78 replies to this topic

#1 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Dubbed as the next big thing since Crosby, the Canucks will have to do everything they can to get this guy to continue what the twins have started, dominance of the NHL.

Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide solutions/recommendations.

If we are lucky enough, we may be able to snag Mcdavid and add him to our revitalization of prospects. By 2015, when Connor is eligible, Mackinnon and Jones are ready (see other thread on my take on how to get the 2).

OK, to be able to get the 1st overall in 2015, its either we tank, which wont happen, so the next thing to do is trade assets.

By 2015, if we havent won the cup, it means the window is closed. Therefore, I suggest we use the twins and a prospect like Jensen to get that no. 1 pick. I know its a bold move but if you really think about it, it really makes sense. Hopefully, if we pull the trigger on this, we already won the Cup in 2013 or 2014 or both.

Thoughts?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#2 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Lol no way a bottem feeding team who finishes last will give up a first overall pick for a couple seasons of the twins who would be already starting to decline when they would much rather have a potential future franchise superstar for 15+ seasons if he chooses to stay.

Even the Sedins for Crosby straight up would be declined by the Penguins.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#3 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

stop trolling with your horrible threads

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#4 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Connor McDavid? He's 15 years old and 170 pounds. Didn't you learn anything from the Boston Bruins?

You fail. Even Martin St. Louis weighs more.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#5 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

POPULAR

Connor McDavid? He's 15 years old and 170 pounds. Didn't you learn anything from the Boston Bruins?

He's not a hobbit. He will be bigger in 2015.

#6 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,335 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Dubbed as the next big thing since Crosby, the Canucks will have to do everything they can to get this guy to continue what the twins have started, dominance of the NHL.

Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide trollish/idiotic threads

If we are lucky enough, we may be able to snag Mcdavid and add him to our revitalization of prospects. By 2015, when Connor is eligible, Mackinnon and Jones are ready (see other thread on my take on how to get the 2).

OK, to be able to get the 1st overall in 2015, its either we tank, which wont happen, so the next thing to do is trade assets.

By 2015, if we havent won the cup, it means the window is closed. Therefore, I suggest we use the twins and a prospect like Jensen to get that no. 1 pick. I know its a bold move but if you really think about it, it really makes sense. Hopefully, if we pull the trigger on this, we already won the Cup in 2013 or 2014 or both.

Thoughts?

Fixed

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#7 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

If Boston can get Seguin, Canucks can do better.

#8 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,223 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I think we should trade Luongo's grandson for the first overall in 2045.

Edited by oldnews, 27 December 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#9 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

He's not a hobbit. He will be bigger in 2015.

lololol

By that logic, Chara will become to tall to stay in the atmosphere by the year 2030 and he will enslave us all.

We should be prepping for the rise of Chara! Who cares about McDavid, when people are somehow magically growing, as you put it.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#10 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

POPULAR

lololol

By that logic, Chara will become to tall to stay in the atmosphere by the year 2030 and he will enslave us all.

We should be prepping for the rise of Chara! Who cares about McDavid, when people are somehow magically growing, as you put it.

He's only 15.

#11 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Seriously, did someone ruin your Christmas? You've been making a ton of pessimistic threads lately.

Any trade for the 1st overall pick starts and ends with Schneider. No exceptions. The Sedins aren't going to have enough value at 34 years old unless some team is really desperate.
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#12 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

A guy can put on a lot of muscle between 15 and 18 years old.

Fortune favours the bold.

#13 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide solutions/recommendations.

I see a name change in your future.

First of all, the twins will never wear a different NHL uniform unless they asked to be moved.

As someone else pointed out. In 3 years the twins will be 35 years old. You're not going to get a potential budding superstar for two old men. There's just not that many idiot GM's around not counting Scott Howson.

#14 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Do not undervalue the twins.

#15 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

lololol

He's 5'11 and 170lbs. At 15 years old.
Patrick Kane, for example, is 5'10 and 181lbs.

If you don't think the kid will gain at least 15lbs of muscle in 3 years when he's drafted, you're crazy.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#16 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Do not undervalue the twins.

Their production at age 34 isn't as much of a concern as how long they are going to continue to play for. At best, they're going to have 5-6 years of roughly PPG seasons beyond 2015, which isn't a ton of value compared to potentially 20 seasons at at least a PPG pace (especially if McDavid turns out to be as good as everyone is saying).

In short, they'll still be good, but nobody knows how long they will be able to keep it up.

Edited by Brad Marchand, 27 December 2012 - 09:37 PM.

Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#17 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Thoughts?

:lol: This is not a Xbox 360 game it's reality. :picard:
" Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide solutions/recommendations" this made me laugh, someone is high on themselves, as they say a "legend in your own mind".

#18 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

lololol

Yes people are magically growing, you're an idiot.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#19 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,276 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Not sure if trolling... or trying to difuse a dumb post with another dumb post...
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#20 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

:lol:

Unless we tank it that year, there isn't any chance we get him.

zackass.png

#21 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

This thread is brilliant. Mr. Reputable has a solid understanding of reality and common sense. Can we make him our GM somehow?
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#22 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

15 year old is in grade 9?

#23 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Not sure if this guy is a cocaine addict, or has 0 hockey Knowledge.
Posted Image

#24 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Making preparations to get an upcoming rookie is risky as heck, not to mention expensive. What if we still don't get him? What if he's the next Patrick Stefan? Not worth it.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#25 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

A lot of people don't realize a few things about the Sedins. They are already not fast and strong players. Heck they are probably some of the slowest skaters in the league and aren't amongst the strongest. Yet look at the numbers they have put.

Sedins will decline, every player does, but it won't affect the twins because of their playing style as it would affect a player who's game is speed and going up and down the ice. The Sedins are just so good at protecting the puck and they are smart with it.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#26 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

He's only 15.

A guy can put on a lot of muscle between 15 and 18 years old.

Fortune favours the bold.

He's 5'11 and 170lbs. At 15 years old.
Patrick Kane, for example, is 5'10 and 181lbs.

If you don't think the kid will gain at least 15lbs of muscle in 3 years when he's drafted, you're crazy.

Yes people are magically growing, you're an idiot.

You guys are seriously something special.

I came out of my mother's lady parts weighing 160 pounds. Fact.

People don't magically come into this world weighing less, and then grow. We're not seeds.

#27 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

A lot can go wrong in a players development in 3 or 4 years. You can't really call a 15 year old a star in the making.
Posted Image

#28 Pacificgem

Pacificgem

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Really???

#29 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Thoughts?

You seriously need to change your user name.
Posted Image

#30 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

This may sound strange but I don't see the twins failing due to age in the same way other players do/will.

Because they are twins I rekon they will be effective right up to touching 40.

They are incredibly fit and dedicated and their chemistry will only get better.

By the time they are 40+ I see them ready to take over from MG with Bieksa taking over from AV.
Kevin.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.