#1 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

POPULAR

...For You smokers, Next time could you please not come and stand right beside me and blow smoke in my face to the point where I have to move?, I don't even care if it's a few feet away from me, if the winds blowing in my direction, you better believe it's hitting my face and it's such a piss off! why the F should I have to move because of your stupid habbit? ... just next time, be more considerate of others..and before you start an arguement about pollution and what not, take it from an asthmatic, nothing it worse.

Thanks,
/End Rant

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#2 Fudd

Fudd

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

And can you not all simultaneously light up at a bus stop?

Second hand smoke isn't too fun.

#3 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,237 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Isnt there a law where you must be ____ metres away from certain areas, so it may be your legal right to have him move.

But yeah... It's really disgusting, but you do see some really nice people, one guy was in the massive lineup for the Canucks preseason game, it was raining and such but he'd move out far from the line to smoke, but he did get stopped at the gate for a water bottle with something yellow in it. :P

Edited by PlayStation, 29 December 2012 - 04:13 AM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#4 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,237 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

Are transit shelters smoke-free?
Substantially enclosed transit shelters are smoke-free, but bus stops (without a sheltered area) are not smoke-free.

Where does the “buffer zone” apply?
The 3 metre buffer zone applies to most public places and work places, such as shopping malls, libraries, and office buildings. The area around most doorways, open windows, and all air intakes cannot be used as an area to smoke. This protects against smoke entering the building, and protects people as they enter or exit the building.

The buffer zone does not apply to hospitality sector patios where smoking can occur, provided that the door between the patio and building remains closed except when entering or exiting the patio; and provided the windows and air intakes between the patio and building remain closed at all times.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#5 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

POPULAR

As far as I'm concerned it's indefensible for anyone born in the last 40 years to smoke. With all we know about the human body, and what damages it, combined with what we know about what is in cigarettes it is completely unjustifiable as to why anyone would willingly want to smoke.

I agree with the rest of you, keep that sh*t away from me, join the homeless and back alley hookers you seem to identify down with.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,703 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

Smokers are jokers, amirite comrades?

#7 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

Smokers are jokers, amirite comrades?

I was just going to say...

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#8 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Also, you smokers need to realize that throwing your butts everywhere is disgusting and littering. The filters don't biodegrade, just use an ashtray (especially if you smoke while driving) it's not that hard.

Posted Image

#9 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

POPULAR

Yes yes, we smokers truly are idiotic sub-human parasites. We have already been ejected from all indoor public areas and now it's gotten to the point where people piss and moan if we are smoking outside. It's quite funny that smoking dope outside is (or almost is) more socially acceptable.
Guess I'll head back to the alleyway with all my heroin addict and hooker buddies and have a cigarette now, thanks.

#10 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Yes yes, we smokers truly are idiotic sub-human parasites. We have already been ejected from all indoor public areas and now it's gotten to the point where people piss and moan if we are smoking outside. It's quite funny that smoking dope outside is (or almost is) more socially acceptable.
Guess I'll head back to the alleyway with all my heroin addict and hooker buddies and have a cigarette now, thanks.

At least the coke and heroin addicts usually clean up their mess afterwards. :P

Edited by The Hornet, 29 December 2012 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Yeah that's right. They put the coke up their nose and the dirty needles neatly on the sidewalk.

#12 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Also, you smokers need to realize that throwing your butts everywhere is disgusting and littering. The filters don't biodegrade, just use an ashtray (especially if you smoke while driving) it's not that hard.

Yes...I've been on my motorbike and had an ignorant smoker toss his butt out the window of his car and hit me in the chest and land in my lap...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#13 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

That's the worst part of all. Butts thrown out of high rise buildings constantly, of which one blew into a lower level suite igniting a fire. That was scary. Can't help but noticed the ground littered with butts in some areas, it's truely disgusting. Then again people who let their dog dedicate on the sidewalk grind my gears too. Finally got me the other week.

In general I find people to be very inconsiderate and disrespectful.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#14 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Well I guess since CDC said it, I better quit smoking....

#15 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...butts-nest.html

Cigarette butts help birds keep nests free of pests

Nicotine in discarded filters repels pests, Mexican study finds

Birds in cities are insulating their nests with cigarette butts, a practice that might help smoke out parasitic mites thanks to the nicotine found inside the discarded material, researchers in Mexico have found.
Scientists at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in Mexico City examined the nests of two bird species common in North America. They measured the amount of cellulose acetate, a component of the paper filters at the end of cigarettes, found in the nests and discovered the more there was, the fewer parasitic mites were present.
Posted ImageNicotine is a natural defence used by the tobacco plant to ward off plant-eating insects. (Daniel Munoz/Reuters)
Monserrat Suarez-Rodriguez, the lead author of the study published in Biology Letters, says city birds may just be adapting a behaviour that is common in the wild to an urban environment. Birds in the wild are known to line their nests with vegetation that keeps parasites away.
Suarez-Rodriguez and her colleagues went even further in their research and investigated whether there was a difference between material from smoked versus unsmoked cigarettes.
Nicotine an effective pesticide

The team put traps in the nests of 27 house sparrows and 28 house finches on their university campus. The traps were outfitted with fibres and filters from smoked or unsmoked cigarettes and emanated heat to attract parasites.
They found that the traps with butts from unsmoked cigarettes had many more parasites than the devices with butts from smoked cigarettes – which contain more nicotine. The nests with unsmoked butts caught more than twice as many parasites, on average.
"It appears that … mites are repelled by nicotine, perhaps in conjunction with other substances," the study authors concluded.
Nicotine is a natural defence used by the tobacco plant to ward off plant-eating insects and has been used to protect crops from pests as well as to control parasites in poultry.
But the scientists admitted that in the case of the birds, the pest-repelling effect could just be an added benefit of using cigarette butts to line their nests. The discarded butts provide good insulation regardless.
The researchers said they'd like to expand their study to see whether birds are intentionally choosing filters from smoked cigarettes.
"Birds could distinguish smoked and non-smoked butts from their scent, just as some birds that use the chemical compounds of plants as defence against parasites appear to rely on [smell] to collect those with effective chemicals," they wrote.

