The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Mason Raymond signs to play in Sweden

nas19ua

Why now?.. Man if I was him I would have been the first guy in Europe trying to get my game on track. Say what you want about the back injury but that's not an excuse to hurt your contending teams cup chances year after year. We need a guy that's going to get 50 points year and use his line mates. If that's mason, then great but if he's going to float the perimeter untill someone knocks him off the puck like last year, then we need to replace him.

Why would a guy in his position, on a team that is good enough to win the cup, wait untill the season ending deadline to sign in Europe? Especially when most of the Canucks aren't playing. He had a decent opportunity to be ready and lock down a roster spot. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose it to one of the wolves.

I'm not hating. I actually wish him luck and hope he succeeds but you can't help but scratch your head at him during this lockout.

Why now?.. Man if I was him I would have been the first guy in Europe trying to get my game on track. Say what you want about the back injury but that's not an excuse to hurt your contending teams cup chances year after year. We need a guy that's going to get 50 points year and use his line mates. If that's mason, then great but if he's going to float the perimeter untill someone knocks him off the puck like last year, then we need to replace him.

Why would a guy in his position, on a team that is good enough to win the cup, wait untill the season ending deadline to sign in Europe? Especially when most of the Canucks aren't playing. He had a decent opportunity to be ready and lock down a roster spot. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose it to one of the wolves.

I'm not hating. I actually wish him luck and hope he succeeds but you can't help but scratch your head at him during this lockout.

Agree. I think its great that he is going overseas, and I really hope he regains his form and can be a 20 goal scorer. However, of all the players on the Canucks, Raymond was most in need of a bounce-back year. Why wait this late, when the season is almost over in Sweden.

Archived