The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post-Lockout: Is it time to put Hansen in the top 6?

Zoolander

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jaanik Hansen as all of you already know, is on the upswing of his career. This season, in the SM-Liiga in Europe, Hansen has 5G, 8A in 15 GP. His plus-minus is almost always positive, and he can go to the dirty areas and feed Kesler the puck.

IMO, Hansen has worked hard for this spot, and shouldn't be subjected to just being a 3rd/4th liner. He should be given a long, hard look as Kesler's new 2nd line RW.

For someone drafted in a round, which no longer exists...I'd say it's time to give him the opportunity to show his stuff.

Fits the 3rd line role better, if we had injuries I wouldn't mind giving him a shot as I think his offensive skill is better than he is given credit for.

But I would like to see Kassian get that shot, he Booth and Kesler all had great games when they were together against Buffalo, for some reason AV didn't keep them together however, so hopefully we could get an extended look at that line post lockout.

Not banking on him as a permanent solution, I'll tell ya what. I suppose he will suffice for a short period of time filling in for injured players, but he is a better suited for a 3rd line role as mentioned (which is obviously not a knock against him as some top six players could never play that 3rd line role effectively).

Honestly, some people are just damned good third liners. Third line seems to be where CDCers relegate anyone they don't think is an absolute superstar but really its just a different skill set, just like how people on here say certain forwards are "top 6 or bust". Hansen forechecks hard, plays physical, skates fast and really plays his minutes for all they're worth. That is his job as a third liner and he's only getting better at it. I'm eager to see him convert more of those chances he works to create and I know he can and will do that. He has more versatility and I think he'll get some 2nd line minutes when the option suits us but he's good at being a third liner. That's not a bad thing.

What?? Raymond has no place on this team other than an injury replacement. Our only hope is that he plays well for a bit of a stretch so we can trade him for a 2nd round pick or decent prospect, but even that is a stretch.

Hansen belongs on the 3rd line. Sure, he could play top 6 if needed but his value is highest on the 3rd line. I'd prefer Higgins in the top 6 if anything.

I'd like to start with a 3rd line of Hansen - Lapierre - Kassian.

Was he even good before he got injured? He had one solid year but that was ages ago.

Believe me, I'd love Raymond to be a 20 goal scorer but he just doesn't have the instincts. He doesn't take the puck to the net with any authority and at his age, if that isn't part of his game then I just don't see things changing moving forward.

Don't really think that there's any room for him on it, I mean, our wingers are Sedin, Burrows, Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Kassian, and in a few years Jensen too.

There's just no room for him in the top six, and he's a great third liner!

Archived