The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Appreciation Thread

Smashian Kassian

I hardly think Detroit thought they were signing a broken down has been at 2 years and $6m with a no trade clause.

By the way Booth is only bigger in your dreams, being 2" shorter and 6 lbs lighter than Sammy. Sammy gave us two 50+ points seasons, lets wait and see what Booth gives us

Samuelsson tied two Canucks playoff records. With seven goals in six games, he tied Pavel Bure for most goals in a series and with goals in the first five games of the series, he tied Cliff Ronning for longest goal-scoring streak

Not bad for a 32 year old $2.5 / year free agent...............what is Booth making?

And who do you propose we use as second line centre? <_<

Danny, as mentioned in the first post, is already a superb passer, possibly top 5 or 7 in the world for forwards? Hank, Syd, Big Joe, Datsyuk, Malkin, Danny...

One of our problems is balance, and we have our two best passers (possibly best three) and very little size bottled up with Twins / Burr. Teams are not going to shut Booth, Kesler and Danny down physically and it has plenty of speed. If anything this has more goal scoring potential which could be unlocked.

I would rather hank with kes and booth. more passing. danny has the best shot on our team putting him with 2 other shoot first forwards just doesn't make sence to me. I don't mind your idea though just swap hank and danny.

And who do you propose we use as second line centre? <_<

Danny, as mentioned in the first post, is already a superb passer, possibly top 5 or 7 in the world for forwards? Hank, Syd, Big Joe, Datsyuk, Malkin, Danny...

One of our problems is balance, and we have our two best passers (possibly best three) and very little size bottled up with Twins / Burr. Teams are not going to shut Booth, Kesler and Danny down physically and it has plenty of speed. If anything this has more goal scoring potential which could be unlocked.

• 3 weeks later...

David Booth looks like he really leaned out during the extended off-season.

This is what I was hoping for, he seemed to beef up a bit too much after his concussion.

I think we're about to get a glimpse of the real David Booth.

A dangerous David Booth alone can turn our second line around without Kesler.

Booth was a great pick up, I'm glad we got him too. He is a genuine power forward and he plays that role well. The only problem is that he is lacking chemistry with Kesler because they both play similar styles. Where else could they put him or who could they pair him with?

Archived