60 replies to this topic

#31 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,658 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Curious as to the upheaval that will be caused on all these teams when the NHL gets back to business.

'Business as usual.'
Posted Image

#32 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Maybe he can find a hot Swedish woman to help him strengthen his "core".

You know how they love their Meatballs ;). Seriously though, I know he has a loving family and good luck to him!

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#33 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

He will enjoy this experience

I hope so much so that he stays there

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 02 January 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#34 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Why now?.. Man if I was him I would have been the first guy in Europe trying to get my game on track. Say what you want about the back injury but that's not an excuse to hurt your contending teams cup chances year after year. We need a guy that's going to get 50 points year and use his line mates. If that's mason, then great but if he's going to float the perimeter untill someone knocks him off the puck like last year, then we need to replace him.

Why would a guy in his position, on a team that is good enough to win the cup, wait untill the season ending deadline to sign in Europe? Especially when most of the Canucks aren't playing. He had a decent opportunity to be ready and lock down a roster spot. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose it to one of the wolves.

I'm not hating. I actually wish him luck and hope he succeeds but you can't help but scratch your head at him during this lockout.

#35 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Why now?.. Man if I was him I would have been the first guy in Europe trying to get my game on track. Say what you want about the back injury but that's not an excuse to hurt your contending teams cup chances year after year. We need a guy that's going to get 50 points year and use his line mates. If that's mason, then great but if he's going to float the perimeter untill someone knocks him off the puck like last year, then we need to replace him.

Why would a guy in his position, on a team that is good enough to win the cup, wait untill the season ending deadline to sign in Europe? Especially when most of the Canucks aren't playing. He had a decent opportunity to be ready and lock down a roster spot. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose it to one of the wolves.

I'm not hating. I actually wish him luck and hope he succeeds but you can't help but scratch your head at him during this lockout.

Agree. I think its great that he is going overseas, and I really hope he regains his form and can be a 20 goal scorer. However, of all the players on the Canucks, Raymond was most in need of a bounce-back year. Why wait this late, when the season is almost over in Sweden.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#36 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Agree. I think its great that he is going overseas, and I really hope he regains his form and can be a 20 goal scorer. However, of all the players on the Canucks, Raymond was most in need of a bounce-back year. Why wait this late, when the season is almost over in Sweden.

Exactly. Wasn't he the guy that just recently had a kid? If so I can understand him taking some time off. Myself, I would have wanted to get in prime shape to have a hell of a bounceback half season and earn my family an extra million a year on my next contract.

#37 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

has he played a game yet or scored? we should be talking about that

#38 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

has he played a game yet or scored? we should be talking about that

Played yesterday. No points in a 4-3 loss. Was on the first line.

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

#39 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,946 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Mason Raymond scored a PP goal in his home debut for Örebro with a sweet shot: http://bit.ly/Ww9ZIr

307mg00.jpg

#40 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Mason Raymond scored a PP goal in his home debut for Írebro with a sweet shot: http://bit.ly/Ww9ZIr

The kids back in form everyone!!

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#41 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

The kids back in form everyone!!

Did you watch the video? Same old crap he does, skates around the outside of the rink gets into a bad position and awkwardly gives the puck to a teammate. He just happened to get lucky of a long shot that bounced off a body and in.

Overall I give it a 4/10 at least he scored...

Posted Image

#42 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Good thing he got all that playing experience in Sweden to ensure he'd be ready for the NHL season........ :rolleyes:

#43 hackamore

hackamore

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Did you watch the video? Same old crap he does, skates around the outside of the rink gets into a bad position and awkwardly gives the puck to a teammate. He just happened to get lucky of a long shot that bounced off a body and in.

Overall I give it a 4/10 at least he scored...

I know we are only supposed to post negative things about Raymond, so going against the flow I thought I would mention his second goal yesterday was a beauty. It was called a goal by ref on the ice, he took it to the net and put a backhand just under the cross bar, but it was waved off on video review because they said they could not see if the puck was all the way over the line. Everyone on the ice sure acted like it was a goal.

