The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Godzilla IMAX 3d.... 9/10!! Best monster movie ever

Solid story, amazing fight scenes.

I liked everything but the story, IMO the story was just brutal.

But let's be serious who goes to a Godzilla movie for the story haha.

I'd give the movie a 7/10, because I felt the story sucked, and didn't like Godzilla's lack of screen time.

Edited by Wedge-tailed Eagle

I don't know why the fact that people are rushing out to go see Godzilla surprises me, but it does.

1998 Godzilla was a big movie but huge disappointment as they rode the Jurassic park wagon and it was more of a velociraptor movie of baby gidzillas.

To me this Godzilla was just great fun. Had the right proportion of action. I actually liked that they didn't over saturate the movie with constant action through almost the whole movie.

Transformers really effed up in that regard IMO.

I was entertained tip to tail in this Godzilla. Found myself rooting for him .

It's a movie you need to watch in IMAX 3d to get the full effect.

Plus filmed in vancouver and steveston. Fun to see the landmarks.

I don't know why the fact that people are rushing out to go see Godzilla surprises me, but it does.

People love monsters, they are great fun, and Godzilla is the king of the monsters, gives him extra drawing power.

Kids today love giant things blowing stuff up (i.e. Pacific Rim, Transformers, Godzilla). Hollywood is simply cashing in.

Kids also loved it in the 1950s,

Shoot em up westerns and Godzilla , baby boomers wet dream

Edited by Mr.Habitat

I watched the original Godzilla series way back when and I loved it, if the reboot is true to the source material it has the potential to be a huge run of movies.

Amazing Spiderman 2: 8.5/10

Spoliers:

I really liked this although I had some problems with the movie. I thought Andrew Garfield was great and also liked the relationship between Peter and Gwen and the other characters. Dane Dehaan was very good although I feel like they kinda rushed his character. Jamie Foxx did well with the Max/Electro character. The action scenes were done well. And why was Rhino even in the film his character was stupid and unnecessary. And kinda too cheesy at times (the kid at the end was just too much).

Why the hell are people standing and cheering during the fight??? I would be running away

But i still really enjoyed the film I thought that the emotion was great

Edited by believe in blue forever

The Damned United - 8/10 I have seen this film now 3 times in the last year. Such a terrific sports film. For those that are unaware of the plot, it is the true story about soccer manager Brian Clough's unsuccessful 44 day tenure as manager of Leeds United in 1974. The film takes place over a period of 7 years, flashing back to his time in successfully managing Derby County, who were at the bottom of the 2nd division, to the top of 1st division when he left in 1973. Major historical inaccuracies aside, this is a fantastic film. Directed by Tom Hooper (King's Speech, and Les Miserables), and starring Michael Sheen, Timothy Spall, Colm Meaney, and Jim Broadbent, The Damned United is an absolutely terrific film. 94% on RT.

Amazing Spiderman 2: 8.5/10

Spoliers:

I really liked this although I had some problems with the movie. I thought Andrew Garfield was great and also liked the relationship between Peter and Gwen and the other characters. Dane Dehaan was very good although I feel like they kinda rushed his character. Jamie Foxx did well with the Max/Electro character. The action scenes were done well. And why was Rhino even in the film his character was stupid and unnecessary. And kinda too cheesy at times (the kid at the end was just too much).

Why the hell are people standing and cheering during the fight??? I would be running away

But i still really enjoyed the film I thought that the emotion was great

My rating: 7.5-8.0

I saw it yesterday as well. I agree, the kid thing was unnecessarily put into the film. There were better ways to "re-introduce" Spiderman than that.

The Rhino thing didn't bug me. It was just their way of leading Spiderman 2 into Spiderman 3. The middle of the end credits scene had nothing to do with Spiderman 3 so they needed to segue into it somehow.

As to the climactic scene 10 minutes before the movie ended, even after I heard the slow motion snapping noise, I so did not think that it would end up the way it did. That little tidbit never happened in the golden age nor silver age reboot comic books. As to the current iteration/generation, I have no idea. I haven't read a new comic book in over 20 years.

Blue Jasmine - 7.5/10

Incredibly well written film, though it won't be for everyone. Oh yeah, and apparently Cate Blanchett is really good at acting.

I've always liked her/thought she was a good actress but she absolutely blew me away as Jasmine. Not even close for best actress this year IMO. It was literally Blanchette and everyone else way, WAY back IMO.

I've always liked her/thought she was a good actress but she absolutely blew me away as Jasmine. Not even close for best actress this year IMO. It was literally Blanchette and everyone else way, WAY back IMO.

Not that I usually put too much stock into award shows, and I only watch about 5 minutes of them to begin with, she was absolutely deserving of the win this year. My wife usually doesn't like films like this, because they put her in a bad/depressed mood, but this wasn't the case with Blue Jasmine; and that's only because Blanchett was so absolutely believable in her role. You are also conflicted in how you should feel towards her. On one hand, she got to enjoy the luxuries of life that only few ever get to experience; and although she is dealing with serious mental health issues, there are people who never had her fortunes that deal with that everyday. However, my wife and I instantly thought of my mother. Not that she deals with mental illness or is not doing "alright" financially, but when she left my dad at 50, she never worked her whole life because my father made more then enough for her to never worry about money. When she left him, she had a hell of a time TRYING to get into the workforce because she has zero skills. She's been able to do without working so far (10 years later), but only because she has been incredibly frugal. Anyway, rant end. Jasmine was a great film.

My rating: 7.5-8.0

I saw it yesterday as well. I agree, the kid thing was unnecessarily put into the film. There were better ways to "re-introduce" Spiderman than that.

The first kid scene was fine imo but the last one was just cheesy. Yeah I kinda wanted him to become Spiderman again in the third movie but obviously that wasn't really possible cuz they needed the whole keep hope from Gwen's speech plus Rhino scene. I didn't mind him becoming spiderman again in this one though, it just kinda seemed fast

The Rhino thing didn't bug me. It was just their way of leading Spiderman 2 into Spiderman 3. The middle of the end credits scene had nothing to do with Spiderman 3 so they needed to segue into it somehow.

Good point. I think that could have been a good scene in the credits but cuz of the Xmen scene that didn't work

As to the climactic scene 10 minutes before the movie ended, even after I heard the slow motion snapping noise, I so did not think that it would end up the way it did. That little tidbit never happened in the golden age nor silver age reboot comic books. As to the current iteration/generation, I have no idea. I haven't read a new comic book in over 20 years.

Edited by believe in blue forever

Godzilla - 8.5/10

It really couldn't have been much better. I wish I had gone in IMAX, though.

Godzilla - 7/10 for me, the Japanese doctor, all he does all movie is look surprised - nothing else

Saw it in DBOX at Collosus in Langley. I'd give it a solid 8. Decent movie, expected more fighting but enjoyed the story. DBOX is a cool feature. The 3D was a total waste, didn't do much for me.

Godzilla - 9/10

Sure needed more action, but if they actually want to make a trilogy/series of it than I guess they needed the first one to get rid of the whole storyline stuff. Thank goodness it stayed true to the source material, I'll just forget about 1998 now.

Neighbors 6/10

Not much too say. A mindless comedy. It had some funny parts. Obviously didn't expect it to be some oscar worthy movie.

Million Dollar Arm 7/10

Went to see this one. Really didn't even know much about the movie when I watched it. I enjoyed it.