Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMBUTANS

Are you worried about the Canucks' future ?

236 posts in this topic

As far as the Canucks future goes, yes I am worried if they continue keeping AV as a coach. I believe this team will just continue to fail and not be pushed to their max, for offensive reasons. AV is a type of coach who deserves to be on a team that isn't as skilled offensively, so they can play a more defensive trap type of game to compete, that's the type of coach he is, and last time I checked Canucks aren't that team they are a very skilled team with tons of offensive power that is being limited because of the coaching style and I don't believe the Canucks will ever win a cup with AV behind the bench. Hate on me all you want, my message and opinions on AV haven't changed since the day he arrived here in Vancouver, the only reason he won the Jack Adams award in his first year here is because the Canucks brought in Luongo who was one of the top goalies in the league at that time. The amount of shots Luongo faced every game in and out, because of AV wanting to play a more defensive style game showed how good Luongo was to help the Canucks win so many games, it wasn't AV and his coaching it was all Luongo.

But in the end I think I am more worried about the actual game then the Vancouver Canucks, until a CBA is reached that has me more worried then the Canucks, because with no CBA there is no Canucks anyways.

Regards to OP, yes the Canucks prospects are no good lol, I don't care if Kassian will maybe hit a few more guys then Hodgson, the fact that Hodgson will produce more points and also be able to make players around him better then Kassian will ever be able to, is one of the most head scratcher trades that MG made. I also think they gave up on Grabner way to quick he would of been a way better option then Raymond given Grabner some more NHL experience. As for Jordan Schroeder don't get me wrong the guy has talent, but he just doesn't have the size to become you know that superstar type of player, he will be a Jeff Tambellini.

Can the mods just ban King of the ES very annoying and clearly not a canucks fan but a troll just to piss off everyone! the new Shawn Rocket

Yeah, because 34-goal scoring Calder nominees that win the fastest skater in the NHL are in far too great of abundance down in Chicago.

Very expendable.

As far as the Canucks future goes, yes I am worried if they continue keeping AV as a coach. I believe this team will just continue to fail and not be pushed to their max, for offensive reasons. AV is a type of coach who deserves to be on a team that isn't as skilled offensively, so they can play a more defensive trap type of game to compete, that's the type of coach he is, and last time I checked Canucks aren't that team they are a very skilled team with tons of offensive power that is being limited because of the coaching style and I don't believe the Canucks will ever win a cup with AV behind the bench. Hate on me all you want, my message and opinions on AV haven't changed since the day he arrived here in Vancouver, the only reason he won the Jack Adams award in his first year here is because the Canucks brought in Luongo who was one of the top goalies in the league at that time. The amount of shots Luongo faced every game in and out, because of AV wanting to play a more defensive style game showed how good Luongo was to help the Canucks win so many games, it wasn't AV and his coaching it was all Luongo.

But in the end I think I am more worried about the actual game then the Vancouver Canucks, until a CBA is reached that has me more worried then the Canucks, because with no CBA there is no Canucks anyways.

Regards to OP, yes the Canucks prospects are no good lol, I don't care if Kassian will maybe hit a few more guys then Hodgson, the fact that Hodgson will produce more points and also be able to make players around him better then Kassian will ever be able to, is one of the most head scratcher trades that MG made. I also think they gave up on Grabner way to quick he would of been a way better option then Raymond given Grabner some more NHL experience. As for Jordan Schroeder don't get me wrong the guy has talent, but he just doesn't have the size to become you know that superstar type of player, he will be a Jeff Tambellini.

Actually he was a rookie who hadn't cracked the line-up consistently yet alone put together any impressive complete seasons.

Nice try using hindsight. Classic. You obviously don't understand why the deal was made & what our team was like back then so I don't know why you keep harping on the deal.

Dude, he's trolling you. Stop encouraging him. He'll get bored and stop with this nonsense once he no longer gets a response. He just digs up stats then selectively interprets them. It's juvenile and transparent, but then I imagine that so is he if this is his favourite pasttime.

Good point.

I just like trapping him into a corner with things he can't prove with statistics or by using hindsight and seeing how outrageous his response is.

He played better last season? Huh?

2010-11: 65 GP, 2 G, 7 P, 53 PIM, +10

2011-12: 47 GP, 1 G, 7 P, 64 PIM, 0

I see an equal number of points, more PIMs, and a worse +/- rating. Where is the improvement? Less healthy scratchings?

Amazing that you can say what you're saying with a presumed straight face.

Even if Mike Gillis would've waived Michael Grabner, that would've been a mistake. Canucks' scouting & development staff have never exactly been accused of being the smartest guys in the room, any room, but Grabner was the fastest skater in the entire NHL, produced heavily in the AHL, and even was mostly very impressive during his 20-game stint with the Canucks prior to being traded. So I'm not sure what more evidence they would've needed before giving him more of a leash. Trading him was a mistake, as would've been giving up on him via waivers. Either way, an obvious mistake. Don't tell me that a guy who went on to score 34 goals in the NHL that same year "isn't good enough" for the Canucks, because that is a bunch of bollocks.

And the extra $75,000 between Sulzer and Gragnani did nearly break the bank..., however, I was making a reference to guys like Joslin or Mullen who were signed on as depth d-men for at $700,000 and $600,000 to play in Chicago.

``Again like I just said above to Nuck, consider where Grabs would have been on our team. In the minors most likely. which means waivers, which means we lose him.

He wasn't going to be out Raymond, Samuelsson, Burrows, or Daniel for top 6 spots, we made an effort to get gritter on the third line (Which paid off as that line was amazing) So Grabner wouldn't have fit in their either. So where we he have been on our roster?

It was an expendable asset that we didn't need, and we used it to fill a dire need, that is something you clearly don't understand.``Smasshian Kassian

Right,the d man we never use and everybody wants to trade.That dire need.

Raymond-flying all over the ice doing little.

Sammuelsson-gone.

/user/64077-nuck-nit/">nuck nit

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

That is the 3.175 million dollars more in salary he will make in 2013,compared to sitting in front of a computer hacking an NHLer from your job at 7/11.

Yeah, because 34-goal scoring Calder nominees that win the fastest skater in the NHL are in far too great of abundance down in Chicago.

Very expendable.

``Again like I just said above to Nuck, consider where Grabs would have been on our team. In the minors most likely. which means waivers, which means we lose him.

He wasn't going to be out Raymond, Samuelsson, Burrows, or Daniel for top 6 spots, we made an effort to get gritter on the third line (Which paid off as that line was amazing) So Grabner wouldn't have fit in their either. So where we he have been on our roster?

It was an expendable asset that we didn't need, and we used it to fill a dire need, that is something you clearly don't understand.``Smasshian Kassian

Sammuelsson-gone.

Our future prospect Joe Colbourne had a goal and two assists today. ::D

Sammuelsson-gone.

At the time Michael "I take the summer off" Grabner was traded.....

ENTIRE TOP SIX (including Raymond) COMING OFF A CAREER YEAR.

Only an idiot would move a proven top 6 veteran coming off a career year to make room for an unproven waiver eligible rookie who couldn't be bothered to show up to camp in shape for four years.

Why would i be worried about the canucks future when gillis is gm? are you serious? and calm down

Why would i be worried about the canucks future when gillis is gm? are you serious? and calm down