The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gunman kills woman at Pennsylvania church, two men elsewhere

Heretic

The hits just keep on coming.....sad...sad...sad...

A man fatally shot a woman decorating for a children's Christmas party at a tiny church hall and killed two men elsewhere in a rural central Pennsylvania township Friday before he was fatally shot in a gunfight with state troopers.

The shootings began in Frankstown Township at about 9 a.m. and investigators were processing five crime scenes within about a 1.5-mile radius, authorities said at a news briefing Friday afternoon. The troopers were responding to a 911 call of a shooting in the township when they heard calls reporting at least one other shooting elsewhere, state police spokeswoman Maria Finn said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/gunman-kills-woman-at-pennsylvania-church-two-men-elsewhere/article6638511/

The hits just keep on coming.....sad...sad...sad...

A man fatally shot a woman decorating for a children's Christmas party at a tiny church hall and killed two men elsewhere in a rural central Pennsylvania township Friday before he was fatally shot in a gunfight with state troopers.

The shootings began in Frankstown Township at about 9 a.m. and investigators were processing five crime scenes within about a 1.5-mile radius, authorities said at a news briefing Friday afternoon. The troopers were responding to a 911 call of a shooting in the township when they heard calls reporting at least one other shooting elsewhere, state police spokeswoman Maria Finn said.

http://www.theglobea...article6638511/

A mentally unstable person wouldn't be able to kill multiple people without a gun. Magnotta was an unstable person and he could only kill one person without a gun. Now imagine him with an AK-47. There are many steps that needs to be taken to minimize this type of incidents. Better mental health care, stricter gun laws, better education and increase in support groups. Its not just about curing the mentally ill that will solve these incidents. A one step solution won't solve these problems.

Yeah...actually, it kind of would. If they worked on the real problem, which is the mental health system (and I speak from experience) I would almost bet you that if they stop handing out these pharmaceutical drugs like they were candy...maybe do some ACTUAL Psychiatric work and come up with a better solution than these pharmaceutical drugs, then maybe their patients...being actually TREATED for their disorder, wouldn't make such irrational decisions, i.e picking up a gun and killing 15-20 people. You want more support groups? Who's going to pay for them, you? Our economy is a joke right now...do you really think they are going to spend money to put together more support groups?

Your economy is a joke because your government doesn't know how to handle people's money. Spending trillions of dollars on military?? Spending trillions of dollars on Iraq and Afghanistan?? Like that helped your countrymen. America is the richest country in the world yet they are still as broke as a bum. Maybe decreasing the military funding and increasing the funding in critical areas would improve the state of living in America even if it is just slightly. Canada also has these so called pharmaceutical drugs and its share of mentally ill but you don't see incidents like what is happening in America. Its ironic that you don't want to blame the guns yet you blame the drugs. After all, aren't gun abuse and drug abuse the same thing?

Uh...no...it isn't the same thing...lol....what the hell are you talking about...and "so-called" pharmaceutical drugs? Prozac, Paxil, Depakote, Risperdal, Adderall, Ritalin, for the love of whatever you see as holy these are the types of pills that are being prescribed by these clueless quacks to TEENAGERS to treat anything from depression to anxiety to many MANY misdiagnoses of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia...If you've never been in the throes of addiction to one of these psych pills like I used to be...you can never understand how dangerous they are. That's it in a nutshell. I am speaking from experience on these psych drugs, while you, unsurprisingly, are speaking from the viewpoint of having not the slightest idea what you're talking about...how on earth is gun abuse and drug abuse the same thing? Please attempt to tell me that...I'll wait.

Yeah...actually, it kind of would. If they worked on the real problem, which is the mental health system (and I speak from experience) I would almost bet you that if they stop handing out these pharmaceutical drugs like they were candy...maybe do some ACTUAL Psychiatric work and come up with a better solution than these pharmaceutical drugs, then maybe their patients...being actually TREATED for their disorder, wouldn't make such irrational decisions, i.e picking up a gun and killing 15-20 people. You want more support groups? Who's going to pay for them, you? Our economy is a joke right now...do you really think they are going to spend money to put together more support groups?

Archived