Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 4 votes

Luongo should be traded

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

C'mon, who seriously gives up 8 goals in 1 game on a Stanley Cup finals? We should have won it, we were ahead 2-0 on a Best of 7 series. I think he also made a bad call by taunting Thomas.

Please stop making threads
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#32 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,431 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

I like chips and dip
Posted Image

#33 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Meh. If I had to pick an MVP from the Canucks that series, I would pick Luongo.

As bad as he was, he was still our best player that series.

Didn't Henrik have like 1 point that entire series?

Anyways, it's much easier to fault the goaltender than it is to fault the team. That is why you are wrong and your opinion is invalid. You just want a quick fix.

Couldn't agree with you more. The entire Canucks team was a mess and looked like they were from a lesser league playing the Bruins. Point a finger at Luongo, but the defense and the offense were beyond words terrible.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#34 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Old news, but it was our injured defense that lost the series.
Hamhuis injured, Rome suspended, Edler could hardly hold his stick, it sucks but the Bruins wore down our Defense.

Edited by rawkdrummer, 26 December 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#35 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,560 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Meh. If I had to pick an MVP from the Canucks that series, I would pick Luongo.

As bad as he was, he was still our best player that series.

Didn't Henrik have like 1 point that entire series?

Anyways, it's much easier to fault the goaltender than it is to fault the team. That is why you are wrong and your opinion is invalid. You just want a quick fix.

I wanted to make a similar post but you beat me to it by about 14 hours. Can you share some of those likes? B)
Posted Image

#36 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

He's okay, he chocked a little, forgive and forget, I have mixed feelings for him, sometimes I want him to stay sometimes I want to see him go for some better offensive talent.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#37 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Luongo has a history of choking in the most defining moments of his career, going back to his appearances in the Memorial Cup and World Juniors.

He has defined himself as a player who likes to stroke his own ego and chokes when the chips are down.

Agreed. Question; was it Lou who was in net for the embarrassing 6-3 loss to mighty Kazakhstan way back when in the WJC? I can find no info on that game anywhere. It's almost like all the info from that game has "dissappeared".

#38 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

He needs a change of scenery I suppose. Itd be very awkward if he plays back-up to Schnieder.

Im still pissed about how Marchand speed-bagged Daniel and nobody did anything about it.

what do you mean nobody did anything didn't Sedin get an un-sportsman penalty for not falling down...?
just look at the calls made in the series the nucks were not allowed to retaliate they would be the first ones out.
heck they got penalties for not retaliating ... it was a BS series. the refs and the league were against us.
ie the Rome hit, the Hit on Mayray, the marchand on sedin incident etc etc.

Edited by surtur, 26 December 2012 - 05:17 PM.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#39 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

He needs a change of scenery I suppose. Itd be very awkward if he plays back-up to Schnieder.

Im still pissed about how Marchand speed-bagged Daniel and nobody did anything about it.

Agreed

Edited by Navyblue, 26 December 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image

#40 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Boooettman!
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#41 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

derp
Posted Image

#42 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Agreed. Question; was it Lou who was in net for the embarrassing 6-3 loss to mighty Kazakhstan way back when in the WJC? I can find no info on that game anywhere. It's almost like all the info from that game has "dissappeared".

I could not find a game log for that game but Lou had a 0-2 record and a 3.85 (or something close to that) in gaa. It's a good chance it was him in net.

#43 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

sounds like someone (mr reputable) didn't appreciate the lump of coal he got for x mas

#44 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Mr reputable has a reputation of making the worst threads I have ever read. I can't believe this hasn't been locked. mods must be on x mas vacation.

#45 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah; the Canucks were a mess, no argument. Our best defensive forward was playing on one leg, our best defensive D man was knocked out hip checking Lucic. A lot of people were playing hurt, Samuelsson and Raymond were also knocked off our 2knd line but the Kesler / Hamhuis injuries were most influential. The Sedin's were forced into taking defensive draws against lines like Krecji instead of their normal offensive roles. We were running around because all the match ups as we would draw them were upside down.

At those moments you need a star to step up; call them moments of truth to pull the team out of the fire. At that time Lou was drawing $10 mill a year in salary, highest in the entire league. I think its fair to expect more out of him than Edler or Raffi Torres. The Twins are sublimely talented, but average athletes by NHL standards. With secondary match ups breaking down all over the ice, the bigger, badder Bruins nullified them. It was not going to be the Twins or the injured Kesler. Who else other than Lou would you expect to stay composed, put the team on his back and deliver ONE more win?

And make no mistake he did not. Lou amongst others was poor in game 7 and horrible in all the games in bean town. When we needed him most, he was whining that Thomas did not pump his tires. MVP of the series for us my butt!

