The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What the hell is wrong with people in America?

Primus099

Unfortunately, with the way this economy is and seeing as how last year I got laid off from a job I'd been working at since I was a junior in high school and now I'm on an unemployment check I don't see how moving is an option at this point in time, sir.

that's a bad excuse. When I first moved, I didn't have a place to move into... no bed.. only what I could fit into the bed of my pickup. When I finally did get a place (went into debt staying at a local motel that was a total hole in the wall) I slept on my clothes. After 2 years I moved again while making $180 a week (at the time) and spent my last dollar in moving.

Well, if we consider the subject of where this is going already.. the second amendment and the emphasis by the courts on keeping people armed, it looks to me like the values were not forgotten. This whole Roman Empire thing is both wishful thinking by those who don't like the way the US conducts itself (it's a rather disgusting thought process wishing for the fall of a country), and unsubstantiated hyperbole tying events that commonly happen in the US to some grand fall of an empire.

I'm so finished with arguing about guns in the US. The NRA and like minded folks don't care that children and firefighters get shot at and killed almost every week. It's more important that their 2nd ammendment rights are protected. That's just the price of their right to bear arms, and so be it. How do you reason with people like that?

Oh, sure, they'll say the right things about how horrible the shootings are; but they just use it to fear-monger and try to get MORE guns on the streets. Yes, because that's the answer! More guns will lower the gun mortality rate???

Before people jump all over me, I completely understand what the 2nd ammendment was for (protection against an oppressive government), and that it is a defined constitutional right in the US. I just believe that less guns or stricter controls on what can be owned would make that country a heck of a lot safer.

Not sure if the acts are media-driven? Or if these act happen all the time and the media is just playing it up because of Connecticut?

We cannot be made aware of all 12,000 gun-related deaths that happen in the US each year. But we sure can be made aware of a few NOW, after the Connecticut massacre, can't we?

Still... Firemen? wtf?

Before people jump all over me, I completely understand what the 2nd ammendment was for (protection against an oppressive government), and that it is a defined constitutional right in the US. I just believe that less guns or stricter controls on what can be owned would make that country a heck of a lot safer.

Not sure if the acts are media-driven? Or if these act happen all the time and the media is just playing it up because of Connecticut?

We cannot be made aware of all 12,000 gun-related deaths that happen in the US each year. But we sure can be made aware of a few NOW, after the Connecticut massacre, can't we?

Still... Firemen? wtf?

Still... Firemen? wtf?

I'm getting the feeling that the holiday is somewhat connected here. Going off the studies that suggest the perpetrators of such attacks feel deeply separated from society, then a holiday could in effect could make those same people hit their breaking point. A day that brings everyone closer together also pushes others further away. Watch out for New Years the way things are going.

I'm getting the feeling that the holiday is somewhat connected here. Going off the studies that suggest the perpetrators of such attacks feel deeply separated from society, then a holiday could in effect could make those same people hit their breaking point. A day that brings everyone closer together also pushes others further away. Watch out for New Years the way things are going.

Archived