11 replies to this topic

#1 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Alright, so after these two trades, we'd have youth, veteran experience, skill and size to go along with it. The explanations beneath explain why I think these trades are fair value.

To VAN- Kadri,Gunnarsson, 2013 1st rd pick
To TOR-Luongo,Schroeder

To VAN- Tarosenko, Sobotka
To STL- Edler's Rights, Raymond

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kadri
Higgins-Tarosenko-Hansen
sobotka-Lapierre-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Gunnarson-Garrison
Tanev-K-Conn/Ballard/Alberts

The beauty about this line-up is that Kadri, and Tarosenko can both play RW/C so they can alternate. Between Burrows,Kadri,Tarosenko,Hansen, and Kassian we have 5 capable RW'ers to move around as AV sees fit. Not to mention Lapierre also can play the wing.

I think these trades are fair value for all 3 teams.

St.Louis: Loses a potential star-forward but gains a 50pt d-man to play with Pietriangelo. And it's not like St.Louis isn't a nice place to live, it's a great city. They would have the money, and the means to re-sign him when the time came.Raymond also gives them a speedy young forward. He is a risk, but he could become a 20g scorer again, especially while playing with bigger, stronger players in St.Louis who won't allow crap to happen after the whistles or cheap shots. Sobotka gives us a 4th line grinder who agitates and isn't afraid to drop the gloves/lay a hit even though he isn't that big.

Toronto: Gains a franchise goalie for years to come. Luongo actually plays best when he is under heavy-fire/lots of shots. This should fit perfectly with TO's run-and-gun style. Also, Gunnarson might fall down the depth chart with Rielly, and Blacker set to join the team soon, and the emergence of Gardiner. Burke loves American prospects and Schroeder should fit right into his system.

Vancouver: Loses a 50pt D-Man but gains an all-around good defenceman who doesn't make many mistakes and can fill big minutes that Edler would normally fill. We also gain 2 very skilled, young forwards who can contribute NOW. Not to mention a draft pick!
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#2 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

no idea why st louis would even do this considering Edlers comments and him being a pending UFA
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#3 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

no idea why st louis would even do this considering Edlers comments and him being a pending UFA

What comments? And yes, he is a pending UFA, but they have the money to throw at him, and living in St.Louis isn't exactly like living in Columbus.

Edited by Zoolander, 23 December 2012 - 08:58 PM.

My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#4 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

St-louis could just wait until the 1st july then have a shoot at signing Edler.

and Keep one of the best prospect of the league in the process.

Its surely better than acquiring Edler's right without any guarantee he would sign there.

Edited by palindrom, 23 December 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#5 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

St-louis could just wait until the 1st july then have a shoot at signing Edler.

and Keep one of the best prospect of the league in the process.

Its surely better than acquiring Edler's right without any guarantee he would sign there.

Conditions can be added.

And we would only make this deal (Atleast I would) If we were unable to sign Edler.

St.Louis would then have a better shot a signing him since they would have the cap space to accommodate the salary he would want in order to sign there (Whatever it would be)

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 23 December 2012 - 10:38 PM.

zackass.png

#6 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Tarasenko plays center now?
Posted Image

#7 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Isn't Tarasenko one of STL's most valued prospects? Why wouldn't they just take a chance and wait for July 1, rather than give up their top prospect? I also don't think they'd trade Sobotka, he's much like Hansen but with a little more upside imo.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#8 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

No idea why Vancouver gets Kadri in the package, instead of Bozak.
Posted Image

#9 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,939 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

No idea why Vancouver gets Kadri in the package, instead of Bozak.

Because Kadri is a former top 10 pick, skilled forward with high potential who has been treated like crap in Toronto, whereas Bozak is a UFA in seven months.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#10 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Tarasenko would be great, but Gunnarson is not a replacement for Edler. I could see it working if Ballard really was able to step into the top 4 role in Edler's place, but I don't see him returning to 20+ points anytime soon. He seems on track to improve his consistency and reliability, but little else, so we can't just lose Edler's 40-50 points and hope Gunnarson at ~20 points will fill the hole.

Now if Schultz had decided to come here, he could have partnered well with Garrison on the second pairing in the event we knew we weren't going to sign Edler. That would at least make a much more plausible offensive pairing, if still unproven long term at the pro level. But, since we probably are going to re-sign Edler, I think we'll keep him rather than trade him.

Edited by elvis15, 24 December 2012 - 02:50 AM.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#11 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

No way Tarasenko could replace Luongo
Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#12 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Having Tarasenko would be sick, but I can't see STL giving him up, and frankly, I find it hard to imagine MG trading for a Russian.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.