The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Guest Gumballthechewy

shoot em up 10/10. re-watched this classic. Arguably the the most badass film known to man

Only Clive Owen could make carrots a lethal weapon.

Although Cranked is a contender for most badass film known to man.

• Upvote 1

Blade Runner - 9/10

Ok, so I don't know how much of a cinaphobe I can be if I just watched this for the first time last week. As everyone knows, it is an absolutely terrific film.

As good as Harrison Ford is, it's Rutger Hauer that steals the show. Absolutely phenomenal performance. And as for the SFX, still top notch 30 years later.

I feel like an even bigger loser for not watching this back in the 90s during my teen years.

I Melt With You

Rob Lowe and Jeremy Pevin....solid and dark movie. A bit jerky at times. But amazing soundtrack and watching Rob Lowe fist pills into his face with a smile and a bottle of scotch and smirk saying :i'm a doctor, i'm on vacation" just makes my insides warm

Edited by Warhippy

Guest Gumballthechewy

Blade Runner - 9/10

Ok, so I don't know how much of a cinaphobe I can be if I just watched this for the first time last week. As everyone knows, it is an absolutely terrific film.

As good as Harrison Ford is, it's Rutger Hauer that steals the show. Absolutely phenomenal performance. And as for the SFX, still top notch 30 years later.

I feel like an even bigger loser for not watching this back in the 90s during my teen years.

Don't feel that bad, I'm a huge sci-if movie fan and I've never seen it.

Don't feel that bad, I'm a huge sci-if movie fan and I've never seen it.

You really should Gumball. All these years later, it's still a great movie.

As Monty said, Rutger Hauer is the man in this one. In fact, there was a stretch during his career where he was the undisputed best villain in film. (Sort of the Ralph Fiennes of his day ;) )

It's kind of sad how far Hauer has fallen now. If you want an example of a truly awful movie, check him out in Hobo With a Shotgun...

• Upvote 1

Finally watched Blue Jasmine last night and Allen was at his awkward best here. Extremely uncomfortable to watch but equally as intriguing and well acted. Cate Blanchett cements herself further in my mind as one of my favourite actresses. The entire picture is wonderfully moody and engaging. Dice-Clay surprises a bit here as well.

As Allen ages he seems to be getting even better at painting a picture (even if the picture is less lighthearted than his earlier work).

9/10 and probably the best picture I've seen this year.

BLUE_JASMINE_2013_TH_MLF-WW-artwork.jpg

Edited by J.R.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Gravity - 4/10.

About 30 minutes in I was rooting for the debris.

I just watched it and it wasn't that bad. It's not an award winning movie I don't think but it's ok.

I'd give it 6/10.

Edited by Gumballthechewy