The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smokers..

nux4lyfe

I saw a piece of work with his girlfriend yell at this smoker to kill himself but not to drag them with him. The smoker was sitting there quietly at maybe 50 feet away. Long story short, the girlfriend was screaming and the boyfriend was out cold with his nose mashed in. The smoker was calmly walking away. This was in Yaletown. I really hated that smoker for not putting his cigarette out on the yuppy's forehead. We sat in the patio and continued to drink our beer watching for about 20 minutes at the guy lying there with the mashed in nose while others swarmed around doing nothing. The ambulance came. The ambulance had pretty lights.

Alright MM, if you and your pals are that intent on hotboxing yourselves with carcinogens, formaldehyde and other chemicals too numeroous to list here, and pay the government for the pleasure, this is what you have to do:

Open up a Private Club, which will admit only card carrying members (kinda like the NRA). You wouldn't be able to employ anyone legally to serve you but I hear that the Yanks have a vast reserve of illegal aliens which they can exploit for their own godly purposes, maybe you can tap into that.

Let us know how your tracheotomy goes! All the best.

Alright MM, if you and your pals are that intent on hotboxing yourselves with carcinogens, formaldehyde and other chemicals too numeroous to list here, and pay the government for the pleasure, this is what you have to do:

Open up a Private Club, which will admit only card carrying members (kinda like the NRA). You wouldn't be able to employ anyone legally to serve you but I hear that the Yanks have a vast reserve of illegal aliens which they can exploit for their own godly purposes, maybe you can tap into that.

Let us know how your tracheotomy goes! All the best.

"godly purposes" Considering I'm one of the most outspoken religious skeptics I doubt I'm getting my hands on that money...Second...If you've been reading...and judging by this post, you haven't... I NO LONGER SMOKE CIGARETTES. So...as far as your snarky little wisecrack about a tracheotomy...well..it's just irrelevant. I put forth the idea of a smoking lounge as a compromise...I'm tired of seeing good people like my friends harassed over stuff like a few feet of property...I'm tired of the bleeding hearts whining and crying every time they walk past someone who is already smoking and act like it's the smoker's responsibility to put it out when they walk by...sorry, but it is a two way street...it would take just as little time for the fragile non-smoking crybabies to walk away from where the smoker is, but because they feel the oxygen is their entitlement, they have to make a big honking deal about it. That is petty...very very petty...and unnecessary bickering. Both sides can be stubborn and unyielding...I have noticed that...but...and this is THE last comment I am making on this subject because I have a funeral to help plan for in about 45 minutes..The non-smokers in my experience have been far more rude, insensitive, stubborn, unyielding, pompous and arrogant than any smokers I know ever have been. Maybe they should take a chill pill...or find something to relieve their stress so they can stop being so sanctimonious about this issue. I don't smoke. I smoked for 15 years. Started when I was 13, in middle school. I went on my E-Cig 6 months ago, and finally...FINALLY wrested Big Tobacco's full nelson hold on me. I don't like cigarette smoke myself, but as someone who used to smoke...I can empathize with all the BULL CRAPOLA that those who currently do smoke are experiencing. These "oxygenazi" bleeding hearts need to be cognizant of the fact that the air on this planet does not solely belong to them...and for all of you who grill out..who barbecue...did you not know that the smoke coming off that grill that gets in your face and you breathe in is miles more hazardous to your lungs than a little bit of second hand cigarette smoke?

"These "oxygenazi" bleeding hearts need to be cognizant of the fact that the air on this planet does not solely belong to them" seriously?? Are you that deluded? Everyone has the right to breathe and and smokers interfere with that right by expelling secondhand smoke.

As I posted earlier when you first floated this laughable and fantastical justification:

The reason non-smokers are more aggressive is because you are choosing to cause significant harm when you expose them to secondhand smoke, even for brief periods of time.

Non-smokers are funny that way when some self-entitled smoker inflicts damage on their bodies - feel free to wreak havoc on your own body but not on that of third parties.

And why is this so? Because it is based upon medical and scientific evidence as I have noted in past posts.

Seems pretty clear why someone protecting their health and well-being and that of their children would be more aggressive or even "rude, insensitive, stubborn, unyielding, pompous and arrogant" - they have good cause.

The same does not apply to smokers.

Archived