Sign in to follow this  
Kass9

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Waves: 6/10 - drama snowballs. when one thing couldn't get worse, it gets worse. then it gets worse again, then again, only to give a bit of hope that maybe it's not so bad after all

some decent bits and pieces here and there, though

7 hours ago, Monty said:

The Post

There’s no denying that Spielberg has made great movies in the past. And that those movies are classics (see: Indiana Jones 1-3, Jaws, ET, Jurassic Park, Schindler’s List (I assume, still haven’t seen it), Minority Report, Munich). However, he hasn’t made a great movie since 2005 (Lincoln was “ok”). It seems like he’s been coasting the last 15 years in what can only be described as “Dad Movies”. And The Post sits comfortably in that region.

This can only be described as a generic, safe, Oscar bait film. Nothing noteworthy happens. Everything is predictable from a mile away, and nothing is inspired at all. Milquetoast.

Just saw this on the weekend.

It was definitely a movie.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Just saw this on the weekend.

It was definitely a movie.

That’s literally the most glowing review one can say. He successfully made a movie.

Can’t stand Baz Luhrmann...

You’d think regular musicals were bad enough.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Can’t stand Baz Luhrmann...

You’d think regular musicals were bad enough.

Just looked at his filmography. He hasn’t done very many films, but he seems to ALWAYS be around. 

The only movie of his I watched from start to finish was Australia, but I remember hating it. I watched about 20 minutes of Romeo and Juliet when I was like 15, and my friends and I were like “WTF is this?” 

Never watched Moulin Rouge, would never watch it. Watched the first 5 minutes of The Great Gatsby and quickly remembered he directed it, so I shut it off, knowing I was wasting my time if I continued.

So after all that talk about the dullness of movies about journalism, Wes Anderson just announced he's doing a movie that appears to be loosely based on the development of the New Yorker. I think he'll probably take things in a completely different direction, which could be great for basically lampooning all those movies of the past.