The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you worried about the Canucks' future ?

RAMBUTANS

Shut the troll who has more posts than you because his opinion is that the Canucks has lesser skilled prospects than any of the teams in their division? Are you the NRA or from communist China?

Prove me wrong then, prove that any of the NW division team pool of prospects are inferior to us. OK, that's right. Go sit down.

Shut the troll who has more posts than you because his opinion is that the Canucks has lesser skilled prospects than any of the teams in their division? Are you the NRA or from communist China?

Prove me wrong then, prove that any of the NW division team pool of prospects are inferior to us. OK, that's right. Go sit down.

Jensen, Corrado, and Gaunce will be stars.

In NHL13, Gaunce is always drafted in the top 5... is that a sign? :bigblush:

I think Kassian is playing well cause he's being physical and still putting up points.

I thought Schroeder & Mallet would be putting up more points, and that Lack would be more consistent.

The Ballard trade for the 1st round pick wasn't very good. We barely play him, Oreskovich just wasnt good, and we could've gotten Quinton Howden (who had 65 points in 52 games).

Hopefully Kassian's gonna live up to what everyone hopes he can be so that he can show that the Hodgson trade was worth it.

Shouldnt have traded Grabner & given him more of a chance cause look at him now!

Trade Luongo for a high-mid first round pick & draft a big scorer.

It could easily be argued that Gillis has been hard at doing exactly that, just without telling the public?

No question MG traded Samuelsson and Hodgson for the best assets he thought he could get, instead of players who could help us win now!

As we have lost key pieces Malhotra (effectively), Torres, Erhoff, were poised to loose Samuelsson, wanted to move Hodgson and appear will also loose Edler, Lou and Raymond; I believe MG did not believe he could hold it all together. He over paid Lou, and collected guys like LW Booth and now LD Garrison (even though we are strong at both positions) hopefully so we could make successive moves that re-build the balance we once had!

How else do you explain trading CoHo for a non roster player???

Gillis needs to make a hard decision to keep the core, or look at doing a Flyers type on the fly rebuild.

I personally think that the canucks have made some great moves (higgins,lapierre) and some poor moves (letting torres go, and ballard) I think Kassian deserves one more chance. However i think gillis really knows what he is doing after all he did win gm of the year once, and living in MTL u realize how bad a gm really is when u go through bob gainey and pierre the retard gauthier (who is now in chicago), u also have no idea how much better vigneault is then Jaques dumb ass Martin. So i dont see anything to complain about I think this team is a cup contender and will always be one as long as gillis and av are here.

I don't see any reason to believe that the Sedins should decline sharply they play a sustainable style of hockey that has allowed them to have great ironman streaks. They have never been the fastest players on the ice or hitters I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be effective well into their late thirties. I don't believe our window is closing as quickly as some alamist's. We have some great potential 2nd and third liners in our system coming up so I don't believe we have seen the best team the Canucks will ice in the Sedin era yet.

Bro are you frickin kidding me vancouver is in top 5 of league every yr and are trying to win the cup. Are u trying to say are only prospects are honzik and labate thats retarded. Are you in elementary school or handicapped.

heres a list of Canucks prospects that are decent.

1. kassian in 2 yrs might be bertuziesque

2. schroeder is small but not to bad similar comparisons to parise , maybe he will get a call up this yr and we'll find out

i wish mg would pick bigger players but Jordan might end up being ok.

3. Connauton has a nice shot could be a pp qb still to early to tell canucks have a good team but this yr we might have a few call ups to see how these players are in nhl

4. Corrado a 150 overal steal of a pick hes a stud big 6'2 208 solid 2-way dman my fav prospect on our team.

5. Gaunce is injured but is big and could be a good 3rd line centre plus has familiy in nhl

6. Sauve hes been our best dman on wolves this yr and he was solid in his games on canu ks 2 yrs ago look for him getting a call up if theres a season this yr.

7. Lack one of top 5 goalies in ahl last yr he will be a starter in nhl in 2 yrs nice to have 3 really good nhl calibre goalies on team. when bobby luo is traded we might get a 1st rounder and more prospects.

Canucks have never finish at bottom of league for yrs, of course oilers are gonna have top notch prospects they will be lucky to make playoffs this yr if theres a season. They still dont have a great goalie and there defense is still crap. Everyone is loving Schultz in ahl but nhl is 5 times faster,stronger. Hes only 170 pounds he will get crushed in nhl soo ya look for oilers to get another top6 pick next draft or at least top 12. Edmonton will be a scary team in 4 yrs when all these young guns are entering their prime. At that point tho who knows if coilers will be able to afford all their contracts at that point. :bigblush: hopefully vancouver can steal a few of them at that point.

Archived