The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Guest Gumballthechewy

What are you, a sleeper agent?

Wait? Aren't you... I thought... Umm......

Hey, just curious, what's your home address?

Edited by Gumballthechewy

Guest Gumballthechewy

23, Ilyinka Street,

Moscow, 103132, Russia.

Dasvidanya, comrade

I'll overlook your flawed Russian if you bring me ten American politicians within the hour.

Для матери России!

Let Me In: 9/10. The perfect blend of cute and unsettling. Phenomenal acting and dialogue. I'd agree with King saying it's the best American horror movie in the last 20 years, but it wasn't just a horror movie.

Check out the Swedish original movie - Låt den rätte komma in (Let The Right One In) - even better.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

The book is even better than the movies. And way more disturbing when you learn the back story of how she became a vampire.

http://www.amazon.ca/Let-Right-One-In-Novel/dp/0312355297/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356941232&sr=1-1

Killing Them Softly - 7.5/10

A bit heavy handed at times, but some super great performances and nicely shot. Definitely has some issues, but overall a good movie that I already want to re-watch.

Can't believe people are rating it so low or walking out on it. Lmao.

Check out the Swedish original movie - Låt den rätte komma in (Let The Right One In) - even better.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

The book is even better than the movies.  And way more disturbing when you learn the back story of how she became a vampire.

http://www.amazon.ca...56941232&sr=1-1

I watched Let The Right One In before watching the American version. I thought it was good as well, both are fairly well done.

Got around to watching Ted.....meh 6/10. I did like some of the jokes but the story and supporting cast just sucked too much to warrant anything higher. Seth MacFarlane is certainly no Trey Parker or Matt Stone.

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - 7/10 Not a great movie but not terrible either. I like Emily Blunt, Ewan MacGregor and Kristen Scott Thomas so I was able to watch in relative good cheer. Is a little underwhelming in places though.

The Hobbit. I have to say that I was prepared to be disappointed, but I wasn't. At about the time where they ended the movie, I was thinking that this is a perfect place to end the movie, but there's no way I've been sitting here for three hours. I was wrong. 9/10

Madagascar 3. The wife's choice, but since I liked the first one (and thought the second was okay) I figured I'd give it a shot. It was better than I expected, but still not as good as #1. 7/10

Guest Gumballthechewy

Kind've. I think the sex of vampires is pretty convoluted, considering they don't reproduce through copulation. Twilight of course doesn't count because real vampires don't sparkle.

Ha ha! Fair enough. :P

Resident Evil: Retribution probably get a 7 out of 10 for me. I was entertained.

It made almost everyone's worst of the year list.

I saw it a few months ago and literally can't reminded anything from it.

Forgot to do it after I saw the movie, so i'll do it now.

Django Unchained-8/10

Great movie. It's superbly acted, well paced, has an excellent script, and the shootouts are just awesome. Christoph Waltz is a great actor, but his character seemed very close to Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds. That's probably just his mannerisms working through though. It was well shot, and Tarantino is really a master at building tension. It's not quite as good as his other movies in my opinion, but it's still well ahead of most of the movies released in 2012. I'd say it's the second or third best movie I've seen this year.

Watched a few I "got".

Django Unchained 9/10 - Absolutely loved it, nothing is better than a solid Quentin Tarantino movie, although its not his best, it was a typical Tarantino movie full of his usual.

Skyfall 8.5/10 - One of the best modern day Bond movies. Best of the 3 Daniel Craig films and a much better improvement over Quantum. Very different Bond film that went away from all the gadgets.

Zero Dark Thirty 7/10 - Didn't seem entirely true and changed the actually story up a bit but still good entertainment.

Edited by Armada

After reading comment by Michael Burgin on Rotten Tomatoes suggesting that Looper was the greatest sci-fi thriller since 12 Monkeys, I decided to rent it. I now want to hunt down Michael Burgin and slap his face with my copy of 12 Monkeys. Looper was ok, it had a good ending and decent acting (6.5/10) but it is not even in the same atmosphere as 12 Monkeys. I am disappoint.