The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which line is the best fit for Chris Higgins?

-Vintage Canuck-

Which line is the best fit for Chris Higgins?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I adore the Higgins Lapierre Hansen trio there is no better third line then this if these guys play playoff hockey. I love them and i am confident that if u give them a solid amount of games to regain their connection with one another we will dominate with are bottom 6.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - ???

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev/Alberts

Schneider

Lack

The missing piece comes either from/in the Luongo trade of course, the bottom two lines are a lot stronger on offence than they have been in the past.. Bet we score a butt load of goals, and no need to worry about GA with Schneids in net. Question is what player do we get to play with Kes and what our roster will even look like next season? A lot of our players may not even be here.

Can't wait to see what happens, either way. I think anybody Florida can offer us would be of service, what would you think of trading Edler to them if he doesn't want to resign?? Something like; Luongo and Edler for Versteeg, Ellerby and a 1st round draft pick? Edler would be wicked with Campbell, and the forward combination of Booth, Kesler and Versteeg would be about the best second line we could get! Although it would obviously really suck to see Edler go, I'd only trade him if he didn't want to stay here. What better way than to package him with Lu, you can't say Florida wouldn't be a way better team with these two making an immediate impact.

EDIT: In regards to Higgs, I personally think he goes best on the 3rd line. Him, Lappy and Hansen make a killer grinding line to agitate the opposition. Be great on the forecheck and could contribute offensively as well, so why change what works? :P

i like higgins a lot for his versitility, but he stands out most as a third liner who can play top 6 minutes in case of injury. i say enjoy

seeing him play while hes here cause barring a huge setback jensen will be ready to take higgins' spot next year. (higgins'

contract is up after this year, and if jensen is ready then higgins most likely wont be resigned unless he takes a huge discount to stay)

Am I being a bit of a turd reminding everyone we traded for him to play 4th line, with the ability to move up the line up in the event injuries? Maybe we have more for him, but that is the ideal scenario.

His work rate is world class, but as even now people keep asking for ANOTHER trade to get a winger for Kesler??? That rules him off the second, and he's not displacing Booth on the LW anyway.

So, we should be very fortunate to have as a depth player but not rely on him for top six. And to me, he is big enough to handle himself, not big enough to assert himself. So if matched with Hansen, I'm only happy with him on the 3rd line if we get a big centre (Arnott, better if Manny returns to form) who evens out size match ups. Last year our 3rd line, stopper version, was too small. So he has a place on the third if other pieces fall in to place...

Ideally, I'd like to see him on our fourth line - if Chris Higgins is a fourth liner on your team, you have to have some amazing forwards! However, with our current roster, I think that the 3rd is the best fit for him - that way, we still have some scoring from our 3rd line.

It really doesn't matter, we have players like Burrows, Hansen, Higgins, Booth, Raymond and maybe even Kassian who can all play anywhere in our lineup, from 1st line winger to 3rd line winger or even 4th line grinder. That's what makes the Canucks so dangerous - there's honestly not much of a drop off from top liner to 3rd liner. Nevertheless, when everyone was 100% healthy they played best in this configuration:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Lapierre - Raymond

Kassian - Malhotra - Weise

Don't get me wrong, Burrows has great chemistry with the twins, but maybe not be the best

fit come playoff time,....but he's a great player in his own right

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Raymond Malholtra Weise

or (if Schroeder makes the team somehow)

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Kesler Hansen

Booth Schroeder Burrows

Raymond Lapierre Malholtra

3rd line LW, for sure. He has the defensive ability and the grit which make him perfectly suited to checking line duties. What makes him even more ideal as a 3rd line LW for the Canucks is that he has enough offensive ability to pop in 15-20 goals and the Canucks like to have offense all throughout the lineup, not just on the top two lines.

Sadly, though, he's the best option the Canucks have for the 2nd line RW spot so that's where he'll stay for now, but he fits best on the 3rd line.

I know most Canucks fans will think this is ludicrous, but I'd like to give Raymond another chance (Yes, ANOTHER chance) on the 2nd line with Kesler. This is partly because I prefer Higgins on the 3rd line but also because I'm just not ready to write Raymond off or forget about the fact that a couple seasons ago he scored 25 goals and 53 points with Kesler. Those two DID have chemistry. They've both got serious wheels and once upon a time worked very well together off the rush. Seeing as how both Booth and Kesler bring the size, I think the Canucks can afford to have a more undersized, less physical presence on the 2nd line.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Raymond

Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen

Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

I like the look of the above lineup. The 3rd line looks like a much better, grittier, more effective checking line with Higgins than it does with Raymond.

Optimally, Higgins stays on the 3rd so there would be three balanced lines that can score and contribute on both sides of the ice

I'd like to give Raymond another chance (Yes, ANOTHER chance) on the 2nd line with Kesler. I prefer Higgins on the 3rd line but also because I'm just not ready to write Raymond off or forget about the fact that a couple seasons ago he scored 25 goals and 53 points with Kesler. Those two DID have chemistry.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Weise - Malhotra - Kassian

Archived