The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

wreck it ralph - 6.5

big disappointment

matter of fact, i've been really disappointed by most animated movies i've seen in the last few years.

I could not disagree with you more. I think its fantastic.

Edited by CAPSLOCK

ParaNorman - 6.5/10

After hearing some terrific buzz about it, wife and I thought it would be fun watch. It was ok at best. The first 5-10 minutes were quite interesting, then it tapered off for about an hour. The last 10 minutes were very well done. All in all, decent rental, but not worth owning. Unless, of course, you have kids that love it.

Men In Black 3 - 7/10

Very, very enjoyable. After the absolute trainwreck that was MIB 2, I was honestly never expecting a third film to come out, and I would have been completely happy with that. However, MIB 3 was actually fun. The only knock I have against it was that it seemed like the Will Smith show. He did fine, but it would have been good to have a little more Josh Brolin. BIGGEST PROBLEM: Why have Will Arnett in the film and then use him in one scene. That made me sad.

My wife watched a foreign movie on Netflix yesterday - Silence of Love. I caught a few minutes of it here and there, but was too busy to sit and watch. She seemed to really enjoy it though.

But I had to comment on the song at the end of the movie, which the lead character sings (think it is same title as the movie). It was stunningly gorgeous. I am never the type to go search out a song I heard in a movie, but I'm certainly going to do so for this one.

Django 9/10

Thought the movie lived up to the high expectations and was a very solid. I enjoyed the action to well done.

The Campaign 7/10

Went in with lower expectations seeing how people either loved or hated this movie. I was actually enjoying it and it definitely had some funny moments that made laugh.

This is 40 7/10

Watched this with my girlfriend and I was probably more into then she was thought it was actually pretty funny. Paul Rud plays the same character he usually does but he's a funny dude.

The Count of Monte Cristo (Jim Kaveezil, Guy Pearce) - 7/10

Book is a 10/10 for me, and the movie managed to keep most of the important elements of the book, or as much as can be expected for a 2 hour film. The ending never sat well with me, didn't like how they made it all happy family ending, but I guess you need closure.

Edited by GodzillaDeuce
  • Upvote 1

Get the Gringo 7/10 - It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It tries a little too hard to be Tarantino-esque, and the plot is all kinds of stupid, but Mel Gibson can still carry an action film and the setting was really cool.

8 1/2 - Pacific Cinematheque is showing a 35mm print of this right now. I went to see it because it's generally considered to be Fellini's masterpiece and one of the best films ever made and I'm trying to see as many of the classics as I can, but I'm not too sure what I thought of this one. There were some images that really stuck with me, but to be honest the whole thing seemed kind of masturbatory, and I caught myself checking my watch a couple of times. I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had seen the rest of Fellini's stuff. I dunno. It wasn't terrible, but out of all the arthouse "classics" that I've seen I definitely got the least out of this one.