#44 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

so i assume he is on his way back now?
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#45 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

POPULAR

so i assume he is on his way back now?

Lets hope not.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#46 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Lets hope not.

Haha C'mon now. It's a new year, lets move on to someone else.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#47 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Haha C'mon now. It's a new year, lets move on to someone else.

Raymond should not be on our team. His cap hit is way too high for what he does and we have other better and more eager forwards that want to take his spot.

Posted Image

#48 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

what a bum, goes all the way to europe to play 1 game, maybe he squeezed a 2nd game in there-hilarious-not very professional.

#49 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,319 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

what a bum, goes all the way to europe to play 1 game, maybe he squeezed a 2nd game in there-hilarious-not very professional.

Just like Letang.

Subbancopy.jpg

#50 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I hope he stays there.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#51 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Raymond should not be on our team. His cap hit is way too high for what he does and we have other better and more eager forwards that want to take his spot.

Other better left wingers eager to take his spot? Like who? Darren Archibald? Haha or maybe Bill Sweat? Both combined have 18 (*Edit) 14 points... In the AHL. C'mon man, just wait and see how Raymond's proformance will be after recovering fully from a BROKEN BACK. Just relax haha

Edited by Bure fan, 07 January 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#52 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Other better left wingers eager to take his spot? Like who? Darren Archibald? Haha or maybe Bill Sweat? Both combined have 18 (*Edit) 14 points... In the AHL. C'mon man, just wait and see how Raymond's proformance will be after recovering fully from a BROKEN BACK. Just relax haha

He was garbage before he broke his back. And I was talking about Daniel Booth Higgins and Volpatti as left wingers, unless you want 5 hits a year mason raymond as your 4th line energy.

Posted Image

#53 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

He was garbage before he broke his back. And I was talking about Daniel Booth Higgins and Volpatti as left wingers, unless you want 5 hits a year mason raymond as your 4th line energy.

Raymond had 25 goals and 50 points one season, then 40 points the next season before his injury. Not to impressive or outstanding but its consistent numbers.
In regards to David Booth, he maybe labelled a Left winger but with the Canucks he often plays Right wing with Kesler right? I also feel that its better having Higgins on the 3rd line with Hansen which gives Vancouver a better 1,2,3 punch.

Theirs no other player that will fit better on the 2nd line left wing or 3rd line left wing perhaps if AV shuffles.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#54 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Raymond had 25 goals and 50 points one season, then 40 points the next season before his injury. Not to impressive or outstanding but its consistent numbers.
In regards to David Booth, he maybe labelled a Left winger but with the Canucks he often plays Right wing with Kesler right? I also feel that its better having Higgins on the 3rd line with Hansen which gives Vancouver a better 1,2,3 punch.

Theirs no other player that will fit better on the 2nd line left wing or 3rd line left wing perhaps if AV shuffles.

Booth did play majority right wing, but that is not his normal spot. He played there because higgins cant play right wing and they wanted all 3 on the same line. In the latter half of the season booth was majority left wing with burrows or hansen on the right of kesler.

Posted Image

#55 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Booth did play majority right wing, but that is not his normal spot. He played there because higgins cant play right wing and they wanted all 3 on the same line. In the latter half of the season booth was majority left wing with burrows or hansen on the right of kesler.

Oh yeah that's true. But, all we can do is talk about it right? Haha and have opinions. I just hope Raymond doesn't let me down because I personally want to see the kid flourish in Vancouver.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#56 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Edited by Bure fan, 07 January 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#57 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Triple post

Edited by Bure fan, 07 January 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#58 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Skilled triple post!

Posted Image

#59 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Is it possible for the Canucks to still lock Mason Raymond out??....
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#60 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I just hope Raymond doesn't let me down because I personally want to see the kid flourish in Vancouver.

Ha.......good luck with that.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.