The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things you were just better off not knowing

Mainly Mattias

Guest Gumballthechewy

Who's obsessive? Why are you talking to people? What do you mean? Is there something you should be telling me? Who are you? Where'd you put my Ovaltine?!

• 1 month later...

i just read how anglerfish mate. yuck.

essentially, the tiny male can't live on its own; he smells out the huge female, bites into her skin, releasing an enzyme which fuses his mouth to her (and eventually his entire body).

from the national geographic website:

When a young, free-swimming male angler encounters a female, he latches onto her with his sharp teeth. Over time, the male physically fuses with the female, connecting to her skin and bloodstream and losing his eyes and all his internal organs except the testes. A female will carry six or more males on her body.
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently travelling in Asia and due to jet-lag I decided I needed a few drinks to help me sleep. I was watching tv and had a couple of rum and cokes in an otherwise dark room. I had a few and poured myself another. The last one tasted kinda funny but I thought that it was possibly from my cup that might've had some air freshener or something similar on the glass. I had another few sips and then later went to the toilet to wash out my cup. Upon turning on the light I noticed perhaps 100 small ants drowning in my drink. I figure I ate 50-100 little tiny ants.

I'm currently travelling in Asia and due to jet-lag I decided I needed a few drinks to help me sleep. I was watching tv and had a couple of rum and cokes in an otherwise dark room. I had a few and poured myself another. The last one tasted kinda funny but I thought that it was possibly from my cup that might've had some air freshener or something similar on the glass. I had another few sips and then later went to the toilet to wash out my cup. Upon turning on the light I noticed perhaps 100 small ants drowning in my drink. I figure I ate 50-100 little tiny ants.

Archived