The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Thanks for sharing

Mark ruffalo , tim robbins and a pretty well rounded cast take on sex addiction in different forms .. had some nice moments . I laughed , I cried .. I cried mostly because I realized Im probably suffering from sexual addiction .

I spent most of the movie wondering if all men are , or if its just me ... anyway 6.5 outta 10

I should definitely give this podcast a shot. Love Scheer and Mantzoukas in "The League".

It is a absolute must listen. Quite a few of the episodes are done at comedy clubs, where the audience gets to ask questions. It's so good.

I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK 8.5 /10 A girl who thinks she is a combat cyborg checks into a mental hospital, where she encounters other psychotics. Eventually, she falls for a man who thinks he can steal people's souls.LIttle weird at first ,but in a in a good way.,really enjoyed this one all the way.

I've had Mean Streets downloaded for ages, I don't know why I've never seen it. Or maybe I have and just don't remember.

Second half of Goodfellas is totally mediocre, first half is the finest 80 minutes of any movie around.

Taxi Driver and Raging Bull are masterpieces IMO

neighbors - 7/10

man that was one weird movie, but I was thoroughly entertained

I felt like the first like 65% of the movie was so average, but the final 35% of it was amazingly hysterical which made up for it. 7/10 is right on the money. If the whole movie was like the last 20-25 minutes, it would be maybe the best comedy of all time. Sadly, not quite.

I felt like the first like 65% of the movie was so average, but the final 35% of it was amazingly hysterical which made up for it. 7/10 is right on the money. If the whole movie was like the last 20-25 minutes, it would be maybe the best comedy of all time. Sadly, not quite.

Yea it had a lot of funny bits. For me what brought it down was the poor editing which jumped randomly at times from one scene to another and that Dwight Schrute wannabe from the mindy project (the guy who plays Rogen's best friend).

Other than that, the dick jokes and crude humour were pretty hilarious

Birdemic. -10/10

Heard it mentioned as "bad" on Reddit and thought "maybe it's so bad it'll be funny". NOPE. Just plain terrible.

I liked it.

It felt a lot like watching The Room, or a Mystery Science Theater movie without the commentary. It's a lot worse than those in quality even, but it's a very genuine type of bad, where there's some heart to the movie, where the director knows what he wants to say, but is so bad at what he does that you end up with this. He wanted it to be an ominous film with an environmentally concious message, but is so awkward, heavy handed, and clueless that it doesn't elicit the reaction he wants.

It kind of helps that I really, really like Hitchcock's The Birds as well. It's one of my absolute favourite movies of all time, and while watching it as a kid, it was the first thing I'd seen on screen that really got me to think about what I was watching, and what was trying to be said. To see this poorly made homage in Birdemic kind of serves as a parody of that, on top of everything else.

Art of the Steal - 6.5/10

A Canadian heist film with Kurt Russel, Matt Dillon, and Jay Baruchel. That could and maybe should sound like a turn off for people (I dunno, I like Jay Baruchel), but it worked for me, in a time pass kind of way. Some decent humour here and there, and a heist twist that was actually fitting, clued on, yet hard to really predict.

Godzilla - 8/10

To say that this is the best Godzilla movie is both true, and saying nothing at all. While I've seen most of, and enjoyed many of, the Japanese films, they're not exactly a mark of quality. But there are some core elements and themes that are universally central to the better ones. The movie that came out in '98 was a really bad Jurassic Park rip off, but this at the very least deserves credit in its more authentic production. And with respects to where you could take an authentic Godzilla in a Big Budget Hollywood Drama, this was probably the best direction they could have taken. To be able to blend elements of a classic disaster movie, with that modern day super-hero feel, and manage to throw in Godzilla vs. Monsters, that's fairly impressive.

The best thing was that they were able to take that old school monster vs. monster thing, and not make it feel particularly forced. I mean it's obviously not realistic, but the movie manage to set it up naturally. The worst thing was probably the lead guy, the one from Kick ass. Have no idea why he was given the lead. He has no screen presence.

Kick Ass 2 - 3/10

That movie was balls. The movie was so back and forth between what it wanted to say about vigilantism that by the end when it made its final statement, it held no meaning. Most things that people said, and that those people did, made little to no sense.

I liked the first movie, and that didn't feel as lost and purposeless as this one. I don't actively hate this movie, but it was a large waste of my time.

Chloe Moretz said yesterday that piracy was the thing that killed the chance of another sequel in the series, but it was not. It's this second movie's lack of merit. A third sequel would in all likelihood be even more vapid than this one.

Art of the Steal - 6.5/10

A Canadian heist film with Kurt Russel, Matt Dillon, and Jay Baruchel. That could and maybe should sound like a turn off for people (I dunno, I like Jay Baruchel), but it worked for me, in a time pass kind of way. Some decent humour here and there, and a heist twist that was actually fitting, clued on, yet hard to really predict.

Godzilla - 8/10

To say that this is the best Godzilla movie is both true, and saying nothing at all. While I've seen most of, and enjoyed many of, the Japanese films, they're not exactly a mark of quality. But there are some core elements and themes that are universally central to the better ones. The movie that came out in '98 was a really bad Jurassic Park rip off, but this at the very least deserves credit in its more authentic production. And with respects to where you could take an authentic Godzilla in a Big Budget Hollywood Drama, this was probably the best direction they could have taken. To be able to blend elements of a classic disaster movie, with that modern day super-hero feel, and manage to throw in Godzilla vs. Monsters, that's fairly impressive.

The best thing was that they were able to take that old school monster vs. monster thing, and not make it feel particularly forced. I mean it's obviously not realistic, but the movie manage to set it up naturally. The worst thing was probably the lead guy, the one from Kick ass. Have no idea why he was given the lead. He has no screen presence.

Where did you watch Godzilla? Is it out on video now? Thought it didn't come out until September, been trying to buy it at futureshop, preorders only right now.

Edited by aliboy

Memories of Murder is one of the best movies I have ever seen.

It is pretty special,i own the 3 movies i listed on DVD and the Host is the only one i`ve watched more than once,not because they are bad movie.I just want to hold on to the feeling of how special they were the first time watching them.Maybe by the end of the year i'll revisit both.

Kick Ass 2 - 3/10

That movie was balls. The movie was so back and forth between what it wanted to say about vigilantism that by the end when it made its final statement, it held no meaning. Most things that people said, and that those people did, made little to no sense.

I liked the first movie, and that didn't feel as lost and purposeless as this one. I don't actively hate this movie, but it was a large waste of my time.

Chloe Moretz said yesterday that piracy was the thing that killed the chance of another sequel in the series, but it was not. It's this second movie's lack of merit. A third sequel would in all likelihood be even more vapid than this one.

Totally agree with you on that one did not have the same feeling at the end of this one that i have with the first,problem is as long as movies like Kick Ass made their box office they will keep making them,. I call BS on what Moretz is saying,yeah maybe she won`t do another one but the movie did make it's US budget back and then you add in the worldwide gross and the movie was a modest in the eyes of many in Hollywood.

Edited by tbone909

Chloe Grace Moretz said a day or two ago that she doesn't think that they will be making a Kick-Ass 3. She blames piracy of the movie. That's odd because the movie made over $60million and it only cost them $28million to make it not including the cost of advertising. They will also make profit from the sale of DVDs.

Kick Ass 2 - 3/10

Don't know how anyone can hate kick ass 2. The violence, gore and humour combine to form one sextacular film. Truly a masterpiece in my eyes