Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Is Evander Kane back on the trade market?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Southpop45

Southpop45

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

http://www.winnipegf...-184226401.html

this coming from gary lawless of the winnipeg free press, if you dont feel like reading it ill highlight the main points:

1 the jets are having personal issues with kane ( ex. taking his girlfriend on road trips, the twitter picture)

2 lawless also states that while kane posses elite level talent, it is almost gauranteed that kane will not finish his new contract with winnipeg. and that if he continues acting the way he has been, then kane will be traded sooner rather than later.

3 even if the jets want to unload kane the asking price will still be high because lots of teams will be interested.

so what do yoyu guys think is evander kane still worth the high price it will take to land him?

Edited by Southpop45, 21 December 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#2 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,034 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

this coming from gary lawless of the winnipeg free press, if you dont feel like reading it ill highlight the main points:

1 the jets are having personal issues with kane ( ex. taking his girlfriend on road trips, the twitter picture)

2 lawless also states that while kane posses elite level talent, it is almost gauranteed that kane will not finish his new contract with winnipeg. and that if he continues acting the way he has been, then kane will be traded sooner rather than later.

3 even if the jets want to unload kane the asking price will still be high because lots of teams will be interested.

so what do yoyu guys think is evander kane still worth the high price it will take to land him?

He's worth it only if the price is right. Overpaying for him would be a mistake.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#3 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

inb4 someone says
Raymond, Ballard, and a Second.
Or
Luongo

Edited by JordanSchroder18, 21 December 2012 - 11:55 PM.

Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#4 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

I see Kane as the face of the franchise. They have him locked up to a good deal and they should do everything in their power to keep him. I don't see Kane being traded until at least the last year of his contract.

#5 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

no one's really OFF the market, heck Gretzky and Roy got traded.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#6 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

inb4 someone says Raymond, Ballard, and a Second. Or Luongo

Sounds good to me!

In all seriousness are the Jets going to move him? IMO I doubt it.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#7 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

inb4 someone says
Or
Luongo

Raymond, Ballard, 2nd, AND Luongo for Kane?

'Peg would do it, for sure.

:bigblush:

/=S=/

#8 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

I was drinking with a guy from Winnipeg sometime in the summer. He was going on about 'old and new money' in Winnipeg, and of how the injection of wild NHLers making millions has otherwise disturbed their normally humble community. Needless to say I stopped listening after a while. He had nothing nice to say about Kane. He went on about his friend working at a bar that Kane frequented, apparently he's all ego and drives some kind of flashy sports car.

Anyways, I guess my point is that the Winnipeg community isn't exactly thrilled with who these athletes are as people. I understand it's an overstatement, but this was coming from a young guy (23) who believed these NHLers were wild. With that being said, I think it's completely plausible that Kane could be moved if only for the all important factor of public perception - especially in a recently established market.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#9 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

The price for Kane will be too much for us, and really I could see us not being interested if these issue's people have with his attitude don't change.

I see them holding onto him longer than this, if more events happen then I could see them seriously looking at moving him, but right now the price is way too high for us to do.

zackass.png

#10 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

Hes a little ***** from what Ive heard.

Our locker room is mature, I cant see him fitting in that well.

Edited by PlayStation, 22 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#11 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Gary Lawless is not to be taken seriously. He stirs the pot to get people to read his crap and general opinion is that he's an idiot. Kane's reputation here is not nearly as bad as Lawless would have you believe.

#12 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hes a little ***** from what I've heard.

@EKane9JETS: I'm kind of a big deal...

@pinkysimovitch: @EKane9JETS If you're a big deal why did you get released from the KHL??

@EKane9JETS: @pinkysimovitch " don't act like your not impressed"

Doucheeeee

Our locker room is mature, I cant see him fitting in that well.

...I'm taking it you've never seen Anchorman?

#13 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Gary Lawless is not to be taken seriously. He stirs the pot to get people to read his crap and general opinion is that he's an idiot. Kane's reputation here is not nearly as bad as Lawless would have you believe.

While it's not completely rosy either, pretty much this. Even if Winnipeg does get fed up with him after feeling confident enough to sign him to a big deal, they'd ask for a significant return before they'd actually move him.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#14 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

soulda been kolvochuck... luongo for kane please!!!

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#15 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Where is Monty when you need him to bash Kane proposals?
Kane would be awesome in Van but is character is an issue for sure

#16 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

...I'm taking it you've never seen Anchorman?

Oh, I guess I'm wrong.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#17 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

If my boss got mad for me taking a picture with money, id quit. In kanes place, id play like crap so they lose and trade me. Its my money ill do what ever the frack I damn well want!

