Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

Which line is the best fit for Chris Higgins?

Which line is the best fit for Chris Higgins?   61 members have voted

1. 1. Which line is the best fit for Chris Higgins?

• 1st line
    • 2nd line
    • 3rd line
    • 4th line

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 posts in this topic

Chris Higgins is one of those players who can play in any situation and on any line which got me thinking, Which line is the best fit for Chris Higgins? (With the roster we have right now.)

No matter which line he seemed to play on last year, he seemed to make them better...but his best fit was definitely the 2nd line.

I would say 3rd, just based on how effective Higgins / Lapierre / Hansen could be. But as Yap said, he did look good on the second.

If we get an expensive 30 goal scorer to play with Kesler and Booth, Higgins can easily join the 3rd line and bring some offense to it, and compliment other players like Hansen and Lappy...

3rd.

He has the skill to play on the 2nd but his grit & two way play could be a huge asset on the 3rd with Hansen. Especially if Kassian or someone else can grab the 2nd line spot.

3rd.

He has the skill to play on the 2nd but his grit & two way play could be a huge asset on the 3rd with Hansen. Especially if Kassian or someone else can grab the 2nd line spot.

I think he can play 2nd or 3rd line, but he was super good with Kesler, because he would pass to him.

Him, Kesler and Booth looked great at times. But Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen sounds like a damn good third line to me, so I'd have to say third. But I'd also say that he's our sixth best forward at the moment.

He should play on the second line unless we get another top 6 forward. For right now, he will make the team better if he is used on the second line.

I love the sound of him playing on the third line of we can get a top six forward for Luongo.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Player from Luongo trade

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Kassian

Solid.

He is a 2nd/3rd line tweener, but I see him being most useful on the 3rd line.

The Canucks are lucky to have Higgins, and also have him at a very reasonable cap hit.

regards,

G.

He is a 2nd/3rd line tweener, but I see him being most useful on the 3rd line.

The Canucks are lucky to have Higgins, and also have him at a very reasonable cap hit.

regards,

G.

Whenever you use

regards,

G.

I always think that signals the end of discussion...damn you and your politeness!!

I'd have him on the 2nd, but Raymond can't play on the third. I feel like he works well on the 3rd line.

I Like These Lines myself,

However using these would require another RW, which we unfortunately dont have.

And although I would love Kassian to be on our roster he is clearly not dominant enough at the AHL level to be in our top 6 - and his development would only be hampered at this stage by him playing 4th or even 3rd line minutes.

Offence:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

S.S. Burrows

Booth Kesler ?

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Raymond Malhotra Weise/Volpatti/Desbiens/Pinizzotto

Defence:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Alberts/Ballard Tanev

Goalies:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Schneids

Luo

My possibilities of filling that 2nd line RW spot (which lets be honest is a huge hole in our current roster) would be:

Dainus Zubrus or David Clarkson from the Devils or perhaps Parenteau or Okposo from The Islanders through a Luongo and/or Ballard trade.

PS:

I think the Devils are a fringe team on the luongo 'sweepstakes.'

And,

I think the Islanders are looking for a puck moving, powerplay capable, d-man and could look at Ballard as a cheap solution - in terms of what they would have to give up: possibly one of the aforementioned for ballard and 3rd-5th rounder.

Higgins could play either 3rd or 2nd.

I love the sound of him playing on the third line of we can get a top six forward for Luongo.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Player from Luongo trade

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Kassian

Solid.