The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you worried about the Canucks' future ?

RAMBUTANS

I don't see the exchange of Bernier for Oreskovich as being any different than the exchange of Sulzer for Gragnani. The Canucks knew what they had in Sulzer (and I liked him as an AHL'er or call up option), but figured he wasn't going to be that essential a piece to the team's future, so why not move him for an opportunity to take a better look at Gragnani, who had the potential to be useful in filling a team need? If he didn't work out, fine, he could walk and nothing was lost.

Last time I looked, neither Bernier or Sulzer were that important to the Canucks' franchise during their time here, and were replaced by guys who could perform in a similar manner to these guys, and at a cheaper price. If they were not dealt they may likely have been allowed to walk when their contracts expired, or are you suggesting that these guys would have made all the difference in the Canucks' latest playoff experience?

regards,

G.

"Last time I looked, neither Bernier or Sulzer were that important to the Canucks' franchise during their time here, and were replaced by guys who COULD PERFORM IN A SIMLAR MANNER to these guys, and at a cheaper price. .....or are you suggesting that these guys would have made all the difference in the Canucks' latest playoff experience?" regards,G

Sulzer-Buffalo Sabres-15gp 3g,5a

Gragnani-With no intention of re-singing Gragnani the Canucks unsuccessfully attempted to trade him at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Unable to move Gragnani Vancouver chose not to give him a qualifying offer.

Gragnani joins Hurricanes for $800,000.00.

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2012-07-11/article-3028791/Gragnani-joins-Hurricanes/1

Sulzer re-signed by Sabres for $725,000.00.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2012/05/sabres-re-sign-sulzer-to-one-year-deal.html

Bernier-played with NJ Devils,participating in the 2012 Stanley Cup Final.

Oreskovich-Disappeared off the hockey map.

Personally,I don't like seeing other posters being called a "derp" just because they have a point of view that some other super fan thinks is superior to others - or mine.

Anybody should be able to express their opinions here without being negatively labelled to suit some superior poster's opinions of him or her self.

Archived