The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Amnesty buyout

jagori78

I've said from the start that this whole situation was horribly mismanaged by the Canucks, and that Gillis should've just traded Schneider sometime in the 2011-12 season, heck, even the 2010-11 season/off-season. But he didn't, and Luongo now wants out.

And you just need to come to grips with it. IT. IS. TOO. LATE. The damage has been done. Luongo's gone, it's Schneider's team. I don't think it's the smart choice either, but that is what's happening, amigo.

How am I belittling him? Clearly you don't understand how markets work. This is a supply/demand problem. We have an excess supply in net. Part of the excess has asked to be traded. Demand is little. This is all weakness from the trader's perspective. This move has nothing to do with Luongo's ability, and everything to do with the fundamental market dynamics of the situation, that are not in our favour at all.

I don't know what he'll get us, but I think that if Luke Schenn was actually offered to us for him, Mike Gillis should have taken that and ran.

this is proof the salary cap is a joke. We will never get rid of it but it ruined our team. We had a stacked team for the first time ever and they bring in a cap and we were screwed. Detroit will forever be the place for draft picks to go, but 20 years ago that wasn't the case at all. They were the dead things they sucked nobody wanted ANYTHING to do with Detroit. What happens is, the fact the Salary Cap came into place before anyone could catch up to Detroit really means that draft picks wlll forever manipulate themselves for the draft. I swear Detroit has some way of making good talent seem like they aren't or something but they have ways of finding guys they already knew about in the lower rounds, like how without the players almost coming to them. I really don't know i'm just theorizing, i'm sure a lot of this is wrong this isn't an accurate post by any means, but if people can kind of follow my drift a bit i'm really tired but I can't sleep.

How are you forgetting all the times we argued about Luongo costing us the cup? Or your opinion Luongo being a top 10 goaltender.

I understand how the market works, which is why he won't get full value, but MG is patient man and he will get good value.

Its clear to me that you are just not a good judge of talent at all.

I'm happy he didn't take that, I would rather have a package like Kadri, Biggs and a 2nd myself instead of Schenn.

Now since you have no issue criticizing everybody else's proposals, knowing that Schenn is now long gone, let's hear your Tor-Van Luongo proposal?

If we put emotional opinions of Lui aside, do you think we will get that much in return? All along i have been expecting a lot less in return because of his age and salary obligations. I would be ecstatic if they could pull off a deal like that but as it sits right now i just don't see the Leafs offering very much. I can see a trade for a couple of second rounders or a first rounder that hasn't panned out like a Jordan Schroeder type pick.

There are a few teams that need a goaltender, by that i mean a quality goaltender and IF there is a season this year there could be a few more teams after Luongo if that team is in danger of missing the playoffs. People forget that Luongo can backstop a crappy team to get into the playoffs. I am hopeful, no positive that we will get a better return than a ' 2nd rounder or Bozak ' for him.

There are a few teams that need a goaltender, by that i mean a quality goaltender and IF there is a season this year there could be a few more teams after Luongo if that team is in danger of missing the playoffs. People forget that Luongo can backstop a crappy team to get into the playoffs. I am hopeful, no positive that we will get a better return than a ' 2nd rounder or Bozak ' for him.

Also everyone raves about Luongos first season here and how we got us single handedly into the playoffs. His save percentage that season? .921

His save percentage last season? .919

Not much difference eh but I guess some of us Canuck fans got a little spoiled and decided to run the best goalie this team had out of town.

Archived