The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks should make preparations for Connor Mcdavid

RAMBUTANS

Dubbed as the next big thing since Crosby, the Canucks will have to do everything they can to get this guy to continue what the twins have started, dominance of the NHL.

Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide solutions/recommendations.

If we are lucky enough, we may be able to snag Mcdavid and add him to our revitalization of prospects. By 2015, when Connor is eligible, Mackinnon and Jones are ready (see other thread on my take on how to get the 2).

OK, to be able to get the 1st overall in 2015, its either we tank, which wont happen, so the next thing to do is trade assets.

By 2015, if we havent won the cup, it means the window is closed. Therefore, I suggest we use the twins and a prospect like Jensen to get that no. 1 pick. I know its a bold move but if you really think about it, it really makes sense. Hopefully, if we pull the trigger on this, we already won the Cup in 2013 or 2014 or both.

Thoughts?

Lol no way a bottem feeding team who finishes last will give up a first overall pick for a couple seasons of the twins who would be already starting to decline when they would much rather have a potential future franchise superstar for 15+ seasons if he chooses to stay.

Even the Sedins for Crosby straight up would be declined by the Penguins.

Dubbed as the next big thing since Crosby, the Canucks will have to do everything they can to get this guy to continue what the twins have started, dominance of the NHL.

Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide trollish/idiotic threads

If we are lucky enough, we may be able to snag Mcdavid and add him to our revitalization of prospects. By 2015, when Connor is eligible, Mackinnon and Jones are ready (see other thread on my take on how to get the 2).

OK, to be able to get the 1st overall in 2015, its either we tank, which wont happen, so the next thing to do is trade assets.

By 2015, if we havent won the cup, it means the window is closed. Therefore, I suggest we use the twins and a prospect like Jensen to get that no. 1 pick. I know its a bold move but if you really think about it, it really makes sense. Hopefully, if we pull the trigger on this, we already won the Cup in 2013 or 2014 or both.

Thoughts?

Fixed

He's not a hobbit. He will be bigger in 2015.

lololol

By that logic, Chara will become to tall to stay in the atmosphere by the year 2030 and he will enslave us all.

We should be prepping for the rise of Chara! Who cares about McDavid, when people are somehow magically growing, as you put it.

lololol

By that logic, Chara will become to tall to stay in the atmosphere by the year 2030 and he will enslave us all.

We should be prepping for the rise of Chara! Who cares about McDavid, when people are somehow magically growing, as you put it.

He's only 15.

Seriously, did someone ruin your Christmas? You've been making a ton of pessimistic threads lately.

Any trade for the 1st overall pick starts and ends with Schneider. No exceptions. The Sedins aren't going to have enough value at 34 years old unless some team is really desperate.

Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide solutions/recommendations.

I see a name change in your future.

First of all, the twins will never wear a different NHL uniform unless they asked to be moved.

As someone else pointed out. In 3 years the twins will be 35 years old. You're not going to get a potential budding superstar for two old men. There's just not that many idiot GM's around not counting Scott Howson.

lololol

He's 5'11 and 170lbs. At 15 years old.

Patrick Kane, for example, is 5'10 and 181lbs.

If you don't think the kid will gain at least 15lbs of muscle in 3 years when he's drafted, you're crazy.

Do not undervalue the twins.

Their production at age 34 isn't as much of a concern as how long they are going to continue to play for. At best, they're going to have 5-6 years of roughly PPG seasons beyond 2015, which isn't a ton of value compared to potentially 20 seasons at at least a PPG pace (especially if McDavid turns out to be as good as everyone is saying).

In short, they'll still be good, but nobody knows how long they will be able to keep it up.

Thoughts?

:lol: This is not a Xbox 360 game it's reality. :picard:

" Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide solutions/recommendations" this made me laugh, someone is high on themselves, as they say a "legend in your own mind".

lololol

Yes people are magically growing, you're an idiot.

Archived