The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

End of Tomorrow - 5/10

This is a really bizarre film to review. Watching it is definitely an experience, almost a gimmick. Had Moore (director) received permission to film at Disney Land, the film would have lost its charm and would not have received the press it got.

So on that alone, it is actually worth watching. As one critic said, the fact that this movie exists is impossible. And when you do some basic research on the film, the filming methods used to get the movie made was truly impressive.

Now, the movie itself is very "B Movie(ish)." On rating it compared to other B Movies, it is quite lame. It is, however, worth watching simply because of the story behind how this film actually came to be.

Escape From Tomorrow

End of Tomorrow is the newly recycled Tom Cruise movie.

Please tell me all the funniest scenes aren't already in the trailer.

I didn't watch the trailer. It was my bf's pick so I didn't even know about this movie until the day we watched it.

When I said that it was funnier than I expected, I meant judging from the title and the fact that it's by Seth McFarlane. LOL

Edited by Canuck_83

A Million Ways to Die in the West- 8/10

The movie was actually really funny, NPH was hilarious. You cannot go into this movie expecting a great story, smart jokes, or anything like that. The movie contains crude humour and a whatever story. What the movie does give is some awesome jokes based on the Western Frontier. Also the movie looks really good, it was just good to look at in general. There are jokes used that were in the trailers but those weren't the funniest ones, there were numerous better jokes in the movie when compared to the ones in the trailer. The movie was about 20 min too long, but it had some absolutely awesome cameos. There was one brilliant cameo in the movie which came probably half way through, somewhat close to the ending. It was so much better than I expected.

Edited by CanuckofSteel

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014):

My family decided to see this and it was cheap movie night yesterday, so I said, "Why not".

If I had to sum up this film with a superhero name, it would be "Supermeh". Aside from that lame joke, I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. The visuals are great and the special effects are nice, but those things themselves couldn't salvage the film's mediocrity. The pacing is bad, the plot lacks focus, and I still don't like Garfield as Peter Parker. Sure, he delivers his lines as Spidey, but his confidence when playing Peter is out of character and it takes away from his relatability. Overall, it was a jumbled mess.

C-

or

5.75/10

P.S.

The whole "Electro" song during the final fight was cringeworthy

Edited by Spoderman

Austenland - 6.5/10 Have never been a huge fan of rom-coms, but my wife enjoys them from time to time. She is also a huge Jane Austen fan, so this movie was perfect for her. Long story short, Keri Russell plays a huge Jane Austen fan who takes a trip to England to stay at "Austenland," where she gets to play out her Jane Austen fantasy. Definitely not a terrific film, but enough chuckles to keep me interested. A few notable faces popped up as well: Bret Mckenzie, Jane Seymour, Jennifer Coolidge, and James Callis. Not terrific, but fun enough.

Austenland - 6.5/10Have never been a huge fan of rom-coms, but my wife enjoys them from time to time. She is also a huge Jane Austen fan, so this movie was perfect for her. Long story short, Keri Russell plays a huge Jane Austen fan who takes a trip to England to stay at "Austenland," where she gets to play out her Jane Austen fantasy. Definitely not a terrific film, but enough chuckles to keep me interested. A few notable faces popped up as well: Bret Mckenzie, Jane Seymour, Jennifer Coolidge, and James Callis. Not terrific, but fun enough.

LOL - my wife also watched this last night...

Let's just say I got really far in Candy Crush.

LOL - my wife also watched this last night...

Let's just say I got really far in Candy Crush.

Yeah, it wasn't terrific; however, I got something out of it in the end, so it was worth it.

I watched two James Mcavoy movies a couple of weeks ago.

Filth 8.25/10

Trance 7/10

His acting in filth was top.

Haven't seen Filth, but Trance was awful; and I really like Danny Boyle.

Yeah, it wasn't terrific; however, I got something out of it in the end, so it was worth it.

Haven't seen Filth, but Trance was awful; and I really like Danny Boyle.

Yeah, I overrated it due to really being a fan of mcavoy. I think I also chalk up weaknesses of foreign films to cultural differences.

Filth is definitely better though.

Edited by Crom!

Watched the Original Swedish versions of the millenium series -The Girl with the dragon tattoo , The girl who played with Fire and The girl who kicked the hornets nest , really liked them.

The performance from the actress who played Lisbeth Salander was absolutely brilliant.

Stieg Larsson who wrote the trilogy witnessed the gang rape of a girl when he was 15 which left him disgusted and loathing violence and abuse against women. He never forgave himself for failing to help that girl.