The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Skyfall: 7/10

Saw this with my parents. The best part of this movie for me was during the scene where Bond cries and my dad blurts out in disgust "this is ridiculous, the real James Bond doesn't cry. The real James bond kills someone and then eats a grape after" :lol:

Olympus Has Fallen - 3/10

Same as every other action movie ever released. Decent action, but forgettable.

Battle Royale - 6.5/10

Finally got around to watching it. Disturbing, yet very well done. The ending was fairly weak, which knocked it down a few points. But overall, pretty good.

How to Steal a Million - 8/10

Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. Hepburn's father re-creates (forges) classic art (sculptures, paintings) and then sells then at autions as originals (or so the public thinks). As one of his sculptures will soon be found out as a forgery (currently on display at a museum awaiting to be insured), Hepburn enlists O'Toole (a thief) to help her steal the sculpture back before it is assessed by the insurer. Very fun film. And while Hepburn is as solid as always, the real star is O'Toole.

Olympus Has Fallen- 3/10

The little bit of enjoyment I got out of this movie was from laughing at how ridiculous, cheesy and hackneyed it was. Suspension of disbelief is nigh impossible, none of the scenarios in it were remotely plausible, even for a turn-your-brain-off action movie. I don't mind ridiculous action, but this took itself so seriously and was so poorly done that it was almost comical. Also, I hope you enjoy shots of the american flag waving in the wind, because this movie was full of them. The action wasn't even good enough to make up for it.

GI Joe: Retaliation-5/10

Cheesy and dumb, but unlike Olympus Has Fallen it was done in an acceptable way. Action was at least half decent.

i like how the Olympus Has Fallen trailer there's the dude saying in his gruff voice "OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN.... i repeat.... OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN"

yet the "i repeat" part is in an entirely different voice. its like they added that in purely as an excuse to repeat the film title throughout the trailer

does that scene happen in the movie?

I know I'm late to both of these movies but,

Memento: 9.5/10

It was simply riveting and had every inch of my brain trying to wrap around the plot... can't really say any more. Nolan is a genius.

The Prestige: 9.5/10

Jackman and Bale both shine in their roles, and Nolan directs yet another wonderful movie. There were so many different twists and turns, you have to keep piecing it together but the ending was done so perfectly and tied everything up.

Plan to watch both of these movies next. Only have heard good things about both of them.

i like how the Olympus Has Fallen trailer there's the dude saying in his gruff voice "OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN.... i repeat.... OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN"

yet the "i repeat" part is in an entirely different voice. its like they added that in purely as an excuse to repeat the film title throughout the trailer

Honestly, I don't remember any lines in the movie. Like majority of action movies, it's just plain retarded. And while I like Aaron Eckhart, he had little to work with in his role.

Eckhart: The United States does not negotiate with terrorists.

Bad guy from first Fast and the Furious film: (holds knife to someones throat)

Eckhart: Oh alright, here's the code you want.

Seriously, it's really bad.

Yes. I think it was caught between two seperate shots of the US flag riddled with bullet holes waving defiantly in the wind.

Warrior - 6/10

Worth watching? I guess. If you like MMA you will probably like it a little more than I did. Tom Hardy did very well with very little (as in lines). I really don't know many actors that are both terrific with a lot of speaking in their roles and with little to no speaking in their roles. Hardy proved his acting chops in Bronson, while here, he really shows that he can say a lot without saying much at all. Aside from Daniel Day-Lewis, I really do not know any other actor that is actually terrific in non speaking roles.

The Raven - 3/10

An all around bad film. I like John Cusack a lot, but to be honest, there's a reason he isn't cast that often. To be fair though, this was a poorly written film, with only Brendan Gleeson able to make something out of nothing. One of those times where the a film looks good on paper, but is just translated poorly on screen. Different script and actors would have probably turned this into an interesting murder/mystery. All in all, wooden acting and a terrible script make this a film worth skipping.

GI Joe. 5/10

My friend who was from out of town wanted to see it, I did not.

As it turns out, I was right.

Worst action movie I can recall in a long time.

Only good thing was, they killed off Channing Tatum early, so the acting in it was less horrible after 20 minutes or so.

GI Joe. 5/10

My friend who was from out of town wanted to see it, I did not.

As it turns out, I was right.

Worst action movie I can recall in a long time.

Only good thing was, they killed off Channing Tatum early, so the acting in it was less horrible after 20 minutes or so.

So how did it still get a 5 from you?