The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smokers..

nux4lyfe

I was sitting at the bus shelter along with a couple other people this one time. It was pouring rain.

Then this group of "cool kids" walks up and just stands in front of the bus shelter and waits for the bus as well. After a few minutes, the 5 of them light up and I had to move out a few metres into the rain just to avoid their second hand smoke. Talk about inconsiderate.

LOL! Guess what dude...I'm a former smoker..and it DID relieve stress...how's about you get a frame of reference for your foolishness? The E-Cig I'm on now? Well glory be...it relieves stress too...must be the nicotine...yeah...it is..because nicotine is the DRUG associated with cigarettes..and contrary to what some quack psychologists have to say...nicotine DOES relieve stress. Speaking from experience.

I was sitting at the bus shelter along with a couple other people this one time. It was pouring rain.

Then this group of "cool kids" walks up and just stands in front of the bus shelter and waits for the bus as well. After a few minutes, the 5 of them light up and I had to move out a few metres into the rain just to avoid their second hand smoke. Talk about inconsiderate.

I find it ironic when a smoker will start to complain about money. Most people that smoke, while not all, seem to smoke an upward of a pack or more a day. It's lke they don't realize just how much a pack a day actually costs in a month, or a year.

It's absolutely ridiculous how much it can figure out to if you smoke or drink fairly regularly. Some people could save thousands a year and don't even think about it.

The bottom line is people smoke by choice .. non-smokers and smokers alike should exercise common courtesy when it comes to interaction .. 12+ pages of bickering over what should be the easiest of solutions .. COMMON FU**ING COURTESY, FOLKS ..

Former smoker as well and this is pretty stupid. Those who haven't had cigarette after a stressful day at work and experience that glorious headrush won't understand the feeling. Those who do smoke don't realize/care what they're doing to their health, and in some cases, to other people's health as well when they have that urge for a cigarette. Honestly, when that craving comes, it just overwhelms you.. No matter how broke you are, $10 for a pack suddenly becomes nothing and you'll just get consumed by it.

After smoking 3 a day for the past 3 years, I've quit cold turkey. Albeit it has only been 3 months, my cravings are virtually non-existent and smoker's hack is gone. The headrush was nice but how I feel now is just so much better. I'm almost certain there are people that are going to say "It's only been 3 months, give it another 3 months, he'll be smoking again" but whatever, haters gon' hate.

Archived