The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Real Gangsters - 2/10

Saw this on tv, omg it was so bad.  I googled the movie and surprise, it's Canadian.  Terrible acting, terrible filming, terrible plot, totally predictable. Surprisingly it got decent reviews.

Street Fighter 10/10:bigblush:

Ha this was on tv yesterday, and it is seriously has to be one of the worst films ever made, ever.  For that I give it a 10 because you couldn't try and make a movie this dumb, and JCVD American accent is awesome.  Also hats off whoever casted Ken and Ryu because they look nothing like the video game characters, props to Bison though, he looked authentic.  Dat plot tho...

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Street Fighter 10/10:bigblush:

Ha this was on tv yesterday, and it is seriously has to be one of the worst films ever made, ever.  For that I give it a 10 because you couldn't try and make a movie this dumb, and JCVD American accent is awesome.  Also hats off whoever casted Ken and Ryu because they look nothing like the video game characters, props to Bison though, he looked authentic.  Dat plot tho..

So, this was Raul Julia’s (Gomez Addams in the Addams Family movies) last film role before he passed away from cancer. And my favourite part of this movie was just when it finished, it said:

“For Raul Julia. Via Con Dios.”

:lol: 

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Annihilation.

8.5/10

I felt it just missed the hype it received.  The interactions between Natalie Portman and Oscar Isaac were great (well acted performance by NP in this movie.  I guess I expected a slightly darker tone to it all.

i was going to give it an 8 but added the .5 for the Natalie is hot factor.

It's probably because I'm not cool or smart enough but I was really confused at the end of this movie. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Nah you got it.

if anything the very very very end is what took the 1.5 away for me.

what say you?

I really wasn't sure what to make of it. It left me feeling like there'd be a sequel but they've already said there won't be, and IMO that's just a bad ending.

Spinning man .......... 6/10 but I'm confussed

New on netflix, from the trailer it seems like a pretty typical movie of a man cheating on wife gets caught and kills the girl or something along those lines but the end left with me lots of questions that i hope someone here can clear up.....

Spoilers ahead

The last few scenes make it seem like before he goes to the station he happened to have been doing the same thing to the african american (maybe mixed....) student. But something about hearing the words "I love you" sends him into a tail spin and act aggressively? (that seems to be what set him off with the student that showed up near the dam dead) He clearly has a problem sleeping around that makes sense. And what is with the memory storyline and why is he remembering things that didn't happen, like killing the student? 

On 12/3/2018 at 8:16 PM, Down by the River said:

The Clovehitch Killer: 7/10

Definitely worth a watch. One of those slow-burn movies, which is kind of my favorite kind. In small-town America, is a boy's father actually a serial killer? Does a good job of being suspenseful without much happening. 

Really enjoyed this movie!

Like you said, good slow burn with a mild intensity throughout the movie.

I would also be in the 6.5-7 range on Clovehitch Killer.

11 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

The Hangover

(yes, I finally watched it)

Had some pretty good moments. Still can't stand Ed Helms

In university, the most annoying people were those in the theatre department who were always “on”. Those who were convinced everyone wanted to see them perform from the time they woke up, to when they fell asleep. They were also the people who were most likely to move to Hollywood, because they knew they would make it. The only thing was that everyone else knew they wouldn’t, because they were truly terrible, but were convinced otherwise.

Ed Helms is one of these people to me. He somehow made it. I’m not sure how, but he did. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Monty said:

In university, the most annoying people were those in the theatre department who were always “on”. Those who were convinced everyone wanted to see them perform from the time they woke up, to when they fell asleep. They were also the people who were most likely to move to Hollywood, because they knew they would make it. The only thing was that everyone else knew they wouldn’t, because they were truly terrible, but were convinced otherwise.

Ed Helms is one of these people to me. He somehow made it. I’m not sure how, but he did. 

Yo this guy plays Andy frikken Bernard!  How can you doubt that talent?

• Haha 1