The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Is Evander Kane back on the trade market?

Southpop45

http://www.winnipegf...-184226401.html

this coming from gary lawless of the winnipeg free press, if you dont feel like reading it ill highlight the main points:

1 the jets are having personal issues with kane ( ex. taking his girlfriend on road trips, the twitter picture)

2 lawless also states that while kane posses elite level talent, it is almost gauranteed that kane will not finish his new contract with winnipeg. and that if he continues acting the way he has been, then kane will be traded sooner rather than later.

3 even if the jets want to unload kane the asking price will still be high because lots of teams will be interested.

so what do yoyu guys think is evander kane still worth the high price it will take to land him?

this coming from gary lawless of the winnipeg free press, if you dont feel like reading it ill highlight the main points:

1 the jets are having personal issues with kane ( ex. taking his girlfriend on road trips, the twitter picture)

2 lawless also states that while kane posses elite level talent, it is almost gauranteed that kane will not finish his new contract with winnipeg. and that if he continues acting the way he has been, then kane will be traded sooner rather than later.

3 even if the jets want to unload kane the asking price will still be high because lots of teams will be interested.

so what do yoyu guys think is evander kane still worth the high price it will take to land him?

I was drinking with a guy from Winnipeg sometime in the summer. He was going on about 'old and new money' in Winnipeg, and of how the injection of wild NHLers making millions has otherwise disturbed their normally humble community. Needless to say I stopped listening after a while. He had nothing nice to say about Kane. He went on about his friend working at a bar that Kane frequented, apparently he's all ego and drives some kind of flashy sports car.

Anyways, I guess my point is that the Winnipeg community isn't exactly thrilled with who these athletes are as people. I understand it's an overstatement, but this was coming from a young guy (23) who believed these NHLers were wild. With that being said, I think it's completely plausible that Kane could be moved if only for the all important factor of public perception - especially in a recently established market.

Hes a little ***** from what I've heard.

@EKane9JETS: I'm kind of a big deal...

@pinkysimovitch: @EKane9JETS If you're a big deal why did you get released from the KHL??

@EKane9JETS: @pinkysimovitch " don't act like your not impressed"

Doucheeeee

Our locker room is mature, I cant see him fitting in that well.

Alot of NHL'ers and hockey players in general are complete @$$holes. Growing up, the Junior A team in my area was full of a bunch of D-bags who only hung out amongst themselves, started fights, and created problems.

I remember adults in the community saying others should not be fighting with these players because the players could hurt their hands or get injured in a fight and it might jeopardize their chance at "making it".

I recall one night on Hockey NIght in Canada, Ron Mclean and the panel talking about a local guy who was playing in the NHL as one of the "good guys" in the game. They said he was always polite and willing to talk to them, however all his old friends in town said that he had turned into an A-hole once he made the show and wouldn't even hardley talk to them anymore.

I also talked to some buddies in the construction business who built a house for a current well known NHL'er who the country is in love with and they said he was a pretty big jerk and was always accusing everyone of taking advantage of him because he was a NHL player.

People talk about how NHL players are humble and not like NBA or NFL players, (any i have to agree they seem better behaved) but I think they are still young men making obsene amounts of money and have egos to go along with it.

Archived