The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

The Wackness 8.5/10

Amazing little gem of a film that passed me by. Somehow. How could I miss a movie that includes a scene of Ben Kingsley and Method Man getting stoned while discussing Freud?

totally forgot about this. gonna give it a watch tonight

This Is 40 - 5/10

Perfectly average film. For those that don't know, Judd Apatow's well ran dry after Knocked Up. It took me this long to see "This Is 40", because Funny People was one of the most disappointing films I had seen in a long time. Not only was it too long, but it didn't know what kind of film it wanted to be; with the last 40 minutes being about infidelity. Really strange.

Anyway, this is about "This Is 40." Missed opportunity not having Seth Rogen and Katherine Hiegl come back; though for Hiegl, there are obvious reasons for this. Not a bad film by any means. It set out what it wanted to accomplish, it just wasn't as funny as it could have been; especially when you have Paul Rudd, Chris O'Dowd, and Jason Segel together.

Edited by Monty

This Is 40 - 5/10

Perfectly average film. For those that don't know, Judd Apatow's well ran dry after Knocked Up. It took me this long to see "This Is 40", because Funny People was one of the most disappointing films I had seen in a long time. Not only was it too long, but it didn't know what kind of film it wanted to be; with the last 40 minutes being about infidelity. Really strange.

Anyway, this is about "This Is 40." Missed opportunity not having Seth Rogen and Katherine Hiegl come back; though for Hiegl, there are obvious reasons for this. Not a bad film by any means. It set out what it wanted to accomplish, it just wasn't as funny as it could have been; especially when you have Paul Rudd, Chris O'Dowd, and Jason Segel together.

There were some parts of This Is 40 that totally hit home, and had me HOWLING. But it had no focus, ran too long, and...kept shifting the "tone".

What made Knocked Up so great was that it was close to realistic. Whereas this movie seemed to continuously morph into whatever suited the next joke they wanted to tell.

It's too bad, because some of it was outstanding.

Edited by D-Money

Hit and Run - 4/10 I wanted to watch yet another fluff film, and Dax Shepard's latest masterpiece fit the bill nicely. Some halfway decent parts to the film, with Michael Rosenbaum being the absolute standout.

Catching Fire - 9/10 stars left out a lot of the book, but what it kept was self contained and well told. though i wish they would have kept the hologram watch of the gamemaker from the party. I was looking forward to that conversation. I also wish they would have shown more of the "wedding planning", since that was a huge part of the propaganda, and they barely touched on it.

also, irrelevant to the movie itself, i streamed the movie wirelessly from my surface to my smart TV, and I was very impressed that there was no quality loss. it was the first time i used that functionality. i can see myself doing this, a lot, in the future.

Also watched Catching Fire on the weekend 8/10 for me. Definitely felt like it had "more meat on it's bones" than the first IMO.

After the first I was mostly watching the second one out of curiosity more than anything else. Now that I've seen the second, they might just have their hooks in me...lol Might even have to look at the books.

Also watched Catching Fire on the weekend 8/10 for me. Definitely felt like it had "more meat on it's bones" than the first IMO.

After the first I was mostly watching the second one out of curiosity more than anything else. Now that I've seen the second, they might just have their hooks in me...lol Might even have to look at the books.

Haven't read the books, so I can't comment. My wife has and really enjoyed them. She is also not overly critical of these types of movies. However, she said that the last book will probably not translate well onto the screen; saying that it was the weakest in the series. But whatever. Fun is fun. Except when it involves Adam Sandler.

Delivery Man- 7.5/10

I don't know why, but I really liked this movie. I know it's a ripoff of the original called Starbuck, but Delivery Man was enjoyable. I just thought the movie had heart and it was just a good feeling film. Haven't seen a movie like this in awhile, just really enjoyed it and I also like Vince Vaughn.

Just watched 'Divergent' tonight - 10/10.

...what a film! So tremendously put it is actual art in motion. Just awing how great it was acted, the setting, the story, the message being portrayed and the feelings the viewers felt, just wow, wow.

Honestly think this is my fav movie ever. Was just outstanding and I recommend anyone to watch it who's deciding on a movie to watch...Divergent and you won't be disappointed. Nothing really spectacular like amazing scenes or anything but the overall concept of the movie was brilliant and simply breathtaking. Films like this are just a work of pure art.

...what a film! So tremendously put it is actual art in motion. Just awing how great it was acted, the setting, the story, the message being portrayed and the feelings the viewers felt, just wow, wow.

Honestly think this is my fav movie ever. Was just outstanding and I recommend anyone to watch it who's deciding on a movie to watch...Divergent and you won't be disappointed. Nothing really spectacular like amazing scenes or anything but the overall concept of the movie was brilliant and simply breathtaking. Films like this are just a work of pure art.

i dunno about that movie, but your review gets a 10/10

Hard to tell if you're serious or not. With Divergent currently sitting at 40% on Rottentomatoes, I'm inclined to believe your review isn't genuine. But then again, I really like Speed Racer. So to each their own.