The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A 48-game season is detrimental to the Canucks

RAMBUTANS

Do you fly to Pennsylvania work for a few hrs and fly to another city to work for another few hours spend a night at the hotel and then fly to another city? Or do you go to Pa. stay there for an extended time and come home to Vancouver on your days off?

it is an issue. The team spends millions on attempts to mitigate the affects of travel by hiring sleep doctors to psychiatrists. Just look what Team Canada did for the Juniors team this year. Any one who has ever been on an air plane can tell you jet lag is real and traveling to different time zones affects your sleep patern. Travel is a huge issue.

Would you rather be NYR who is a 1 or 2 hr bus ride to most of their division games or Canucks who's closest trip is Calgary. Would you rather drive home a 2 hr bus ride and sleep in your own bed or sleep in a hotel room hundreds of miles away.

Also playing a sport at world class level is a lot different than waking up and going to a conference. And then having to do it again the next night after another plane ride can get pretty hard on the body.

This is the biggest concern, to me. I don't understand why these guys haven't been playing. Shinny with your teammates is not exactly representative of a competitive game.

And then, of course, if the Canucks miss the playoffs, on will come the chorus of "we were screwed by the NHL, the Cup would've been ours if the season was started in October", etc.

You are over rating it and I am under rating it i guess

NY is a bus ride to New Jersey and Long Island, Pitt, Philly, Boston are still a plane ride. Do you honestly think you can take a bus from pitt to philly? haha. look at chicago, nash, dal, actually, 90% of the league cant take a bus to any game!

It's not like its a crazy disadvantage, you make it sound like they play a home and home with the florida panthers every other day.

The kings and ducks have won cups.

Calgary is a 45 min plane ride in a luxurious private jet. Vancouver is an extra 45 min plane ride past Calgary and they are in the same division. this extra 45 mins is making this huge difference?

And god forbid if they have to go from one luxurious hotel to the other in back to back games

Life is hard playing a game you love for millions of dollars while traveling around North America.

Worst excuse ever, right up there with my dog ate my homework. Or I got chlamydia from a public toilet seat, baby I swear!

I think it will be to our benefit honestly.

Everyone is skating, everyone is keeping active so across the board the energy level should be the same for all teams.

Where I think it helps us is in the playoffs, shorter season = less injures and less wear and tear, so we will be more fresh than in previous years and when we are at our best I think we are the best team in the league, or atleast one of them.

As 'vanfan' and Mr. Reputable have stated,this team is all about Kesler being healthy.

Kes can make Booth and Kes can carry the team.

Most of all,healthy Ryan means the Sedins are not the complete focus.

10 game season is fine with me as long as Kes is at the top of his game.

Archived