The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks should make preparations for Connor Mcdavid

RAMBUTANS

A lot of people don't realize a few things about the Sedins. They are already not fast and strong players. Heck they are probably some of the slowest skaters in the league and aren't amongst the strongest. Yet look at the numbers they have put.

Sedins will decline, every player does, but it won't affect the twins because of their playing style as it would affect a player who's game is speed and going up and down the ice. The Sedins are just so good at protecting the puck and they are smart with it.

He's only 15.

A guy can put on a lot of muscle between 15 and 18 years old.

Fortune favours the bold.

He's 5'11 and 170lbs. At 15 years old.

Patrick Kane, for example, is 5'10 and 181lbs.

If you don't think the kid will gain at least 15lbs of muscle in 3 years when he's drafted, you're crazy.

Yes people are magically growing, you're an idiot.

You guys are seriously something special.

I came out of my mother's lady parts weighing 160 pounds. Fact.

People don't magically come into this world weighing less, and then grow. We're not seeds.

This may sound strange but I don't see the twins failing due to age in the same way other players do/will.

Because they are twins I rekon they will be effective right up to touching 40.

They are incredibly fit and dedicated and their chemistry will only get better.

By the time they are 40+ I see them ready to take over from MG with Bieksa taking over from AV.

Sure; trade two NHL scoring champs and a 70 point potential big forward for a guy that wont play for us for 5 years...

:bigblush:

I get it... Plan in advance! :blink:

Dubbed as the next big thing since Crosby, the Canucks will have to do everything they can to get this guy to continue what the twins have started, dominance of the NHL.

Unlike others, I do not make threads just for the heck of it, I provide solutions/recommendations.

If we are lucky enough, we may be able to snag Mcdavid and add him to our revitalization of prospects. By 2015, when Connor is eligible, Mackinnon and Jones are ready (see other thread on my take on how to get the 2).

OK, to be able to get the 1st overall in 2015, its either we tank, which wont happen, so the next thing to do is trade assets.

By 2015, if we havent won the cup, it means the window is closed. Therefore, I suggest we use the twins and a prospect like Jensen to get that no. 1 pick. I know its a bold move but if you really think about it, it really makes sense. Hopefully, if we pull the trigger on this, we already won the Cup in 2013 or 2014 or both.

Thoughts?

You guys are seriously something special.

I came out of my mother's lady parts weighing 160 pounds. Fact.

People don't magically come into this world weighing less, and then grow. We're not seeds.

What are you talking about? I know for a fact that I wasn't born weighing 190 pounds and 6' 2". He will grow more. Males grow till the age of 18 so he might end up being 6'3". It happened to my cousin.

Archived