Just figured I'd post the above lol. seen in a few weeks back

I smoke. But I do my best to make sure I do not blow smoke in others face.. I make sure I move out of MY way to make sure I am not walking by or standing by anyone when I smoke. Don't know who does or does not smoke so I don't take any risk. I started smoking when I was 25(now 27) and I always had people I knew who smoked show some respect when I didn't smoke. So I figure I'd pay it forward now that I do.. although its not your normal pay it forward

#16 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

It is about being courteous in public. Just ask if the people around you mind if you light up.

Just remember, people who do not smoke or are generally not around it are more sensitive to the smell of smoking. I know for me it aggravates my asthma, so I will tend to avoid groups of smokers.

#17 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,572 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

POPULAR

Whenever someone deflects from the issue at hand by comparing it to another, it's weak.

No one's asking you to head to the alley way (yes we are), we're asking you to be considerate of those around you who don't want to fill their lungs with crud. "Outside" is large enough that you should be able to find a spot away from others in which to light up. That's all that's being suggested here.

It's not that people who complain are pissy moaners - they have a right to protect their health, even if you don't appear to care about yours. I was a smoker for years and quit because it was causing issues for me...so why should I have to inhale smoke from others? (I shouldn't).

I have no problem with smokers...my Mom went to her grave with a cigarette in her hand. I just think it's a matter of courtesy and common sense to smoke where it isn't affecting others.

Posted Image

#18 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Smokers .. the last of a dying breed ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#19 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

I smoke. But I do my best to make sure I do not blow smoke in others face.. I make sure I move out of MY way to make sure I am not walking by or standing by anyone when I smoke. Don't know who does or does not smoke so I don't take any risk. I started smoking when I was 25(now 27) and I always had people I knew who smoked show some respect when I didn't smoke. So I figure I'd pay it forward now that I do.. although its not your normal pay it forward

Out of curiosity, why did you start?
“Hi Nigel, just a quick note to say that I am always ready to do exactly what is asked but it would have been a great help to know in advance what the strategy was.”

- Carolyn Stewart Olsen, Conservative Senator.

#20 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Use a bong instead
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#21 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Appreciate it!!
Posted Image

#22 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

keep on smoking in the free world!!

nothing you can do, if you cant beat them ............

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#23 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

i started in my really early years cause of bad influences but at age 25? i wouldnt even have bothered.

10f3wcl.jpg

#24 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Well, it's better than you lighting up next to me and filling my lungs with the product of your stupid ???? decision.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#25 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Well, it's better than you lighting up next to me and filling my lungs with the product of your stupid ???? decision.

is it not common sence to move away if you dont like something? I believe in the first come first served, if im there smoking already and you came and sat down beside me I aint putting it out, but if you're already there i would finish before i had to go there.

Edited by machete, 29 December 2012 - 11:08 AM.

10f3wcl.jpg

#26 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

is it not common sence to move away if you dont like something?

Easiest example, the constant amount of times I'm smoked out standing in line at the bus stop.

Edited by Niloc009, 29 December 2012 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#27 LostViking

LostViking

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

I have a buddy I like to visit and his family was complaining about smoke getting into their house windows when I'm outside smoking. So now I smoke at the end of their driveway/in the street in order to help the situation. To be honest, its a horrible feeling, every single person who walks by stares incessantly, and people always ask me why I am practically standing in the middle of the road. The worst part, its a townhouse complex and everyone else (including my friend's neighbours) just smoke right outside their doors, I see 4-5 smokers doing this in little groups and I am stuck in the middle of the street like an idiot. Nowhere else in the world do I feel so out of place and unwanted as out there smoking.

The part I never understood is that people complain a lot about smoking, but very little about vehicle exhaust. I have always felt that if you are allowed to drive around spewing exhaust everywhere, then you should be allowed to smoke in those same areas. It always puzzles me when people complain about smoking in the streets, on sidewalks, in parking lots, etc, I can understand if it is a park or lake or something where car exhaust is not allowed either. My guess is its greed, they can get something out of driving a car, so its important to them, they don't get anything out of someone else's smoking so it doesn't matter to them, even though it may mean something to someone else.
Posted Image

#28 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

you would preffer them snorting and injecting beside you then a person smoking ciggarettes?

10f3wcl.jpg

#29 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,572 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Car exhaust is a bi-product of something....driving is a form of transportation and does serve a purpose. Smoking does not.

Anyhow, I am one of those who will simply move away...I don't treat smokers as monsters and would be a hypocrite if I did, as a former smoker for years. But I get pretty defensive when it comes to children...we've learned a lot about second hand smoke and they should not be subjected to it at all. So public places are included in that, as kids will be exposed to some degree. Outside is fine, as long as it's away from doors/windows where it will seep inside.

Posted Image

#30 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

so is walking.. i dont want breathe your car fumes can you drive somewhere eles?

Edited by machete, 29 December 2012 - 11:18 AM.

10f3wcl.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.