The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: :lol:/10

My sons wanted to see it so we went to watch. The visual effects were excellent, but it might have helped if the hired a screenwriter.

Just a rehash of everything we have already seen

Good popcorn at least  lol

• Haha 1

Ant-Man and The Wasp  7/10

Nothing groundbreaking. It was a fun, entertaining ride with well placed laughs and some really nice action. I enjoyed it for what it was. Paul Rudd was excellent. Evangeline Lilly kicks so much ass; I am in love. Stick around for the 1st bonus scene at least. The one after the credits was not worth the wait in my opinion.

Just saw Dunkirk at the Omnimax (large dome screen) theatre in Science World. Its not my first time watching it, but I enjoyed it more this time than my before. Maybe because I know what to expect going into the movie this time. Rather than provide an emotional journey where you slowly learn the traits and personalities of each individual, which I find is the norm for war movies. Dunkirk just lays it all out there, showing the audience a spectacle and simplifying the movie into a thrilling and anxiety-inducing, determined fight for survival.

As for the theatre itself, it was a unique experience as the screen really takes up most of your visual space, allowing you to become immersed into the world of the film. Which is why I think Dunkirk is a good film for this type of viewing experience as you feel like you are right there with the characters.  

9/10 

I can't believe it's almost 17 years since the Fellowship of the Ring was released. Watched it last night for the first time in a few years and enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time. The perfect blend of live actors and CGI. And I was a huge LOTR fan as a kid so I love it.

The music is outstanding as well... Is it nerdy to say that I kind of want to see one of those live performance things? :ph34r:

A Quiet Place - 8.5/10

The tension this movie is able to achieve and sustain is top notch. A great ride. But it doesn't get an elite score from me as it made itself to be nothing more than a 90 minute thrill. Like a lot of movies, the theme comes down to the "I love my family" cliche. Once it's over, you move on with your life.

a-quiet-place-movie-one.jpg.198be7560fe093aea56a30fb8ea0e1da.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:00 AM, Hugor Hill said:

In Darkness - 5.5/10

It started out really well, but had thrown all logic out the window by the end of the movie.

ps I still think Ed Skrein made a better Daario Naharis 

in-darkness-natalie-dormer-ed-skrein1.jpg.8166ab3a49e218920e124762450306e9.jpg

I didn't like the new Daario that's for sure.  Is that also Natalie Dormer(Margaery Tyrell?) 

I, Tonya 

Don't have time to get into a review of it. But it had pacing issues. First half was ok, but it seemed to lose steam in the second half.

Without having more time to get into it, I’d say there are better movies to watch in this genre (biopics).

On 2018-07-03 at 12:16 PM, Monty said:

Now that it's on Netflix, I'm interested to hear what @D-Money has to say about TLJ.

Stayed up last night and watched it.

There's a perfectly decent (albeit corny) Star Wars movie here in the first 30 minutes and the last hour. But that hour in the middle was JarJar-level garbage. Just aimlessly stalling, and filling in the blanks with cheesy alien crap.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Stayed up last night and watched it.

There's a perfectly decent (albeit corny) Star Wars movie here in the first 30 minutes and the last hour. But that hour in the middle was JarJar-level garbage. Just aimlessly stalling, and filling in the blanks with cheesy alien crap.

Feel the same about a good Star Wars movie in there, somewhere. But it’s such a mess, that it’s difficulty for me to enjoy any of it. 

Not a Star Wars purist. As long as a movie is enjoyable, that’s all I care about. This wasn’t enjoyable.

21 minutes ago, Canuck Puck Luck said:

Hot Fuzz

Funny, witty, action-packed, cameos, suspense, and utter ridiculousness.

This is a go to movie for me that I can watch at any time when I just want to be entertained and have a good laugh. 

9/10 

Just watched this again on the weekend. Favourite Edgar Wright movie.

• Upvote 1