The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you worried about the Canucks' future ?

RAMBUTANS

Derp is actually referring to somebody as being stupid as in denigrating them.

Derp is an expression sometimes used online to signify stupidity....

"Crap","Superior","Allegations"......You have overdone yourself.

I think you should just stick with calling other people stupid and call it a day and a year.

Might want to work on that selective memory process you have going for yourself in the new year.

"The point you are trying to make is that Gillis gave up something to get Gragnani, and in the end had nothing, ergo Gillis is a failure, right?" regards,G

You write novels and are a slow learner but painfully,eventually you get around to making a point.

Gillis can hardly be termed a failure but if that is your take,so be it.

I do agree the Gillis.org received eventually nothing in exchange for two NHL players,both still on active rosters.

Hardly the stuff of legends.

He played better last season? Huh?

2010-11: 65 GP, 2 G, 7 P, 53 PIM, +10

2011-12: 47 GP, 1 G, 7 P, 64 PIM, 0

I see an equal number of points, more PIMs, and a worse +/- rating. Where is the improvement? Less healthy scratchings?

Amazing that you can say what you're saying with a presumed straight face.

Even if Mike Gillis would've waived Michael Grabner, that would've been a mistake. Canucks' scouting & development staff have never exactly been accused of being the smartest guys in the room, any room, but Grabner was the fastest skater in the entire NHL, produced heavily in the AHL, and even was mostly very impressive during his 20-game stint with the Canucks prior to being traded. So I'm not sure what more evidence they would've needed before giving him more of a leash. Trading him was a mistake, as would've been giving up on him via waivers. Either way, an obvious mistake. Don't tell me that a guy who went on to score 34 goals in the NHL that same year "isn't good enough" for the Canucks, because that is a bunch of bollocks.

Not selective at all - I very clearly remember your repeated references to posters you were belittling as "7-11" employees.

And yet you hate the big bad owners and evil management.

One minute you're a class snob, the next you're spouting working class ideology.

Whatever nit.

Happy new year.

"The point you are trying to make is that Gillis gave up something to get Gragnani, and in the end had nothing, ergo Gillis is a failure, right?" regards,G

You write novels and are a slow learner but painfully,eventually you get around to making a point.

Gillis can hardly be termed a failure but if that is your take,so be it.

I do agree the Gillis.org received eventually nothing in exchange for two NHL players,both still on active rosters.

Hardly the stuff of legends.

We're in trouble after about 5 years once the Sedins are done. Kesler will most likely retire around the same time as the Sedins due to his physical deterioration and the twins' excellent conditioning, leaving us with Gaunce and Schroeder as our only real centers.

Canuck management are going to have to find centers or draft them heavily because after losing Hodgson, we really lack a premium centerman and it'll be hard to replace two of the best this franchise has ever seen.

Also, if we lose Edler this team is finished. We have Tanev and Connautan coming up on defence and they are far from super stars (unlike Edler who is soon to break into the top-10 if not higher). Once Bieksa and Hamhuis retire in about 5 years we're in big trouble, and because we rarely draft defencemen now we'll have to look into free agency to fix that huge hole.

In goal we seem to be set for a while. Schneider should have a decent 5 years and we have Lack and Climie playing reasonably well (although nowhere near as good as Lu-Schneids) so that won't be our biggest problem.

So yes, the Canucks are screwed. All we have going for us in the future are Jensen, Hansen, Kassian, Schroeder, Tanev and Schneider, and these guys hardly compare with the likes of Eberle, Schultz, RNH, Hall, Granlund, Baertschi etc. Hopefully our goaltending will be good enough to carry us in about 5 years, because it's the one thing we'll have over our division rivals.

Archived