-able. The caricature of a guard as a child abuser is cute though. :lol: Not surprising someone gets their impression of things from movies.

America has a crack addiction and it's guns but the problem is that they are the ones building the guns..... Dying off your own supply.

The only reason they started using guns in war was because of the stupid factor... Any idiot can aim and pull a trigger.

We should just ban guns. Problem solved.

Everything will be settled over a game of rock paper scissors best 2 out of 3.

Archived