The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

road rage thread.

I had some adult road rage on me years ago, came and started physically attacking me and I managed to fight him off and he left me alone. Scariest thing of my life, caught me off guard completely since I was 20 and he was probably around 40, was not ready for him to start hitting me at all.

I had a guy punch me in the face through the passenger window once. We were driving back from the beach and he thought we cut him off on the highway, so he started harassing us....kept switching lanes in front of us, then hitting the brakes. One of the times, we couldn't brake in time to stop and we hit him. It was on. He came flying out of his car and grabbed the driver, ripping him out of the truck. They fought. In the meantime, the guy's wife had also jumped out and was at the passenger window, yapping, yelling, etc. at the guy beside me in the passenger seat (I'd been seated in the middle of the cab). She reached in and grabbed my long hair and pulled it. When I fought back to get free, her husband (who was going back to his car because another car was pulling over to intervene) ran over and took a swing at me through the window. I ended up with a broken nose and a nice shiner. He ended up in court, charged with assault. :)

All because we changed lanes in front of him as he was changing into the same lane behind us.

just at best buy with my gf. some clown in a new avalanche jumped a curb to get around some lady with a cart almost hitting us. while the truck was speeding away I had just enough time to give it a good puch. gf said there qas a good sized dent in it. I drive a big truck and I know they're hard to maneuver in small spaces but you have to be patient. I keep tellingy gf that I'm her Edward now lol

Road rager's bizarre excuse

December 19, 2012, 6:18 pm Neil Doorley Today Tonight

Following a dramatic road rage attack that was captured on camera and broadcast last night, a driver who went berserk handed himself in to police.

http://au.news.yahoo...bizarre-excuse/

The attack was so violent and relentless the victim feared for his life, and the pictures that we brought you shocked the nation. However the excuse of the man behind the crazed motorway behaviour is hard to believe.

Still raging and still defiant, Australia's angriest driver says that he's actually the victim

The chilling road rage attack on Ken Olsen certainly got the nation talking, with every heart-stopping moment caught on camera and even Olsen's call to the police recorded.

Time after time, Olsen was forced to throw road rules out the window to evade a black ute. A former police officer, Olsen says he's never witnessed such a violent road rage incident and believes driving skills honed during his time as a police officer probably saved his life.

"I believe that if I didn't have those skills, he would have driven me into a tree, flipped me over - just caused an accident," he said.

All the evidence he needed was recorded by his dashboard camera, and today (after being exposed on Today Tonight) the accused road rager surrendered himself to police.

police.

Road rager says video 'fake'

Reporter Neil Doorley caught up with the angry Australian driver accused of ramming and smashing a driver's car in a bizarre and violent road rage attack.

As Queensland police investigate, another of his alleged victims has broken her silence.

"He's a maniac and he should not be on the road at all," the alleged victim said.

She's too afraid to reveal her identity, fearing the man who stalked Olsen will again target her. However she remembers being menaced by the same ute with the same distinctive sticker on the back, near where Olsen was chased.

"There's oncoming traffic and he would just cut straight in front of them. He swerved once again out over double lines and back in in front of the truck, and then just floored it. He ignorantly decided he was going to put everyone's lives at risk and do it," she said.

Olsen's life was certainly put at risk as his car was rammed at least seven times.

It seems Australia's angriest driver will need a new defence – as the saying goes, the pictures don't lie.

I was driving to work down the #1 highway one day when I came across a flatbed in the left lane beside a wide load trailer, both going about 50.

I stayed about 6 or 7 car lengths behind the flatbed and flicked my high beams to signal I wanted to pass. There were no other vehicles within sight in front of and behind me.

Instead the flatbed slows right down, to a crawl at times, and starts slamming on his brakes and weaving in front of me, to prevent me from passing. This continues for a few minutes until I finally manage to pass him dangerously and continued on my way.

A few minutes later down the road, I glance into my rearview to find the flatbed zooming up like he's going to ram me, if I didn't accelerate in time I'm sure he would have.

I prevent him passing and getting too close until finally I have enough, and toss a sparkplug out my window when he was directly behind me which badly cracks his windshield.

He didn't like that much and I figured he'd try to follow me on my exit and all the way to my work if he could, but fortunately for him he didn't.

Archived