The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo should be traded

RAMBUTANS

The team in front is equally to blame but Luongo pumped his own tires and is supposedly an "elite" goaltender. Elite players step it up when the going gets tough, they don't fold and come completely unhinged, as Luongo has done too many times to count.

I don't think Lu is arrogant but he definitely has a massive ego. Why else would he take the "C"? If you are a leader, you lead regardless of the accolades, you do it because that is what you do. Luongo taking the "C" was just a way for himself to pump his own tires some more. What did it lead to? Massive distraction, detrimental to the team and to Luongos game. The only thing Luongo should be worried about is keeping the puck out, that's it. He doesn't need to be chasing the ref around the ice and crusading for his teammates, he's the goalie.

5 years ago Luongo had huge potential, now he has proven what he is and is not capable of under pressure. Actually, if you look back all the way to the Memorial cup and WJC he was involved in, you can see his "potential" was over rated, as he has been second banana in just about every championship game or series he has played in, except for the Olympics,and he nearly blew that one too.

Bieksa was slashed behind the knee- like chopped down- by Boychuck and played injured with a bruised MCL.

No call.

Edler was slashed by a Bruin so hard he had two of his fingers broken.

No call.

We all know what happened to Rome and that joke of a call.

Hamhuis was out.

Ehrhoff was playing with an injured shoulder sustained in the round 2 or 3-nobody specified when or where.

Canucks D was taken out and D wins championships. How they did what they did with the d men they had is beyond me.

I like the move for Garrison because he has size and skill.If the Canucks are ever to get back near a final appearance they will need more Garrisons and fewer Raymonds and Tanevs.

Guys like Thomas,Boychuk,Chara and Marchand need their faces slapped silly on a regular basis.

Actually,they need to be chopped down and that is where the GM needs to get his act together and drop the Raymonds and Tanevs.Grit.All you can get.

Meh. If I had to pick an MVP from the Canucks that series, I would pick Luongo.

As bad as he was, he was still our best player that series.

Didn't Henrik have like 1 point that entire series?

Anyways, it's much easier to fault the goaltender than it is to fault the team. That is why you are wrong and your opinion is invalid. You just want a quick fix.

He certainly did and he was brilliant in doing so. This however also speaks volumes about his inconsistency issues, no one can be sure which Luongo will show up on a game to game basis in the playoffs. He either looks like a God between the pipes or a frightened little girl pissing her pants.

The entire team looks like frightened little girls pissing their pants sometimes. No Rome, no Hamhuis, no scoring, broken back in Raymond, Burrows finger biting, Kesler embellishing, bitch slapping of Daniel by a rookie without any immediate response... The whole series was a disaster and Luongo pulls out two shutouts. Who's to blame?

Well Luongo of course. It wouldn't be in Vancouver's fashion to think otherwise.

How about AV's philosophy of "making them pay on the power play"? What if there aren't any power plays to make them pay by? Which historically, is the case for playoff hockey.

Archived