The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo should be traded

RAMBUTANS

Yeah, yeah, yeah; the Canucks were a mess, no argument. Our best defensive forward was playing on one leg, our best defensive D man was knocked out hip checking Lucic. A lot of people were playing hurt, Samuelsson and Raymond were also knocked off our 2knd line but the Kesler / Hamhuis injuries were most influential. The Sedin's were forced into taking defensive draws against lines like Krecji instead of their normal offensive roles. We were running around because all the match ups as we would draw them were upside down.

At those moments you need a star to step up; call them moments of truth to pull the team out of the fire. At that time Lou was drawing $10 mill a year in salary, highest in the entire league. I think its fair to expect more out of him than Edler or Raffi Torres. The Twins are sublimely talented, but average athletes by NHL standards. With secondary match ups breaking down all over the ice, the bigger, badder Bruins nullified them. It was not going to be the Twins or the injured Kesler. Who else other than Lou would you expect to stay composed, put the team on his back and deliver ONE more win?

And make no mistake he did not. Lou amongst others was poor in game 7 and horrible in all the games in bean town. When we needed him most, he was whining that Thomas did not pump his tires. MVP of the series for us my butt!

Couldn't agree with you more. The entire Canucks team was a mess and looked like they were from a lesser league playing the Bruins. Point a finger at Luongo, but the defense and the offense were beyond words terrible.

Can we start a new hate campaign? Luongo is getting boring. How about Billy Sweatt? His last name is gross, he's a republican, an Apple fanboy, and he didn't play very well in his few NHL games. TRADE SWEATT !1!!!1!111!!

My problem with Luongo is his inconsistency in playoff series, he'll post a shutout one game and get beaten like a rented muel the next.

Many here will point the finger at the defense or the injuries or the refereeing, but in the 2011 Final, why was Luongo able to be so outstanding in 3 games and so much the polar opposite in the other 4?

AV is one source of Luongo's problem in my opinion. Before this past season Luongo pretty much dictated what games he played and when or if he got pulled out of a game if things went sideways. Luongo is the other source of his own problem, pressure filled games just seem to rattle his cage. It seems as though he cant be great or even good enough for more than 2 playoff games in a row.

One reason I don't think Louie has been traded by now is because I think the Management knew there was going to be a long drawn out lockout and that even though Louie is on the roster, they do not have to pay him. Now aftter a year off the canucks now have another number one goaltenders to go to just in case Schnieder diminishes in his ability. due to rust.

what do you mean nobody did anything didn't Sedin get an un-sportsman penalty for not falling down...?

just look at the calls made in the series the nucks were not allowed to retaliate they would be the first ones out.

heck they got penalties for not retaliating ... it was a BS series. the refs and the league were against us.

ie the Rome hit, the Hit on Mayray, the marchand on sedin incident etc etc.

Archived