Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inane

3 cops shot inside police station in New Jersey.

34 posts in this topic

Police should carry assault rifles rather than pistols

Remember that string of zombie-like attacks?

I liked that storyline better than these ho-hum shootings.

lets not make any rash judgements until we hear the NRA press release...

:picard:

whats up there lately?

kids

firefighters

policemen

whats next?

The one non-interchangeable factor is all these gun related events is mental illness.

He was brought back to police headquarters and when his handcuffs were removed for a brief period during processing, he lunged at Burns, knocking her down and taking her weapon, police Chief Harry Earle said.

oh i see he got them with the old "my cuffs are to tight can you loosen them a bit for me" routine . classic.

Actually it seems like the suspect in custody gained possession of one of the officer's firearms.

So technically, having the need for no guns on police officers (i.e. UK) with much better gun control would have prevented this whole fiasco.

I wonder what the NRA will have to say about this.

And these are trained police officers. Arming teachers etc who will have weekend training...yeah, dumb.

And these are trained police officers. Arming teachers etc who will have weekend training...yeah, dumb.

Most cops recieve minimal training the use of force, and they have the big disadvantages of having to get close to suspects in order to physically control them, and also in having their sidearms dangling out in a holster when not in hand.

That's why such a sizeable percentage of cops that are shot are shot with their own guns.

There are lots of American prison inmates who constantly practice how to snatch a gun from a cop.

There are police "retention" holsters which require someone to press a button or lever to unlock the gun, though remembering that extra step requires extra training and most cops don't get enough as is.

Anyway I wonder if the department is now going to get sued for not issueing retention holsters, or maybe the gun company for not doing enough to allow unaurhorized use of their pistols?

If you can steal a gun from a cop so easily, imagine how easy it would be to steal one from the 60 year old English Teacher at the local school.