The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you worried about the Canucks' future ?

RAMBUTANS

COilers have a crapload of premium prospects. Phlegms have Basrtschi and that American, Minny has Granlund and Coyle, Colorado has someone. The Canucks have nothing except Honzik and Labate.

Should get a top 5 pick in this year's draw and also trade Luo for a 1st rounder as well Ballard for NYIs 3rd and Grabner. Finally, try to get back Hodgson for Kassian, if possible.

COilers have a crapload of premium prospects. Phlegms have Basrtschi and that American, Minny has Granlund and Coyle, Colorado has someone. The Canucks have nothing except Honzik and Labate.

Should get a top 5 pick in this year's draw and also trade Luo for a 1st rounder as well Ballard for NYIs 3rd and Grabner. Finally, try to get back Hodgson for Kassian, if possible.

Too much egg nog for you!

Hodgson is an average Buffulo player and would be hard pressed to make the third line here. Kassien is here to stay and will make an amazing impact once the game starts up again.

The time off this fall will be good for the Canucks as they have played a whole lot more games in the last three years than most of the other teams. They will be charged up.

Now, if Bettman manages to completely destroy the NHL then I see a new league with fewer teams and a more exciting brand of hockey. It's watered down so much now that the game has become like a WWE freak show, good for Boston, Chicago etc but not good for the Canucks.

I think your concern is valid, but to bring back Hodgson and Grabner? Yeah too much egg nog.

Gillis needs to make a hard decision to keep the core, or look at doing a Flyers type on the fly rebuild. There will be a point in the next few seasons (and a lot depends on what the league looks like with the CBA) where we might be at that point. You don't want to get to a point like Calgary, where you keep your core and spin your wheels and miss the playoffs or get booted in the first round.

We should get something decent for Luongo. It may not be the high end prospect people are hoping for. Gillis seems to be improving in his drafting. The only decent part of losing a season would be to luck out and get the first overall pick.

Until hockey comes back and we know when, and how the team is playing we really don't know.

I don't see any reason to believe that the Sedins should decline sharply they play a sustainable style of hockey that has allowed them to have great ironman streaks. They have never been the fastest players on the ice or hitters I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be effective well into their late thirties. I don't believe our window is closing as quickly as some alamist's. We have some great potential 2nd and third liners in our system coming up so I don't believe we have seen the best team the Canucks will ice in the Sedin era yet.

Jensen, Corrado, and Gaunce will be stars.

In NHL13, Gaunce is always drafted in the top 5... is that a sign? :bigblush:

I think Kassian is playing well cause he's being physical and still putting up points.

I thought Schroeder & Mallet would be putting up more points, and that Lack would be more consistent.

The Ballard trade for the 1st round pick wasn't very good. We barely play him, Oreskovich just wasnt good, and we could've gotten Quinton Howden (who had 65 points in 52 games).

Hopefully Kassian's gonna live up to what everyone hopes he can be so that he can show that the Hodgson trade was worth it.

Shouldnt have traded Grabner & given him more of a chance cause look at him now!

Trade Luongo for a high-mid first round pick & draft a big scorer.

Everybody knows that the Canucks have one of the worst prospect pools in the league. Our best prospects are Kassian, Jensen, and Corrado,...hardly something to be proud of.

* We have been pretty solid in being able to draft players that have decent potential (Connauton, Schroeder, Gaunce, etc.). Definitely not bonafide studs but players that could be useful in the long-term. Teams that tank (Edmonton) will be guaranteed franchise players.

It's also expected that we our depth chart is shat given we have been one of the league's premier teams since the lockout.

Our division prospect ranking compared to the league:

Edmonton (top 5)

Minnesota (top 5)

Colorado (top 12)

Calgary (top 20)

Vancouver (bottom 5)

Archived