The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smokers..

nux4lyfe

Your overt ignorance as it relates to how smokers think is astounding. Have you ever been a smoker? Have you ever felt what it's like to come home after a long day at work and get an incredible, glorious head rush that makes you feel better...if only for a little while? If you haven't, as I said earlier...you have no frame of reference on how smokers think.

Your overt ignorance as it relates to how smokers think is astounding. Have you ever been a smoker? Have you ever felt what it's like to come home after a long day at work and get an incredible, glorious head rush that makes you feel better...if only for a little while? If you haven't, as I said earlier...you have no frame of reference on how smokers think.

I was the youngest person at my job...and honestly I didn't smoke during the day because I didn't want to deal with the smell in my work clothes all day...well..not only me not dealing with the smell...but I really didn't want to piss off my co-workers or my boss. When you work around food that's not a great smell to have on your clothes.

Addiction, stress relief call it whatever the hell you want...as you failed to answer the question I'm going to assume (like you've been doing the entire thread) that you have not ever been a smoker, and therefore have no idea what it's like to suffer from an addiction. If you have no experience to fall back on making statements about smokers and are just one of these people who feel it's prudent to tell everyone else what to do with their lives, I feel incredibly sorry for you. Mind your own business.

Tried it, smoked for a while, and quit. Realized pretty fast how stupid and pointless it was. Watching smokers huddle outside in the pissing rain just to get their "fix" was reason enough to stop. Then there was the total waste on money that went along with it.

You feel sorry for me? Don't bother. I'd never put any effort into doing the same for you.

Tried it, smoked for a while, and quit. Realized pretty fast how stupid and pointless it was. Watching smokers huddle outside in the pissing rain just to get their "fix" was reason enough to stop. Then there was the total waste on money that went along with it.

You feel sorry for me? Don't bother. I'd never put any effort into doing the same for you.

There's a young kid where I work that will pay up to a buck for a cigarette when he runs out but can never seem to afford to eat. It's hilarious watching him basically beg to buy a cigarette. I guess he must be extremely stressed out

I never smoked a day in my life, but suffered from secondhand smoke growing up. My mom smoked like chimney. We begged her for years to stop, but she never quit. She died on my birthday last year from lung and breast cancer. She was only 55. I loved my mom, but it pains me that she will never get to see her beautiful granddaughter grow up.

But let's be honest, smokers are people too. They have a problem, and they really need to quit.

However, it is the arrogance I cannot stand. Just show courtesy to others who do not smoke. There are good reasons why they do not share in your habit. Sorry, I do not want lung cancer. And with asthma, I already have enough problems breathing.

I never smoked a day in my life, but suffered from secondhand smoke growing up. My mom smoked like chimney. We begged her for years to stop, but she never quit. She died on my birthday last year from lung and breast cancer. She was only 55. I loved my mom, but it pains me that she will never get to see her beautiful granddaughter grow up.

But let's be honest, smokers are people too. They have a problem, and they really need to quit.

However, it is the arrogance I cannot stand. Just show courtesy to others who do not smoke. There are good reasons why they do not share in your habit. Sorry, I do not want lung cancer. And with asthma, I already have enough problems breathing.

Archived