The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Here we go.

Silver Linings Playbook: 8/10. Great film. I thought the chemistry between Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence worked out okay. She's destroying other actresses her age.

Les Mis: 9/10. Never really appreciated the musical until I saw the movie. I'm ashamed to say that. That'll be the first thing I watch if I ever go to London or New York.

Django Unchained: 6/10. I didn't really feel it from Foxx or Tarantino for that matter. I also don't know Westerns at all. My own failure, I guess.

Killing Them Softly 3/10

Stand Up Guys 4/10

Two boring talk-fests with very little action. My wife would probably rate them differently.

We're going to see Hansel and Gretyl: Witch Hunters next week sometime.

Edited by zaibatsu

Zero Dark Thirty-6/10

It was okay. Erratically paced. Characters were uninteresting and about half of the movie seemed like boring filler. Perhaps I went into it with my expectations too high, but its not worth the Oscar hype. If anything its Oscar bait.

Same. I thought it was mediocre and really lacking in any sort of storyline.

I enjoyed it. I generally don't like action movies but I thought the Avengers was great. It had a solid script and the action was good. It was a very entertaining movie. The characters weren't exactly deep or complex but it was fun watching them interact.

I enjoyed it. I generally don't like action movies but I thought the Avengers was great. It had a solid script and the action was good. It was a very entertaining movie. The characters weren't exactly deep or complex but it was fun watching them interact.

Top 10 material?!?!? :bigblush:

7 Psychopaths - 8/10

Very funny, well written. Between this and In Bruges I am really starting to like this director/writer. I loved this movie from start to finish and Sam Rockwell deserves a bunch of credit/kudos for his role.

Zero Dark Thirty - 6/10

I dont get the critical love appeal with this movie. It was boring, awkwardly paced and too long. Watch if you must, but I really didnt enjoy it all that much. Chastain as always, was solid however.

Mama - 3/10

For a movie being lauded by the critics for how scary it is, and being directed by Guillermo Del Toro, this movie was awful. Maybe I am the only one who thinks the Unknown is scarier than the seen, but Del Toro throws that notion out the window in the first 4 minutes. Overshowing the "ghost" , not building tension at all, and inserting a cheesy ass story that doesnt explain 80% of the movie... Ugh. Why cant we get a decent horror movie.

Life of Pi - 9/10

The movie itself I would only give a 5 or 6 /10, however the visuals and use of 3D boosts it to a 9. It is truly beautiful and the most amazing use of 3D since Avatar.

Zero Dark Thirty-6/10

It was okay. Erratically paced. Characters were uninteresting and about half of the movie seemed like boring filler. Perhaps I went into it with my expectations too high, but its not worth the Oscar hype. If anything its Oscar bait.

Zero Dark Thirty - 6/10

I dont get the critical love appeal with this movie. It was boring, awkwardly paced and too long. Watch if you must, but I really didnt enjoy it all that much. Chastain as always, was solid however.

I find this interesting because yesterday I went and saw it. I give it 9/10.

Just the build up to everything was interesting and informative. I was also blown away how it wasn't a merica propaganda film. I found the film to feel very real with the violence and torture scenes. They did a good job with the progression over a time period of 10 years. No this is not your bang bang shoot em up type move but if it was I think it would have sucked big time for that. People tend to forget how long it took to get to the point of killing OBL and the story of finding him is far more interesting and important than the pointy end of the stick poking him.

Don't read the following if you haven't seen it or don't want it to be spoiled (not that you don't already know how it ends).

Having the breaching into the compound and killing of OBL so short at the end was a nice approach to the touchy subject. With the emphasis being on the people who were finding him be the main point of the film. Also with it being open ended at the end with no further push or view after his death, showing it was up to the viewer to decide how they felt about it.

I left the film with more questions than answers and that was the difference for me.

Having the breaching into the compound and killing of OBL so short at the end was a nice approach to the touchy subject. With the emphasis being on the people who were finding him be the main point of the film. Also with it being open ended at the end with no further push or view after his death, showing it was up to the viewer to decide how they felt about it.

I left the film with more questions than answers and that was the difference for me.

I agree, I liked that, but I felt that the execution for the rest of the movie was poorly done. I didn't care about any of the main characters, Maya was boring. There was no character development, the characters all felt more like plot devices to a plot that wasn't quite there. It felt like half of the events it showed were completely irrelevant, and the movie was just showing you random things that happened along the way during the mission.

I know it's trying to portray the events as realistically as possible, but I felt like it could've taken some more creative leeway. If I wanted to watch the 'true story' I'd watch a documentary.

I'm with Mountain Man, saw ZD30 last week and would give it a 9. Oddly enough I walked out of the theatre specifically raving about the pacing of it, I felt like Bigelow perfectly drew out the tension in various scenes (the army base bombing is a good example) to just the right degree before releasing. But everything about that movie was excellent - editing, cinematography, acting (Gandolfini's few scenes especially).

So far I'd say it's the best movie I've seen from 2012. I liked it more than Lincoln although I feel that'll win BP at the oscars.