The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How can the NHL win you back?

PlayStation

I don't think the NHL can ever fully win me back. They've left a permanent scar on me that cuts deep. The only real thing that would get my hopes up would be to fire Bettman, Daley, and the entire NHL old boys club front office (which will never happen) The NHL is in a major funk under this leadership and if the interaction of Jeremy Jacobs during this lockout doesn't convince you the NHL in the very least had a "bias" for the Bruins winning the cup in 2011 I don't know what will. No one will ever convince me that the NHL doesn't have an agenda/bias for certain teams south of the boarder winning at all cost. My second biggest pet peeve is the lack of scoring and lacrosse size goaltenders.Drastically shrink the goalie equipment or increase the size of the nets. Something to increase scoring. Last years second half of the season and playoffs proved that the dead puck clutch and grab era is definitely back.

But yeah, whether or not the season gets saved this year or not it doesn't really matter to me anymore. I would almost relish watching the league slowly crumble at the hands of the greedy parties involved.

That LeBrun article is far-fetched IMO.

Not much they can do to win me back. I'll still watch games on TV and frequent this site but other than that, I won't be supporting this league for a while...bunch of greedy bastards who obviously don't care AT ALL about their customers.

I don't think the NHL can ever fully win me back. They've left a permanent scar on me that cuts deep. The only real thing that would get my hopes up would be to fire Bettman, Daley, and the entire NHL old boys club front office (which will never happen) The NHL is in a major funk under this leadership and if the interaction of Jeremy Jacobs during this lockout doesn't convince you the NHL in the very least had a "bias" for the Bruins winning the cup in 2011 I don't know what will. No one will ever convince me that the NHL doesn't have an agenda/bias for certain teams south of the boarder winning at all cost. My second biggest pet peeve is the lack of scoring and lacrosse size goaltenders.Drastically shrink the goalie equipment or increase the size of the nets. Something to increase scoring. Last years second half of the season and playoffs proved that the dead puck clutch and grab era is definitely back.

But yeah, whether or not the season gets saved this year or not it doesn't really matter to me anymore. I would almost relish watching the league slowly crumble at the hands of the greedy parties involved.

Wow, did the NHL pay LeBrun to pen a "Red Herring" article?

This thing is FULL of who-cares proposals.

First. no ticket price drop? strike three on the first pitch. That was easy.

But for the sake of arguement lets look at the rest of this mess.

1. no brainer, but not enough, too many games I don't care about.

2.Bigger no brainer, this should never have been on the table, (remember lst year it was supposed to be a barganing chip) it has not even come up yet.

3. No, less gimmicks not more

4. No, not more games for stars mid-season, I don't like the Allstar game or the Olympics

5. No, see 3 above^^ , I could write a whole article about lame rules that need changing, wrong direction all together

6. Don't care

7. "

8. "

9. that would be good

10. how is a 20 year deal with 4 negotiation windows any better than stiking every 7 years? they both need to "Show" the fans they have grown up and can negotiate.

Nice try Pierre, thats 1 yes, 2 no-brainers, 3 nos, 4 Don't cares and a partridge in a pear tree

• Fire Bettman and Daley

• Enforce the rule book properly (no more "game management")

• Make NHL refs accountable. Fire the numerous incompetent ones.

• Lifetime ban for chronic dirty play ie. Marchand

• Like the idea for World Cup/Olympics

• No shootouts. I don't care what alternative they use,but get rid of them.

• Instant replay brought in. Allow coaches to appeal penalties.

NHL or its major sponsors will not see a penny from me until ALL the first 4 come to pass. This includes watching games on TV (there are alternatives).

Phoenix Coyotes, Florida Panthers, and Tampa Bay lightning.

**New Promotion**

Free season tickets

Free Food

Free Beer

$1.50 for parking.

Only 18000 available.

First 1000 receive 24 hour access to arena facilities and V.I.P treatment.

First 20 receive a split of Vincent Lecavalier or Brian Campbell or Shane Doan's salary.

Canucks fans move to Phoenix, Florida, and Tampa Bay.

Archived