The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you worried about the Canucks' future ?

RAMBUTANS

A clue to CDCers: if a thread is complaining about the Canucks' past decisions or worrying about the future, it is only worth responding to if it was not created by Mr Reputable, King of the ES or nuck nit. These three are likely high schoolers with little else to do and so create the same threads with the same messages over and over. Save yourselves and resist temptation to respond to their nonsense.

Nateb,you are so cutting in an incorrect way.

The only time I make a topic is if it is factual,based on something with meaning.

Save yourself the temptation to pretend to be smart or a backhander and stick to basics,like truth and reality.

I would say the only reason you create your direct hate posts is you are having some problems responding.

That is good,because at least here on CDC, posters such as myself will actually challenge you when you are immature,ignorant and spiteful.

Use your God given brain and stop complaining about your lack of understanding.

You're right in that they're not comparable. My reference to "Linden/Bure" was the fact that they were franchise players, something that I think Cody's in the mold of (popular sentiment around this site, as well, until, of course, he was traded). A lot of people referred to Cody as "The Next Linden" of this organization, which was my point. I'm not comparing their production.

You do bring up a very interesting thought, though. Where would we be if Cody did make the team in '08? I recall him being pretty close to accomplishing that. That event taking place would've seriously altered this team's course. 2008 basically marked the emergence of both Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows. Interesting to think of what may have happened had Hodgson been on the team from the start.

You're right in that they're not comparable. My reference to "Linden/Bure" was the fact that they were franchise players, something that I think Cody's in the mold of (popular sentiment around this site, as well, until, of course, he was traded). A lot of people referred to Cody as "The Next Linden" of this organization, which was my point. I'm not comparing their production.

You do bring up a very interesting thought, though. Where would we be if Cody did make the team in '08? I recall him being pretty close to accomplishing that. That event taking place would've seriously altered this team's course. 2008 basically marked the emergence of both Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows. Interesting to think of what may have happened had Hodgson been on the team from the start.

Out of all the Canadian teams,no other Canadian team have positioned themselves as well in the regular season and thus,the playoffs.

I am not going to make the effort for your rant but I would bet money on the overwhelming majority of these WJ players being draft picks.

So,enjoy the World Juniors.It is not the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Canadian teams that have made the Stanley Cup playoffs:

2012:

VANCOUVER 1st in the West and 1st in the NHL.

Ottawa-eight and last in the East.

2011:

VANCOUVER-1st in the West and 1st in the NHL

No other Canadian teams in the East or West made the playoffs.

2010:

Vancouver were the NW Divisional Champions and finished 3rd in the Western Conference.

Montreal finished last in the Eastern Conference.

2009:

Again,VANCOUVER were the NW Divisional Champions and finished 3rd in the Western Conference.

Again ,Montreal finished last in the Eastern Conference.

I hope Mr. Reputable reads the pathetic part that follows:

It’s truly pathetic. Two Canadian teams finished in the bottom five, out of 30, three years in a row. The worst indignity – the Montreal Canadiens, Les Glorieux, ended this season in third-last place.

No Canadian-based team has won the Stanley Cup since Montreal won in 1993.

Then there are the Toronto Maple Leafs – the only team in the NHL not to make the playoffs even once since the lockout of 2004-05. Every season a lost season.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/editorials/no-more-excuses-why-do-canadian-hockey-teams-keep-missing-the-nhl-playoffs/article4099358/?service=mobile

Nateb,you are so cutting in an incorrect way.

The only time I make a topic is if it is factual,based on something with meaning.

Save yourself the temptation to pretend to be smart or a backhander and stick to basics,like truth and reality.

I would say the only reason you create your direct hate posts is you are having some problems responding.

That is good,because at least here on CDC, posters such as myself will actually challenge you when you are immature,ignorant and spiteful.

Use your God given brain and stop complaining about your lack of understanding.

For all your reporting of other people's posts, how many have actually been deleted? My count thus far is none which implies that calling a spade a spade without succumbing to vulgarity is perfectly acceptable. Meanwhile how many banned accounts were under the ownership of you and your two virtual mates? It would seem that the admins have far more issue with your consistent trolling and immaturity than my honesty.

We're in trouble after about 5 years once the Sedins are done. Kesler will most likely retire around the same time as the Sedins due to his physical deterioration and the twins' excellent conditioning, leaving us with Gaunce and Schroeder as our only real centers.

Canuck management are going to have to find centers or draft them heavily because after losing Hodgson, we really lack a premium centerman and it'll be hard to replace two of the best this franchise has ever seen.

Also, if we lose Edler this team is finished. We have Tanev and Connautan coming up on defence and they are far from super stars (unlike Edler who is soon to break into the top-10 if not higher). Once Bieksa and Hamhuis retire in about 5 years we're in big trouble, and because we rarely draft defencemen now we'll have to look into free agency to fix that huge hole.

In goal we seem to be set for a while. Schneider should have a decent 5 years and we have Lack and Climie playing reasonably well (although nowhere near as good as Lu-Schneids) so that won't be our biggest problem.

So yes, the Canucks are screwed. All we have going for us in the future are Jensen, Hansen, Kassian, Schroeder, Tanev and Schneider, and these guys hardly compare with the likes of Eberle, Schultz, RNH, Hall, Granlund, Baertschi etc. Hopefully our goaltending will be good enough to carry us in about 5 years, because it's the one thing we'll have over our division rivals.

Other teams can say the same, for example, Murray is injured, if he's not. That extra D spot is unavailable. The simple fact is that this year, out 30 teams, it's only the Canucks who doesn't have prospects in the World Jr. It's totally acceptable if they have been Cup champs for any of the past several years, unfortunately they're not. How come LA, Boston and Chicago have prospects there?

We're in trouble after about 5 years once the Sedins are done. Kesler will most likely retire around the same time as the Sedins due to his physical deterioration and the twins' excellent conditioning, leaving us with Gaunce and Schroeder as our only real centers.

Canuck management are going to have to find centers or draft them heavily because after losing Hodgson, we really lack a premium centerman and it'll be hard to replace two of the best this franchise has ever seen.

Also, if we lose Edler this team is finished. We have Tanev and Connautan coming up on defence and they are far from super stars (unlike Edler who is soon to break into the top-10 if not higher). Once Bieksa and Hamhuis retire in about 5 years we're in big trouble, and because we rarely draft defencemen now we'll have to look into free agency to fix that huge hole.

In goal we seem to be set for a while. Schneider should have a decent 5 years and we have Lack and Climie playing reasonably well (although nowhere near as good as Lu-Schneids) so that won't be our biggest problem.

So yes, the Canucks are screwed. All we have going for us in the future are Jensen, Hansen, Kassian, Schroeder, Tanev and Schneider, and these guys hardly compare with the likes of Eberle, Schultz, RNH, Hall, Granlund, Baertschi etc. Hopefully our goaltending will be good enough to carry us in about 5 years, because it's the one thing we'll have over our division rivals.

I like Corrado but Reinhart is at the WJC tourament because he belongs there.

“It’s a wonderful feeling to have as a coach, that when Griffin Reinhart is out on the ice ... you know he’s going to be safe, he’s going to be steady, efficient,” Spott said. “And I think the word ‘efficient’ is the one that most describes him. He just slows the game down, he keeps it simple.

“He’s never in bad defensive posture and he just understands the game at an elite level. A lot of that is bloodlines, but obviously, he’s had great coaching in Edmonton.”

Archived