Posted Image

#18 SeaBass

SeaBass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Alot of NHL'ers and hockey players in general are complete @$$holes. Growing up, the Junior A team in my area was full of a bunch of D-bags who only hung out amongst themselves, started fights, and created problems.
I remember adults in the community saying others should not be fighting with these players because the players could hurt their hands or get injured in a fight and it might jeopardize their chance at "making it".
I recall one night on Hockey NIght in Canada, Ron Mclean and the panel talking about a local guy who was playing in the NHL as one of the "good guys" in the game. They said he was always polite and willing to talk to them, however all his old friends in town said that he had turned into an A-hole once he made the show and wouldn't even hardley talk to them anymore.
I also talked to some buddies in the construction business who built a house for a current well known NHL'er who the country is in love with and they said he was a pretty big jerk and was always accusing everyone of taking advantage of him because he was a NHL player.
People talk about how NHL players are humble and not like NBA or NFL players, (any i have to agree they seem better behaved) but I think they are still young men making obsene amounts of money and have egos to go along with it.

#19 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Kanes a beauty, if the price was right I would love to have him on the team.
Also, lol at people overreacting to his money picture.
Posted Image

#20 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Oh, I guess I'm wrong.

I'm not saying he doesn't have an attitude problem, but that's not a good example of his attitude problem. That was him quoting a line from a movie, someone not realizing it's a quote from a movie and taunting him about it, then him quoting another line in response which was clearly meant to be self-deprecating. The "don't act like you're not impressed" line, like it was in the movie, is usually brought out to jokingly act like you're not ashamed about something when you clearly are.

Again, not saying he doesn't have an attitude problem, just that this twitter exchange isn't a good example of it. In fact, it kind of makes me feel better about his attitude a little bit.

@elvis15
Yeah I'm definitely not saying there aren't problems, I just read that article a few days ago and it really irked me. Lawless presents extremely bold opinions as facts to get people talking and I feel that the way he presents it does turn people who don't know anything about Lawless against players like Kane here in Winnipeg and could eventually cause Kane to want to be relocated, and could even drive his value down because other teams would see how poorly he's being treated, know he wants out, and think he has a huge attitude problem on top of it.

Even if his attitude problem is as bad as Lawless seems to think it is, he's doing a great disservice to the team by putting it out there the way that he does. Whenever a player gets traded for attitude reasons there's always rumors and rumblings but I've never seen a journalist who's supposed to be credible come right out and bash that player like he's doing. To make matters worse he's the only person who writes about the Jets in the WFP, which is the only respected newspaper in this city.

#21 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,601 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

inb4 someone says
Or
Luongo

A second rounder instead of a first? Looks original to me!

307mg00.jpg

#22 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Not sure who would want to pay the high asking price for Kane if he's such a diva.

#23 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

I'm not saying he doesn't have an attitude problem, but that's not a good example of his attitude problem. That was him quoting a line from a movie, someone not realizing it's a quote from a movie and taunting him about it, then him quoting another line in response which was clearly meant to be self-deprecating. The "don't act like you're not impressed" line, like it was in the movie, is usually brought out to jokingly act like you're not ashamed about something when you clearly are.

Again, not saying he doesn't have an attitude problem, just that this twitter exchange isn't a good example of it. In fact, it kind of makes me feel better about his attitude a little bit.

Yeah, I actually chuckled at that twitter exchange. It was pretty funny.

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#24 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

I was drinking with a guy from Winnipeg sometime in the summer. He was going on about 'old and new money' in Winnipeg, and of how the injection of wild NHLers making millions has otherwise disturbed their normally humble community. Needless to say I stopped listening after a while. He had nothing nice to say about Kane. He went on about his friend working at a bar that Kane frequented, apparently he's all ego and drives some kind of flashy sports car.

Anyways, I guess my point is that the Winnipeg community isn't exactly thrilled with who these athletes are as people. I understand it's an overstatement, but this was coming from a young guy (23) who believed these NHLers were wild. With that being said, I think it's completely plausible that Kane could be moved if only for the all important factor of public perception - especially in a recently established market.

Your friend is jealous, plain and simple. He's not speaking for the "community" - there are ~700,000 people in Winnipeg, if I'm not mistaken.

I actually think there's prudence to the article. Lawless is very well-respected. If we wanted him, we'd probably need to be prepared to give up Edler & Raymond, and maybe some sort of conditional pick, if they weren't able to sign Edler.

#25 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

I thought it was funny. he just wants to be like money Mayweather.

Does his failure of a stint in the khl reduce his trade value?

Edited by SterlingArcher, 23 December 2012 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#26 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

A beauty? The guy is a complete tool.

#27 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

A beauty? The guy is a complete tool.

how so

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#28 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Kane isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Winnipeg would want more than any other team would offer. They will wait a few seasons until the demand meets their asking price.

#29 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Kane's shtick wouldn't go over well in the Canucks dressing room. The guy has been hated pretty much everywhere he goes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Where is Monty when you need him to bash Kane proposals?
Kane would be awesome in Van but is character is an issue for sure

I'm here, never left ;)That said, I didn't bash this "proposal" because it wasn't a proposal, just asking what it would take to get him. I've been negative towards some peoples proposals for Kane, your's included, because everything I've seen on here has involved him coming to Vancouver, and all of them have are done up as if Winnipeg is interested in giving him away for nothing.IF Kane is traded in the near future (say 1-2 years), teams would have to pay through the nose to get him. As a Canucks fan, would you be happy with Gillis overpaying to get him? Probably not, as they are still considered cup contenders.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.