Couldn't agree with you more. The entire Canucks team was a mess and looked like they were from a lesser league playing the Bruins. Point a finger at Luongo, but the defense and the offense were beyond words terrible.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 26 December 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#46 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,656 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

This is all I've been able to come up with about the game, can't find any stats on who was in net though. By the looks of it though, it was Luongo.

http://www.tsn.ca/wo...ature/?fid=3904

qrak1x.jpg

#47 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Mr reputable has a reputation of making the worst threads I have ever read. I can't believe this hasn't been locked. mods must be on x mas vacation.

Him and jeremy_cheung14
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#48 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

Why isn't this locked yet?

#49 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

It's easy to blame the goalie.

#50 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,134 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Can we start a new hate campaign? Luongo is getting boring. How about Billy Sweatt? His last name is gross, he's a republican, an Apple fanboy, and he didn't play very well in his few NHL games. TRADE SWEATT !1!!!1!111!!

So that's how scapegoats are decided. I suspected as much.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#51 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,942 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

I here the Leafs are offering Brit Selby and their backup zamboni.

#52 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

My problem with Luongo is his inconsistency in playoff series, he'll post a shutout one game and get beaten like a rented muel the next.
Many here will point the finger at the defense or the injuries or the refereeing, but in the 2011 Final, why was Luongo able to be so outstanding in 3 games and so much the polar opposite in the other 4?
AV is one source of Luongo's problem in my opinion. Before this past season Luongo pretty much dictated what games he played and when or if he got pulled out of a game if things went sideways. Luongo is the other source of his own problem, pressure filled games just seem to rattle his cage. It seems as though he cant be great or even good enough for more than 2 playoff games in a row.

#53 smokes

smokes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

C'mon, who seriously gives up 8 goals in 1 game on a Stanley Cup finals? We should have won it, we were ahead 2-0 on a Best of 7 series. I think he also made a bad call by taunting Thomas.

Did you see the game?
Did you see the series?
Are you telling me the fault is all on Luongo in that series?

So Mason Raymond getting injured.
Arron Rome getting suspended which single handly woke up a sleeping giant
Hamhuis (sp?) injured.
Sedins combining for like 3 points.
Burrows doing nothing but aggrivate the Bruins/
Kesler was injured.

Thomas was hot.
Chara and most of the team was pissed off from the cheap shot Rome did on Horton
Marchand had the series of his life.

How in the world can you fault Luongo on losing the Stanley Cup.
If it wasn't for him, we would not have gotten there in the first place.

#54 smokes

smokes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Wait...Trivia question for you...

Which goaltender beat out Martin Brodeur and helped win the gold medal for Canada in the last winter olympics?

#55 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

I here the Leafs are offering Brit Selby and their backup zamboni.

That's a mighty fine zamboni, it's something to consider. Are they paying shipping to Vancouver? We may be able to take TO's offer to Florida and try and get there best zamboni.

#56 smokes

smokes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

One reason I don't think Louie has been traded by now is because I think the Management knew there was going to be a long drawn out lockout and that even though Louie is on the roster, they do not have to pay him. Now aftter a year off the canucks now have another number one goaltenders to go to just in case Schnieder diminishes in his ability. due to rust.

#57 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

what do you mean nobody did anything didn't Sedin get an un-sportsman penalty for not falling down...?
just look at the calls made in the series the nucks were not allowed to retaliate they would be the first ones out.
heck they got penalties for not retaliating ... it was a BS series. the refs and the league were against us.
ie the Rome hit, the Hit on Mayray, the marchand on sedin incident etc etc.

Boston had 40 penalties (not including coincidental, fighting or 10 minute misconducts) to Vancouvers 34 (same parameters). Enough with the conspiracy theories, Vancouver did not show up. That is the only reason they did not win the cup.

#58 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,054 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

How can you be so wrong, and yet be right at the same time?

Posted Image

PBF131-Lord_Gloom.jpg?1361362669

#59 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Which goaltender beat out Martin Brodeur and helped win the gold medal for Canada in the last winter olympics?

This is such a weak argument used tirelessly by Lu lovers. Did you actually watch the Gold Medal game when everything was on the line? Luongo was described multiple times as appearing 'shakey' in goal and if if wasn't for the team playing solidly in front of him and limiting scoring chances it may have had a different outcome. I would say that Lu choked in that big game as well, he just had a better supporting cast to bail him out so it wasn't a blowout.

Here is the link to the whole game.

https://www.youtube....h?v=0mLPOsflZCE

Edited by CptCanuck16, 27 December 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#60 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

It was Luongo. We could have just as easily lost that game though if the OT went any longer.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.