The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Guest Gumballthechewy

my wife claimed she doesn't get the big deal about her and that she doesn't seem that beautiful to her.... i had to bite my lip if I wanted to keep living.

Words of a married man! :P

Seven Psychopaths 6/10

I really liked the acting and the characters in this but the plot felt like it was trying too hard to be a tarantino movie. Plus all the best lines are in the trailer. Loved Tom Waits though he needs to be in more movies. Overall its a average gangster comedy.

Funny...I found that his humour fit the animated film perfectly! In fact, better than his last few 'real' movies.

I wasn't a fan of Moonrise Kingdom. Although I appreciated some of the crazy set pieces, overall it just didn't "click" for me. Probably my least favorite Anderson movie.

what's your favourite, other than FMF?

i'm thinking i may just re-watch his whole filmography over the next week or so

Not asking me, I know; but hands down The Royal Tenenbaums is Wes Anderson's best and my favourite.

It's a toss-up between Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore...but probably the latter by a hair. Then FMF.

Bottle Rocket and Darjeeling were also very good. But didn't feel Life Aquatic or Moonrise Kingdom. I've been meaning to give Life Aquatic another viewing for a long time though.

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012):

Not exactly sure what to say about this film. I decided to watch this because I've heard some good things about it, to be honest. It first feels like a quirky little comedy, but it transitions into a drama that really explores its characters. I really enjoyed both Mark Duplass' and Aubrey Plaza's performances in this film. It is a touching and endearing picture with good performances and a nice plot.

B

8 - 8.4, I guess.

Edited by Spoderman

It's a toss-up between Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore...but probably the latter by a hair. Then FMF.

Bottle Rocket and Darjeeling were also very good. But didn't feel Life Aquatic or Moonrise Kingdom. I've been meaning to give Life Aquatic another viewing for a long time though.

Apparently you're my Wes Anderson evil twin. My rankings:

1. Life Aquatic

2. Moonrise Kingdom

3. Rushmore

4. Royal Tenenbaums

5. Fantastic Mr. Fox

6. Grand Budapest

7. Bottle Rocket

8. Darjeeling Limited

Be honest, it was because of Jennifer Lawrence wasn't it? :P

I don't get why everybody loves her, I personally am not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence at all. Cannot stand her whatsoever, I can't even get through one of her films because she is in the movie.

Disconnect- 8/10

Great story, I was completely into the movie from start to finish. Jason Bateman was awesome, he did a great job on this film. The movie was pretty intense and had 3 different storylines involving different people.

Edited by CanuckofSteel

Guest Gumballthechewy

Jackass: Bad Grandpa - 7/10 the kid was awesome

That movie was hilarious! The pageant at the end was priceless!

I don't get why everybody loves her, I personally am not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence at all. Cannot stand her whatsoever, I can't even get through one of her films because she is in the movie.

To each their own I guess. There's universally loved actors that I hate and universally hated actors that I love. :P

Edited by Gumballthechewy

Apparently you're my Wes Anderson evil twin. My rankings:

1. Life Aquatic

2. Moonrise Kingdom

3. Rushmore

4. Royal Tenenbaums

5. Fantastic Mr. Fox

6. Grand Budapest

7. Bottle Rocket

8. Darjeeling Limited

Haha - guess there's something for everyone!

When I read about Life Aquatic, I was really excited. Seemed right up my alley. I need to watch it again, because I may simply had not been in the mood for it at the time.

Hmmm, time to talk about one of my favourite series of all time:

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981):

The definition of adventure. Every second of this film is an epic experience. The temple in South America in the beginning, the fight with the German boxer, or the chase for the Ark are sequences that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the movie. Harrison Ford's performance as Indiana Jones was great, simply because he wasn't a hero that could break anything with his pinky. The fact that he got his ass kicked throughout the film made him a relatable hero for the audience. The stunts and effects in this film are so well done. The truck chase when Ford is being dragged by a car on the road, the face melting of the Nazi's, etc. Overall, Raiders of the Lost Ark is a true adventure with a great protagonist, great special and practical effects, and a fantastic macguffin and plot.

A+

10/10

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984):

A prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom is a grittier and darker tale for Indiana Jones. I really like and respect that Spielberg and Lucas deviate from Raiders in this film. It's mood didn't work as well for Indiana Jones, but it is still a hell of a ride. Temple of Doom has a lot more action in the film, and even has the most intense climax of the trilogy, in my opinion. Some people really dislike this film, but I don't really know why. I assume it's because of the characters of Willie and Short Round. Willie is annoying, but for some reason, I'm able to see past that. I like Short Round simply because I was a little Asian boy when I first watched it (and I still am :[ ). Another excellent adventure created by Spielberg and Lucas.

A

9/10

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

Once again, another awesome adventure. The Last Crusade definitely has the best dialogue in the series, with the introduction of Dr. Henry Jones, Sr., Indy's father. The back and forth between Harrison Ford and Sean Connery is priceless to me. I do believe that it's also the funniest of the series. The scene where Indy gets the book signed by Hitler was golden. The movie had great pacing, like the others.

A

9/10

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Ughh... What a let down. I'll give the film some credit. It had some good, Indy like moments in it, but there was just something missing. I really didn't like the macguffin in this one, but I'm really not sure why. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull didn't feel like the previous three. It felt too clean, sort of like the Star Wars prequels. No awesome stunts or no standout practical effects. It just didn't feel like the originals.

C

6/10

Edited by Spoderman

Captain America: The First Avenger (3D)- 7.5/10

Finally got around to watching Captain America, it was way better than Thor and Thor 2. Some parts were pretty slow but overall it was pretty entertaining. The 3D was better compared to some other Marvel movies (Thor 1&2, Iron Man 3).

Hoping to watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier in IMAX this weekend.